04.0

P.D.A.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here the 4th chapter. Enjoy!

Mingyu was lying down on his bed alone after the evening date with his girlfriend Tzuyu. DK had gone showering, Hoshi and Vernon still not back from God Know where and he was supposed to get the much needed nap before his another photo-shoot session that would take place at Gangnam’s studio at 8 pm. That’s mean he only has not more than two hours to rest. Or maybe less. Yet, somehow, his mind wouldn’t stop thinking about something that he couldn’t make out.

He flipped face down getting better position so sleep will come easily. Only it didn’t. Something was still bothering him at the back of his mind. Minutes passed, and he still wide awake. He let out a groan as he buried his face deeper into the pillow. Then Mingyu turned to his right side as his gaze swift to the calendar on the wall.

Thirty-first of August

His eyes fixed to the date of the day before blinking a couple of times. A series of memories poured into the thick skull of his throwing off any residue of sleepiness in his eyes. He was lost of word for a couple of second.

.

How could he forgot it?

Clumsily, Mingyu hop out from his bed creating loud thud when his foot landed on the floor in awkward angle, almost sprained his ankle in the process. He cursed inwardly from the sore but continue to proceed up to his wardrobe hopping with the fine foot.

“Yah Mingyu, did you want to know who did I found with this bastard just now?” Hoshi said the moment he and Vernon stepped into the room.

“Stop it.” Vernon warned, eyes fixed to Hoshi.

“What? It’s funny.” Hoshi laughed put his hand on Vernon’s shoulder.

Rolling his eyes, Vernon yanked his shoulder away before throwing his bag on his study table.

“Seriously, is that the way how you treat your best dude?” Hoshi said to Vernon crossing his arms on his chest, feigning an offended look. While Vernon on the other side was completely ignoring him. He turned his back toward Hoshi and busying himself with untying his tie slightly roughly than necessary and start ing, as if to get ready to wash up.

“Yah, yah. Look at that attitude!” This time Hoshi was almost really offended by Vernon cold attitude.

“What?” Vernon grumbled through their reflection on the mirror so, he wouldn’t have to face Hoshi. Irritated was clear on his face. For once, he was not in the mood either.

“Whoa, you seriously are going to continue to treat me like that? Because of that…that? ” Hoshi’s small mouth opened wide in surprised before quickly closed it back. Vernon was still indifferent. Frustrated, Hoshi went to Mingyu to gather some sympathy from his other roommates who was also in the middle of changing clothes. “Mingyu-yah, look at that ungrateful boy, he—“

BANG!

Was the sound of Mingyu closing the door behind him.

Hoshi was alarmed from the loud noise, while Vernon was unresponsive from the startled noise as he reached for his towel and went out of his way. Hoshi was left alone with his drama.

What was happening?

-flashback 5 years ago-

Twelve years old Mingyu was in foul mood that day. He was supposed to be in the field for his soccer training that Saturday, instead he ditched and went to the back of the building searching for his best friend.

“I knew you would be here.” He sighed, staring down at his best friend who appeared to be squatting down, leaning against a wall and eyes fixed on something she was holding.

“Yah, Dahyun did you hear me or not?” He called again.

This time she answered with low hmm that he would probably missed it if he didn’t notice the small movement of the tips of . She still didn’t look at him though.

Lowering his body, he sat beside her. “What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn’t’ you help your club, the festival is tomorrow you do realize it right?”

Mingyu tilted his head to take a closer look of Dahyun’s face. “Hmm?” He shouldered her to urge her.

“Not in the mood.” Was her reply as she crumpled the thing in her hand before shoved it in her pocket. “What about you? I thought soccer team has friendly-match tomorrow.”

He sighed, looking ahead. “Same as you perhaps.” He said curtly, hoping she would ask is something bothering him making he skipped today’s training, which she was not doing it. And he’s done waiting for ten seconds.

“I hate my dad.” He blurted, feeling her eyes finally on him he continued. “He’s not back yesterday, without saying anything again. It’s been what? Sixth or seventh time in this month. Who the hell he thinks he is making my mom worry like that. ing hate that old geezer!”

“Don’t say that, he is your father.”

“He is not my father! A father never left his family insecure. Definitely never make his wife crying every single night! He didn’t even care about us.”

“Your mom was crying?”

“Pretty sure.”

“What do you mean by that? Did you see it or you heard it?”

He turned to look at her before response slowly. “neither.” And quickly added offensively. “But I can see it in her eyes this morning. They swell.”

She couldn’t help but scoff lightly. “You told me last week he bought you a new phone coz you got the first place in mid sem test. And he bought new jewelry set for your mother birthday isn’t it? He won’t remember or know any of those if he wasn’t care.” She elbowed him this time. “You’re overthinking.”

“Yeah, apparently his secretary the one who do all those remember thing s.” He clenched his fist.

“Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter