Chapter 6

Uncertainty [SEVENTEEN X DAY6]

A/N:

Yo guys!

I'd love to suggest you to listen to these songs listed below while reading some specific parts of this chapter. This chapter is my favorite so far and I'm really excited to share it with you guys :D

#1 Medals by LuHan.
#2 NCT synchronization of your dream. (The video posted above)
#3 Sing for you by EXO.
#4 Manual by Eddy Kim.
#5 Colors by DAY6.

 

******************************************************************************

 

September 6, 2015.

Minhee's POV:

"I thought we'd finish the conversation we had long ago...", he says blatantly.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Nichkhun-sshi," I scoff and try to push him away, "you're drunk."

He scrutinises every inches of my face, his lips titled up with a vicious smile which expresses the alter side of his character that I've never seen before.

"Do you think it's easy to forget how you exposed my failed relationship in front of everyone there?" I squeeze my eyes shut as he whispers, placing his lips near my ear.

This is bad.
And I need to get out of here.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." I beg him to trust me, "I got angry cause I was constantly being insulted. I ended up doing that to prove a point. Please forgive me. "


He tries to reply but pauses for a moment, probably considering to accept my apology. I wait for his hands to let go of me, so that I can breathe properly.

Thank god I've handled the situation. I try to look away to find someone in that deserted corner of the room, but his hands rest on my neck below, restricting myself from doing that.

"I'm sorry for what happened with you, trust me, I actually am." He doesn't speak so I try to console him, without realising how my words can hurt him all over again.

"You are?" he simply laughs at my pathetic condolence as I can see the hatred appearing on his face, once again, "I heard you've got into pledis a few months ago. Is it because of your impressive voodoo charm? Or you found another way to satisfy the CEO?"

I feel sick, so sick and disgusted that I wanna punch him on that handsome face and get out of this place at once.

"Shut up, for god's sake please shut up, you're drunk." I push and writhe in his grasp but he slams me again against the wall. I pray for someone to help me to get out of here, as soon as possible.

I try to control my tears from falling down, what did I do to deserve all this thing?

"Okay, let's make a deal here," his eyes darken with lust, "a famous handsome celebrity is standing in front of you, giving you the opportunity to kiss him on the lips, would you rather take that deal to get away off me right now?"

OH MY GOD.

SOMEONE HELP ME. PLEASE.

I open my mouth to scream for help, but not a single word comes out. instead, I let out a moan, and try my best to push him away. He's heavier and stronger than me, let alone considering the fact that he's drunk.

"Nichkhun-sshi," tears rolling down my cheeks, "please don't hurt me, I'm sorry for everything that has happened. I know you'll regret doing this to me when you're sober."

" that ," he bursts out in anger, "Isn't it what you wanted, to let everyone know that what a loser I am, by telling them that she broke up with me?"

"You're misunderstanding me," I try to explain, which comes out more like begging to let go off me, "Please don't hurt me."

"I'm not gonna hurt you babe, trust me. You can finish all this just by a passionate kiss that we're both gonna enjoy."

He averts his gaze on my lips and just then my mind gets empty, knowing fully well that I'm about to lose my first kiss to someone who I'm not in love with, who is drunk and particularly hates me.

What can be scarier than that?

My whole body shivers as I could feel his alchohol breath. There's no escape from it, still I try to get him off me with every ounce of the energy left in my body, but in vain.

Suddenly the fantasies that I had about first kiss, rushes to my mind. It hurts, it hurts so much to think about that right now. In any moment, I'll be kissed by a drunk guy, who would probably forget about all this by tomorrow. Who would never realise how precious a first kiss can be for a 20 years old girl.

I gave up all hopes as my visions get blurry.

[Song #1]

"Minhee, is that you?"


I hear that voice and it doesn't take much time to realise who that is.

Wonwoo is standing behind him, his eyes glaring at us.

He's there, yes, he's always been there for me, saving my soul when I literally had no motivattion to save myself anymore. He saved me in every way a person can be saved. His presence assures me that I'm gonna be okay, but it also reminds me what a cowardly loser I am.

It takes me a while to come back to my senses, I realise that Nichkhun's filthy hands are not roaming across my body anymore. He's now facing Wonwoo, yet he looks he's about to pass out.

"Hyung," Wonwoo tries to control his anger, "I have an urgent job with her, please give us a moment."

He doesn't wait a second after that, without giving Nichkhun a chance to respond, he's got me by the wrist and I'm being dragged away by him across a crowded room. I pull myself together to come up an explanation about what he's just seen right now.

He probably thinks I'm a .

