Chapter 3

Uncertainty [SEVENTEEN X DAY6]

May 12, 2015:

Author's POV: 

Sunday morning, the day when Minhee adores sleep more than any other regular days. Anyone that she's close to, knows really well that he/she can bully her or badmouth her all day long or cruelly snatch away the love of her life, she won't give a about it but if anyone tries to wake up her early in a sunday morning, World War III is about to begin. So no one really dares to mess with her sleep that time, like ever.

Surprisingly, for the first time in Minhee's entire life she can't sleep well on a Sunday morning. Apparently she wakes up at 6 am, with the fear of being late for the first day of her work. She's supposed to be present there by 10 am but in case anything unexpected happens in the way, she starts getting ready from 7 am. Well, here comes the part she hates the most. 

What is she gonna wear today?

It's not like any formal job or anything, she makes up her mind to wear something casual. Some summer top with jeans would be fine. Although she hates doing make up and stuff, she does her hair and make up within 20 minutes. Well, she tries to do it in a way that doesn't seem too over the top, if that makes sense. 

"Mum, I think I'd be late today. Don't worry about me." she shouts while grabbing an apple from the table.
"At least, eat something before you go." Mrs Park replies anxiously. Why is this girl always like that!
"No mum, I'm late already. Byeee I'll take care of myself."

She reaches the pledis building at 8 am, two hours before the appointed time, a little too early. From the receptionist, she comes to know that the manager will reach there at 9.30 am so she has to wait for him to come and therefore he'll let her know what exactly she has to do. 

9.30? She sighs. What is she gonna do for one and a half hours?

She sits in the waiting lounge and grabs an old edition of a fashion magazine to spend her time. Fashion and trends are not her thing anyways, it would be amazing if they had the new edition of discover magazine where there's an amazing article published about "How evolution gone wrong: why human struggle to adapt to modern diseases" using Charles Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[1 hour later]
Minhee's POV:

Who reads this old rubbish anyways? I start to turn over the magazine with insipidity, that's when a guy enters the room.

"No baby I was really busy that's why I couldn't call you last night...*pauses* No no I didn't forget about you, how can I forget such a pretty face? I ain't that stupid...*pauses* Okay darling I'm so sorry it won't happen again I swear, I'll call you at night, I promise.. Bye take care of your body", he laughs mischievously. No sooner does he cut the call than his phone starts to ring again. 

"! I'm in trouble." He mutters as he answers the call.

"Hello, babe...*pauses* No honey I was talking to the manager right now, I didn't see you were calling me that time...*pauses* You're always my top priority but still you doubt me all the time...*pauses*  No you hurt me today...." He keeps on talking with the anonymous caller so normally even I start to believe that he was calling his manager "baby" and "honey" before.. 

What a jerk!

Yes, he's really very handsome, I'll give him that, probably one of the most handsome guys I've ever seen, specially with those sharp fang like canines. He definitely knows he looks good when he smiles, he kept on smiling like a weirdo while he was talking to his numerous lovers. He's sooo cute when he pouts with those kissable lips, my heart starts to ache at his perfection.

! What the hell am i thinking -___-

So basically I was on about how unbelievably shameless and unmannered he is. He's flirting with different girls at a time in front of  an unknown person like me. He's so into the phone calls that he isn't even bothered to at least look at the person he's sitting next to. He's such a nincompoop, i hate him already.

After ten minutes of his mawkish melodrama and sentimental dialogues, when I start to feel like throwing up the apple I had this morning, he finally disconnects the call. Thank you so much God for showing mercy on me!

"These hoes are making me crazy." he murmurs. And that's when I can't control myself.

"Don't you think you ain't innocent enough to call them hoes?" I growl at him, just not because I'm a feminist, he can't just badmouth people when he's no better than them.. In fact, he shouldn't just badmouth anyone, but I don't expect that from this jerk.

Right at the moment he decides to look at me, directly in the eye, with that innocent yet y face. Any girl would forgive him for the things he's done and fall for his charm, that's for sure. But gladly, I'm not one of them. 

"Well well, how come I haven't noticed that wild hottie beside me." His words disgust me to the point that I wanna punch his face, but my hands are precious enough to touch that filth. 

"Let's just pretend that we've never met, i don't wanna keep continuing this conversation with someone like you anyways." I reply being annoyed.

"You have no idea who I am, do you?" He lifts one of his eyebrows, the vanity and confidence of his voice irritates me.

