09.0

P.D.A.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here the ninth chapter. Enjoy.

The first thing that came out of Dahyun mind was to push him off. However her body was froze, rigid in the same position. His hand was still between hers. She clenched it, unconsciously. And she can feel he gripped her hand back.

 

A few seconds went by before he pulled back. Little by little, he opened his chocolate-molten eyes and looked directly into her dumbstruck one. He then spoke with his oh-so-y-husky tone of his.

 

"Be my girlfriend Kim Dahyun." And it wasn't a question. In fact it was more like a command.

 

Thud!

 

Her heart skip a bit.

 

What in the freaking hell!

 

She opened to reply how ridiculous he sound but nothing came out from . Her eyes widened, while his remained the same. The same y look he always had.

 

 God is really unfair sometime.

 

Dahyun closed and opened a few times before found her guts back. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR--" Dahyun couldn't end her sentences as her body was urged forward closer to him when his left hand suddenly on the back of her neck pulled her closer.

 

"Hush, there someone out there." He hissed right on her left ear after leaned in by her head.

 

"And?!" She whispered heatedly, holding in her anger.  She bit her lips hard holding herself from screaming. Holy cow, he was too close, she could smell his expensive perfume. Not to mention their position was almost like hugging, or in fact it was. With his arm secured around her back and all. 

 

"I want them to know I am pursuing you right now." Was his answer.

 

"Them? Who? And for what?" 

 

He sighed before dropping his head on her shoulder in frustrated manner.

 

"Just shut up."  His voice muffled in her shirt.

 

"Vernon..."

 

"Shh will you?!"

 

"Yah! Seriously I don’t understand--" 

 

She was cut again when out of the blue, he looked up to glare at her. She opened to give some piece of her mind but voice stuck to when those glares met hers. Almost as if to challenge her to say a word and she will regret it. And yes, they were so close, still.

 

Those eyes though…and not to mention his mint breathe.

 

Damn it.

 

"One word, and I'll kiss you again." He warned, eyes didn't leave hers.

 

Automatically her eyes dropped to his lips. The one that was on hers just now. She swallowed hard.  

 

And she realized he could not resist but did the same. 

 

"Then do it."

 

The looked on his face was uttered shocked...just like she predicted. He was speechless for a moment, before he found his voice.

 

"N-nae?" He stuttered.

 

See.

 

Dahyun heave a loud sigh as she shrugged off the hand on the back of her neck. And pulled her hand back together with her body, giving them the much needed space between them.

 

"I know you wouldn’t actually do it.” She said like it most the obvious thing in the world as she straightened her body up.

 

He was silent for a few moments and he looked speechless. Noticing she was still eyeing him with that annoying knowing look she always appeared to has. Vernon clicked his tongue in irritated and muttered. “Stop that.”

 

“Stop what?” She crossed her arms on her chest with the same expression.

 

“Stop looking at me like that.” He drove his eyes slowly toward hers.  “Like you are waiting for some kind of explanation from me.”

 

“Well, I am waiting though.” Her eyes fixed to him. “Now explain, because there is no way in the world you want me to be your girlfriend.”

 

Vernon didn’t understand why he suddenly has this urge to correct her statement. Why is it so impossible for him to have that kind of thought of her? He is a boy, and she is a girl. And they could going out if they want to. Why she made it sound like the mere idea of that was strange beyond word?

 

Yet, he kept that idea to himself. And he went with, “Because I have decided.”

 

“Decide to what?”

 

He swallowed, did not really sure why he was nervous at the moment. “I want to give a go with your plan.”

 

“Hmm? My plan? Which one?”

 

Vernon heaved a sigh loudly, this is getting too frustrated. “The one you tell me a week ago before you choose M.I.A. leaving me hanging.”

 

“M.I.A.? Did you mean Missing in Action?”

 

Vernon nodded. Dahyun snorted dumbfounded.

 

“When did I M.I.A.?”

 

“That’s not the point right now and I don’t want to talk about that.” Vernon rolled his eyes away before muttering to himself. “You might as well tell me that you disappear because you don’t want to see Mingyu. All Mingyu.”

 

“I’m sorry? I don’t get the last part.”

 

“Nothing.” He snapped.

 

“Yah, why are you getting angry now?”

 

“I am not angry.” He snapped her again.
 

“Sure, you are not.” She sneered, shaking her head in annoyed. “Just tell me what which plan you said you want to give a go.”

 

“Oh that.” His voice finally lowered down. “That one.”

 

“Yah, I know you always have that kind of superior thought of me. But I am not up to that level yet. Means, I cannot read your mind.”

 

“You seriously are annoying, Kim Dahyun.”

 

Her only reply a fit a giggle. “The one and only Kim Dahyun.”

 

He glared yet still answer her nonetheless “That one in the bushes. The one you told me to get a girlfriend. So I can get rid on the never-ending confession. Ring a bell?”

 

She appeared to be in thought. A few seconds passed before her eyes found him.

 

Vernon gulped again, and uneasily shoving his hand in his short pocket.

 

“So you choose me?” Vernon was surprised with how calm she was accepting that idea.

 

“…Kind of.”

 

“Kind of? Huh? Do you have others in mind?”

 

“For now, only you.”

 

“Oh,” She nodded slowly, pouting her lips and start to think again. “I think you should consider for other options. I don’t think, I want to do this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter