Idiotic VS Romantic (Vkook & NamJin)

Bangtan Boys One Shot Collections

         

V was waiting for Namjoon in the café, slowly sipping his coffee while looking out of the window. He checks his watch from time to time and sighs when he realized that Namjoon was almost late for an hour. He keeps checking his phone and keeps scrolling his Facebook feed because he got bored of waiting for him. He sat there for another 15 minutes and he gave up on waiting and just as he was about to pick up his phone to make a phone call to Namjoon, he saw him came running in.

“Dude.”  V looked at him. “One hour. No wait. Almost 2 hours dude!”

“Sorry!” Namjoon said. “Jin and I almost got into a fight.”

“LOL.” V smiled. “What happened?”

“He thought I was cheating on him.” Namjoon said and facepalmed. “Why did we agree to do this?’

V and Namjoon decided to sneak away from their boyfriends and they have planned to both buy their anniversary gifts for them. The two pairs of couple had been together for 5 years and both Namjoon and V were really grateful that their boyfriends have stayed with them and tolerated them for so long. Both of them secretly wanted to propose to their boyfriends and they wanted it to be a surprise.

“Have you seen my latest video?” V asked and Namjoon nods.

“You’re insane.” Namjoon said. “You know that is scary right.”

Both of them were Youtubers as well. The two of them were quite famous at the moment and they had some similar videos and those were videos of them pranking their own boyfriend. V’s recent video was that he pranked Jungkook, pretending to be suicidal and that video ended terribly with Jungkook not speaking with V for almost a week. Namjoon on the other hand, pranked Jin saying that he ate his limited edition ramyun that was only sold during that specific time. That did not end well too as Jin found out he was lying in the middle of the video and he stormed out of the door.

“I have a new video idea.” V said.

“What?”

“Not gonna tell you yet.” V said with a smirk. “You’ll see.”

“Aren’t you afraid that Jungkook might get angry one day and just leave the house?” Namjoon asked. “I know I am. So that’s why I’ve stopped pranking Jin.”

“I know.” V said. “But this will be one last prank.”

“Jin forbids me to prank him again.” Namjoon said and laughed. “He said that his small heart can’t take the risk.”

V laughs. He knew that the elder male really hates it whenever the younger guys prank them. Once there was a time where both V and Jungkook pranked Namjoon and Jin where V said that Jungkook got lost. He said that Jungkook went out to buy some supper for them and he never came back. His acting was so on point that he was crying while trying to call Jungkook. Jungkook on the other hand was hiding at the huge trash bin behind their house and he was trying very hard not to laugh. Namjoon and Jin believed him and they almost called the cops. In the end, Jungkook came sprinting into the living room and jumped onto Jin who screamed like a little girl. The three of them, including Namjoon, who was never a part of the prank, got a long lecture session from Jin saying that it was not good to do that.

“What do you wanna buy?” Namjoon asked V.

“Not telling you~” V said and he smiled. “Secret.”

“Then what’s the point for us to sneak out together?” Namjoon asked. “You almost made me lose my boyfriend.”

“I meant that we could you know… I don’t know.” V said and laughed nervously. “I just didn’t wanna go shopping alone.”

“By us having to buy our things separately and not letting each other know?” Namjoon asked. “How?”

“We’ll figure it out.” V said and he laughs. “Come on let’s go.”

The two of them walked out of the café and began walking around to look for anything that is suitable for Jin and Jungkook. They were walking around aimlessly and then they finally reached a jewellery shop.   V looked at Namjoon and he looked back.

“What?” Namjoon asked. “Don’t tell me you want to go in here.”

“Just a look wouldn’t hurt.” V said and he walked inside. Namjoon shook his head and he smiled.

“Wow.” Namjoon was amazed by the number of jewelleries and the varieties of it. He looked around and was trying to look for something that might fit Jin.

V was already at one of the display cabinet looking one for Jungkook. He knew that Jungkook likes something simple, a simple plain wedding ring might be just the right one for him. He looked for a simple, plain silver band and he smiled. He points at the ring and he smiled at the staff.

“This one.” He said.

“Sir you have a great taste.” The staff said and he took out the ring. He hands it to V and he looked at it. V was shocked as he saw that it was no ordinary ring, there were detailed engravings on the ring and carvings can be done.

“I can engrave something inside this?” V asked the staff.

“Yes.” The staff answered. “Many people would engrave their names or important dates on it.”

V looked at Namjoon and back at the ring. He laughs suddenly and Namjoon turned.

“What are you laughing at?”

“Nothing.” He said. “I’ve made up my mind. I’ll have this.”

“WHAT?” Namjoon looked at V, shocked. “I thought you weren’t buying anything.”

“Changed my mind.” V said. “I liked that ring.”

“That’s a wedding ring.” Namjoon said and V winked. “Holy you’re proposing aren’t you.”

“No wonder you’re the brain among our friends.” V laughed.

“That’s crazy. I was going to propose to Jin too.”

“No way.” V said while choosing sizes of the rings.

“Yes way.” Namjoon nods. “But I can’t find one that suits Jin.”

“Buy something princessey.” V laughs. “He likes it.”

Namjoon pouted and continues looking around the displays. He kept on walking in circles and finally he saw one. The ring was just sitting there, a nice, simple and yet elegant one. There’s a small diamond in the middle and it was just shining. Namjoon pointed towards that ring and the staff took it out for him.

“This is nice.” V said. “It has Jin written all over it.”

“Really?” Namjoon said and looked closer. “I can’t see Jin’s name.”

“I mean… Nevermind.” V laughs.


V set up a camera in a spot and used one of their pillows to hide it from sight. He then set up another one for him to vlog. He made sure that Jungkook was still out and he started his vlog.

“Hey guys! Welcome back to my channel and today, we’re doing something special.” V said to the camera. “As you guys know, Jungkook and me, we have been together for the past five years and five years is not a short period of time. So today, we’re going to surprise Jungkook with a little gift.”

V took out the ring and showed it to the camera. He smiled and kept t back into the box and he puts it in his pocket.

“The thing is, we’re not just going to give it to Jungkook, oh no. Knowing me, we’re going to give him one last prank.” He smirked.

He stood up and cut off the video and moved the camera to the other side of the room, he hid it behind the curtains and sat down, waiting for Jungkook to come home. His phone suddenly rang and he answered it, it was Namjoon.

“Hey, Jin and I was wondering if you want to shoot a video together?” Namjoon asked.

“What kind of video?” V asked.

“We don’t know yet.” Namjoon said. “Maybe a QnA or just a challenge video.”

“Not now Namjoon.” V laughed. “Waiting for Jungkook to come back.”

“Okay then.” Namjoon said. “We’ll wait for you guys.”

“I’ll call you back.” V said and hung up.

“What’s he up to?” Jin asked.

“From the way he talked, he probably would be pranking Jungkook again.”

“Jungkook would kill him if it was another huge prank.” Namjoon said and laughed.

“Can’t blame him.” Jin shrugged. “I would kill that flipping idiot as well.”

“Well then since he is not free now, I need to get going.”

“Where are you going now?” Jin asked, eyeing Namjoon who just stood up.

“Buying some coffee.” Namjoon said and yawns. “Want some?”

“I’ll go with you.” Jin said and he stood up.

“Nope.” Namjoon said and pushes Jin. “Sit down quietly and wait for me to get back.”

Jin stares at Namjoon in disbelief. This is the first time that Namjoon has ever denied anything of him. He looks at Namjoon as he took his jacket and went straight out of the room. Jin sighs. He took out his phone and he texted Jungkook, raving about how he think Namjoon is acting weird this whole week. And just as he was about to storm off to his room, the TV itself and began playing a video. Jin was startle by the video and he squealed. His eyes widen when he saw that it was Namjoon walking with his arms linked with another guy. Jin was in shock. He knew that something was wrong with Namjoon but he didn’t expect something like this to happen.

Tears began to roll down Jin’s face but he can’t pull his eyes away from the TV. The video only showed their bodies from the neck down but Jin knew that it was Namjoon. And just as he was about to turn off the TV and go cry in a corner, the video suddenly cuts to Namjoon sitting in their bedroom and was looking directly into the camera.

“Hey Jin.” Namjoon in the video said. “If you still didn’t get that, it was a prank.”

Jin wipes his tears away and begin cursing under his breath. He can’t wait for Namjoon to come home so that he could punch the hell out of him.

“The guy you saw just now, that was V.” Namjoon said and chuckled. “Knowing your personality, you’re probably not wearing your glasses or your contacts while you’re watching the video.”

“How could you not notice me you dummy hyung?” V’s voice can be heard in a distance in the video.

“Shut up! I’m trying to be cool here.” Namjoon said and V’s laughter can be heard.

“Anyways, if you stand up now and look under the couch, you will see a sticky note that I have stuck under there.” Namjoon said.

Jin stood up and he walked towards the couch, he reached out under the couch and he begin to fumble around. He felt the paper and pulled it out.

“The first birthday present I bought for you?” Jin read what was written on the paper.

“This will lead you to your next clue.” Namjoon said. “With each clue, you will be able to find the final clue of where I am now. Good luck!” With that the video ended.

Jin began wandering around the house, secretly cursing Namjoon for making his life so difficult at times. He remembered that the first birthday present that he got for Namjoon was a sweater that he made himself. Namjoon never wore that sweater because he said that it was too precious to be worn, he kept it in the closet, safely tucked inside the box that Jin gave.  He opened up the box and then he saw another piece of paper tucked under the sweater.

“The first piece of furniture that we bought together.” Jin read. “The bed.” He mumbled and he smiled.

Jin continues reading and finding new clues and he laughed at the last clue. “Something that I broke and you fixed it multiple times.” He said and ran towards the kitchen. Namjoon had broken the microwave door multiple times. The microwave door kept getting lodge out by Namjoon whenever he uses it. Jin has fixed it a few times now and he had sworn that they are getting a new one soon.

“The place we met.” The note says and Jin furrows his eyebrows. He can’t really remember where did he and Namjoon met. He knew the date, he just don’t remember where. He grabs his coat and walks out the house, wandering everywhere. Everywhere in this neighbourhood could be a potential spot that they have met. He kept walking until he reached the park. Many kids were playing and suddenly Jin remembered. They met at the park. Namjoon was helping a crying kid and Jin thought that he was bullying him. Namjoon five years ago looked scarier than Namjoon now. He used to wear sunglasses and have hair that looks like he’s a gangster. His face was fierce too and that made the kid cry.

Jin laughed when he thought of that memory. He scolded Namjoon at that time and poor, innocent Namjoon just stood there and got scolded for 10 minutes. Jin walked towards the swing and he sat down on it. He slowly moved and looked around, wondering where is Namjoon. Just as he was looking up at the sky, he felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned. He saw Namjoon kneeling on one knee with a ring box on his hand. Jin stood up immediately and he was shocked. His eyes wide open and he gasps.

“Will you be with me forever?” Namjoon said and Jin stares at him.

He didn’t know what to say and he was completely dumbfounded. He stood there staring straight at Namjoon and Namjoon was just kneeling there awkwardly.

“Errr… Jin?” Namjoon asked.

“YES!” Jin answered and he jumped on Namjoon! “Of course! Of course!”

The couple fell to the ground and they both laughed. Namjoon got up and helped Jin up and slipped the ring onto Jin’s finger. Jin gasps when he saw that it had a diamond on it.

“Holy !” Jin screamed. “YOU DIDN’T!”

“I didn’t know what would suit you so yeah…” Namjoon said and rubbed his nape.

“I love this!” Jin said and gave Namjoon a kiss on his cheek. “You really didn’t have to.”

“I love you and everything is worth it.” Namjoon said and grabs Jin’s hand.

“Let’s go home.” Jin said and the couple walked slowly back home.


“I’m home!” Jungkook said while hanging the keys onto the hanger next to the door. He felt weird that it was that quiet because V would be playing video games on their PS4 everytime he got home. He looked around and found V in the bedroom, lying on the bed.

“Hey babe.” Jungkook said and plopped onto bed.

“Hey.” V answered. “How’s work?”

“Nothing much.” Jungkook said and rolled over to give V a back hug. 

“Hey, remember today?” V asked.

“Huh?” Jungkook asked, his eyes were closing because he was just very tired.

“Don’t tell me you forgot.”

"What’s up for today?”

“Wait what?” V asked and he pulled Jungkook’s hand away. He jumped out of bed and he stares at Jungkook. “You actually don’t remember?”

Jungkook have a really confused look on his face. He was tired, he was sleepy and he was completely clueless what was V talking about. He stood up, trying to calm the now angry V.

“Babe.” Jungkook pulls at V’s shirt. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m just angry that you don’t remember today!”

“What is today?” Jungkook asked. He is really confused of what his boyfriend talking about.

“You know what? I knew it.” V said and stormed out of the room. “I KNEW IT!” He shouted.

Jungkook followed V out of the room, still confused and a little bit frustrated with his boyfriend. He found V fumbling around his bag, pulling everything out.

“What are you doing?”

“Who is this?” V said and pulled out Jungkook’s phone. “Who is he?”

“Who is who?” Jungkook asked.

V unlocked Jungkook’s phone and showed Jungkook his own phone. Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked at it, he did a double take on his phone and he was shocked when he saw that his wallpaper is a picture of him and another guy, and that guy is his ex boyfriend that he never told V about because he knew that V is a jealous little goofball.

“Babe, listen…” Jungkook tried to explain but V was already crying. “I honestly don’t know who changed that picture, it was a picture of you before this, I swear!”