"After observing the two faced playboy side of yours, I'm not even interested in knowing who you are", I mentally pat my head. Good job Minhee, that's what he deserves.

He wants to say something to insult me in return but that's when his phone rings. AGAIN!

"Go on, another lover is waiting for hearing your precious voice." I say sarcastically.

My words don't bother him, yet for the first time i see him becoming nervous after getting a phone call. "Seungcheol hyung, I'm in the lounge waiting for you guys." He says innocently.

Who is this Seungcheol hyung? anyways, he really needs to know about his annoying dongsaeng. 

I laugh in my head. How to turn oneself from an irritating jerk to an innocent puppy within seconds, this guy is pro at it.

"Ah yeah sorry hyung, my phone was engaged earlier...It's because...uummmm... I was talking to Wonwoo.. yes, he called me that time..*pauses* What? Wonwoo is with you? But I swear he did call me.. *pauses for a long time* Okay, hmmm okay.. I'll be here.." he sighs.

LOL that's what I expected to happen. Seems like Mr. Playboy is in big trouble.

We don't talk further as the time passes by. It's 9.36 am but still there's no sign of people in the building. Why did I decide to come so early ugh.

I try to concentrate on the Chanyeol fanfic I was reading to ignore the person next to me, suddenly I hear a familiar voice. 

"Oh my god, the receptionist told me you've been here for over an hour?" I look at S.Coups as he was standing there, amazingly attractive as the previous day, with a bunch of handsome guys who are currently staring at me. I can spot hoshi, in a plain white t shirt and black jeans, yet looking so impressively elegant.

They're Seventeen, right? Are they all gonna debut together? Woah they remind me of OT12, so adorable.

"I'm sorry for the delay. Actually we thought you're supposed to come at 10 am. If we knew, we would've reached here earlier. I hope you didn't get bored", he continues. 

How can I be bored when I have some entertainment like HIM next to me?

But S.Coups is soo cute and understanding, we don't know each other much but still he cares for me so much, my heart starts to flutter.

But obviously Mr playboy has to ruin our intimate moment right at the time i'm about to reply something sweet to S.Coups, "SEUNGCHEOL HYUNG, YOU KNOW HER ALREADY?"

wait, WHAT THE FUDGE?

It takes me a while to realise that "S.Coups" and "Seungcheol" are the same person. Yes obviously S.Coups wouldn't be the birth name of a Korean guy, DUH.

Okay, then who the hell is this guy?

"Yes, she's the new girl I was talking about . Hoshi and I met her the other day." S.Coups explains.............ugh I feel embarrassed now.

"You mean the girl who's supposed to work for us.. I mean who's supposed to PLEASE us?" He grins looking at me as if he just heard the most amazing thing in his life.

"US"?? WHAT THE HELL??

Before I could put myself together, I see him approaching me with a smirk, "Hello, Ms Minhee, it's been a PLEASURE to meet you, I'm Kim Mingyu, the VISUAL and RAPPER of Seventeen" he winks.

That's when my mind goes empty. 

KIM MINGYU............UGH 

I should've just checked their profile before coming here, why am I so dumb...!! 

Thanks to Hoshi who suddenly interferes, "Why are we standing here, let's go to the practice room, we're running out of time anyways." I follow them to the practice room, trying to be as casual as possible to ignore the awkward atmosphere.

"Okay, so let's introduce ourselves." S.Coups shouts, "SAY THE NAME, SEVENTEEN!"

My heart flutters as they introduce themselves one by one. Why are they so cute?

"As you know already, I'm the leader of Seventeen." S.Coups says with a smile.

"I'm Wonwoo, one of the rappers of hip hop unit." The guy with the most manly charm introduces himself. My eyes trace his tall slender figure, from his messy black hair down to his converse, he's just so attractive but the one thing that startles me is his deep appealing voice. 

"It's Vernon from hip hop team," says the guy who has a unique feature, doesn't seem like a regular Korean guy, handsome enough to make you go crazy.

"Do you want me to introduce myself again? I wouldnt bother to waste my energy anymore," says Mingyu with S.Coups frowning at him.

"No it's okay, I know you, Kim Mingyu." I reply with an innocent voice. 

I can't believe I have to work for him. Why's god punishing me like that?

Hoshi, as my life saviour, again protects myself from this AWKWARD situation, "As you know, it's Hoshi, the most attractive member of Seventeen," he winks, making everyone laugh out loud.