“I knew you were cheating.” V said. “I knew you lied!”

“What?!” Jungkook was almost shouting. “I was not!”

“Then explain this!” V opened one of Jungkook’s Kakaotalk chat rooms and that made Jungkook almost died. There was a chat room full of his and his ex’s chat, all mushy talk and flirting all over.

“That was not me!” Jungkook screamed. “I swear to God Kim Taehyung I will never ever cheat on you!” He explained. Jungkook was already on the verge of tears.

“You said you love me!” V shouted back.

Jungkook took a deep breath and he stares into V’s eyes. He looked at the elder male and he was really speechless. V was already in tears, crying and sniffing. He really didn’t know what to say, what makes him angry is that he can’t even defend himself. He knows that he is loyal to V and he would never cheat on him. He and that ex of his had not contacted each other since their breakup and that was six years ago. Sure they were friends on Facebook and they follow each other on Instagram but he swears that he had not contacted him ever since.

“Why are you so quiet?” V asked. “Feeling guilty?”

“No.” Jungkook defended himself. “Look, I don’t know what happened and how did that happen.” He said and pointed towards his phone. “But you have to know that I will never ever, never cheat on you!”

V kept quiet. He was actually trying very hard not to laugh and trying to keep his acting on point. He made eye contact with the camera and he winked. Jungkook was pacing up and down the living room and he really didn’t know what to say. V can see that his boyfriend is really confused and angry at the same time but cute at the same time.

Jungkook suddenly walked towards V and he stares into his eyes. He looks at V and he leans and kisses V. V was taken aback from the kiss and he just stood still. He really wanted to kiss him back but he just couldn’t. He pushes Jungkook away and he ran back into the bedroom, he slams the door and ran straight into the bathroom. He looked into the mirror and realizes that he was blushing like nobody’s business. He was already smiling from ear to ear and he wonders how can he keep up his acting.

“Babe please.” Jungkook was already outside of the bathroom door. “Listen to me.”

V gave in. He knew that he can’t push his boyfriend anymore as he might snap anytime and just cry like a little kid. He opened the bathroom door and walked back into the living room with Jungkook just following him quietly. V walked to the centre of the living room and he turned to face Jungkook. Jungkook was shocked at V suddenly turning and was even more shook when he kneeled down.

“Now that you’re sorry, you need to spend the rest of your life with me.” V said while holding out the ring.

“WHAT THE !” Jungkook cursed. “What the hell!”

“Marry me?” V asked. “Even though I was an to you all the time.”

Jungkook burst into tears so suddenly that it is V’s turn to be shocked. Jungkook began crying and crying that he almost lost his breath. V immediately grabs Jungkook and pulls him into a hug while slowly his head. He never knew that his boyfriend would cry this much and he really was shocked.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” V said while trying to calm Jungkook down. “I really am sorry!”

“I’m so going to kill you!” Jungkook said and wipes his tears on V’s sleeves. “I’m killing you the moment I stop crying and I don’t know why am I crying!”

“But you are going to marry me after you murder me right?” V asked.

“You idiot! I thought I was going to lose you!” Jungkook said and he hits V.

“You do know that you are really easy to trick.” V said and he laughed a little.

“What?”

“Your phone’s wallpaper, I changed that.” V said. “I already knew about your ex boyfriend ages ago from your Instagram.” He added. “You need to clean up your feed sometimes you know.”

“But but but the conversation…?” Jungkook was so dumbfounded that he was stuttering.

“It was our conversation.” V said while trying to control his will to laugh. “I just changed up the name and the background.”

“You idiot!” Jungkook shouted at V. “I hate you!”

“You love me.” V said and pulls Jungkook into another kiss.

“I’ll leave you and let you be alone for the rest of your life.” Jungkook said when the both of them pulled away from each other.

“Aha, then you will be alone too because you are mine forever.” And with that, V slipped the ring onto Jungkook’s fingers.

Jungkook lift up his hand to take a closer look on the ring and he took it off.

“Hey!” V was shocked.

“Strong power than you?” Jungkook read the engravings inside of the ring. “Idiot.”

“Teehee.” V smiled. “That’s a little something special.”

“You really did scared me this time.” Jungkook said. “Is this for a video?”

“Yup~” V said quietly.

“I knew it.” Jungkook said and rolled his eyes.

“And just so you know, today is actually an anniversary too.”

“What?” Jungkook was shocked. “What kind of anniversary?”

“Today is the third year you dropped my favourite cup and broke it!”

“STUPID!” Jungkook said and chased V around the house.


This story is dedicated to one of my bestest friends in the world~

Congrats girl! You did it!