Omg he's so adorable......"Hoshi-sshi, you're the cutest of all," I reply shyly. 

"Naega Hosh", he starts dancing around the room in reaction of my words, such a dork. I join them in their laughter. 

Serially, Maknae Dino, chinese members The8 and Jun introduce themselves, with vocal unit consisting DK the main vocal, Seungkwan the funniest member, Joshua the gentleman and Woozi the talented guy (about whom i heard the other day) following them.

But Jeonghan has blown me away... I never knew a guy could be so pretty in real life.. After meeting him, I've realised that what a shame I am to the female spicies.

After they're done with the introduction, I greet them with a bow, "It's been a pleasure to meet you, I'm Park Min Hee. Please take care of me."

I feel so thankful as all of them welcome me with a warm heart.
Well, except from that jerk.

He's just glaring at me as the manager starts to explain my job to me. If I just cut everything out and say in a nutshell, my job is to help Seventeen as a staff, such as getting what they want during their debut showcase and music programme performances as they don't have sufficient staff to do so. 

Sounds legit to me. I'm sure I can do that without causing any trouble.

After a while they start practicing and I'm in charge of getting water bottles and towels for them.. It sounds such an insulting job but trust me when I say that after watching them practicing makes me so sad. They work so hard to debut, yet it doesn't take us,the audiences, couple of seconds to judge a group without thinking how much hard work, passion and sweat are behind of it. 

Standing there, I've realised one thing for sure, they're about to become very big...in the near future.

Every member is considerate enough to walk towards me when they need water, luckily I don't have to do anything at all. But whenever Mingyu needs water or towel, he shouts from the other corner of the room and I have to run with full speed to get him the bottle without any delay. It takes me seconds to reach there but he's always questioning about how the company has recruited me without any talent if i cant even do a silly job like this. 

The day has been pretty tiring for me as well, I have to continuously move from one floor to another to arrange stuffs for them but I've enjoyed it thoroughly. I like the job, no hustle but a great opportunity to learn from the celebrities themselves. 

During their break, Mingyu comes to sit near me, "I've thinking about something lately," he whispers, "is it true that you're a fortune teller?", he laughs out loud.

"I don't have any reason to answer your question." I roll my eyes.

"Well, honey, I think you do.. you're here to please us, remember?" , he grins, "I'm sure you don't want this two faced playboy to make you regret the decision you've made of coming here as a trainee, am I right?"

I clench my jaw, "What the hell do you want me to do?" 

"Okay babe calm down, no need to become so wild again", he passes me a piece of paper, "Write down something I'm about to say today. A single sentence will do. It's pretty simple, isn't it?" 

"How am I supposed to know what you gonna say? Do I look like a mindreader to you?" I snap right away.

"I know you won't be able to write that in million years, cause I'm famous for being unpredictable you know," he smirks proudly, "Five minutes later I'll take that paper away and show the world what an amazing liar you are, just wait and watch." 

I try my best to control my anger. I can't just spoil everything just because of this guy. 

*********************************************************************************************************************

Author's POV:

It was 9.45 pm when they finished their practice. Apparently the vocal unit and the performance unit had to leave earlier due to some reason, Minhee bids the rest of them goodbye and gets out of the building. 

Kim Mingyu takes the paper out of his pocket, he couldn't even unveil her true identity in front of Coups hyung, why does he trust her so much? 

he nagged him today and told him to mind his own business because of this girl. Is he the only one who has been sensing something fishy since the very beginning?

"She hasn't written anything anyways," he thinks while opening the folded paper.

Little does he know that he's about to observe the most amusing thing in his life. 

"I don't wanna practice today. I'm sorry but I feel sick with the idea of a random girl around us 24/7. I don't really understand how you guys are taking all this stuff so easily but seriously, i can't breathe the same air of a room with that hypocrite stalker.."

IN YOUR FACE, JERK! 

-MinHee

That's exactly what he said to Coups hyung after he took the paper away from her this morning.

what the is that?

 

A/N:

Hey guys! 

Sorry for the grammatical mistakes and typos, I don't do proofreading and I'm writing it on my phone so I hope you understand :) 
Minhee met all the members of seventeen!! FINALLY!! Btw who's your bias in seventeen? ;) 

And she's gonna meet DAY6 soon, so don't worry XD
The actual story is about to begin, I hope you guys are gonna like it! Enjoy ~~~ 

Oh and let me know if you have any questions regarding the story, okay? 

Don't forget to vote comment and share :) take care xx