He stops in front of a room, which seems unoccupied. I wanna thank him so bad but I'm sure he doesn't feel like talking to someone like me right now. He probably hates me, doesn't he?

I turn my back to him and try to walk through the entrance of the room but then I realise that my hands are still interlocked with his and he doesn't let go of it. I look at him, knowing that he's probably expecting an explanation from me right now.

"Wonwoo, I... I", I stutter as I don't know how to explain myself and his gazes are set to mine, he doesn't look angry, but his eyes are lonesome. The glint he has reveals a warmth for myself, he doesn't hide it as I try to examine his facial expression. I can see the worries for me written all over his face.

"I heard everything there," he whispers, "you don't have to explain anything to me."

That's it, I can't control my emotions anymore. I burst into tears. In a split second, wonwoo has his arms around me and I clutch his shoulders and cry into his shirt. He pats on my shoulder, trying to calm me down but all can think about now is what would've happened if he didn't save me at the right moment.

"Please, don't cry Minhee, please." His voice is so gentle as he genuinely cares about me and that makes me cry even harder.

What did I deserve to get such an amazing friend?

"Thank you.. Thank you so much Wonwoo.. I don't know what would've happened if you weren't there." I sniffle and he pulls me even tighter, his eyes never leave mine.

"Sshhh, it's okay. Look I'm here. And I'll always be here, okay?" he whispers, "Come on, stop crying like a little baby. Nothing's happened. I'm here..."

And it takes me about half an hour to calm my nerves down and get over what's happened. Wonwoo keeps rambling about how Nichkhun wouldn't have done that if he was sober and how I should take more care of myself and all that.

It's sooo embarrassing that I cried in his arms like I'm a toddler but how can you not cry when you face something like that for the first time?

No sooner have I quickly got myself out of his embrace, than we fall into an awkward silence.

"Here's your pen drive," I say as I try to wear off the awkwardness between us.

"I don't know if I should apologise or thank you for bearing this trouble because of us." His words put my heart at ease.

"Hey, no worries. You've done a lot for me anyways." I try to sound casual, "Okay, I should get going now. It's so late already."

His face gets tensed, "Oh yes I forgot about that, but I can't let you go alone in the middle of the night. Let me get our manager, he'll drive you home."

I'm just about to protest against his proposal but he cuts me off, "It's gonna be safer if you wait inside of the room. This party is full of drunk celebrities and I'm sure you wouldn't want to get involved with them."

I laugh awkwardly.

This is so embarrassing, ugh.


He heads towards the dance floor to find the manager, while I'm standing alone in front of the rooms. Most of the rooms are occupied but I'm glad I've found one without drunk celebs roaming around.

[Song #2]

I slowly open the door and walk in. The room is spacious and the dim lights don't seem to be useful much as I couldn't see around properly. I walk towards the couch to sit but then an inaudible moan draws my attention.

I avert my gaze quickly at the direction.

Whoa, a couple is there, probably a few inches away from me, I can't clearly see them but the guy is standing there, his back facing me and the girl is nuzzling on his neck.

They're probably making out.

Well, this is awkward. I feel kinda weird because they have no idea that there's another person in the room and plus I'm not used to observing this way of showing affection to each other.

The moment I decide to get out of the room, I hear the girl mumbling something under her breath. I don't know why but I can't help myself to look at them which I know is pretty low of me.

He half hugs her and goes, "Hey, can you hold onto it for a second?"

And it doesn't take me a while to figure out who's voice it is.

It's him. Oh my god.

It's Mingyu.

I try to think straight but I don't know what to feel anymore.

He's making out with someone in an isolated room in the middle of a party.

WOW!

I'm stunned.

She makes some weird sound which probably means no, making him freak out, "Okay, okay. I'll take care of it."

What are they talking about? Oh my god.

He carries her to the couch, without even realising that I'm standing there in front of the entrance, her hands around his neck and god knows what's gonna happen after that.

I keep praying to god that it's all a misunderstanding. Mingyu is a really great flirt but I know him, he's not gonna do something like that. He can't do that, I know, trust me.

Apparently, he puts her down but she doesn't move, and I don't know why he takes his cellphone out of his pocket and checks something. The light of the screen flashes on his face and to my horror, I see all my doubts turn into reality.

It's Kim Mingyu.

The person who's a great flirt, the person who's made my life a living hell but I still like it, the person who acts all manly and tough but I know he's a little kid inside.

But seems like I don't know him at all, I've had a misconception about him all the damn time. I scrunch my face in disgust. Anger, once again, surges through me and I wish I could take it all away.

Who am I to feel like that about him?

Of course I'm not jealous, it's not like he's my boyfriend or anything, he doesn't even like me at all. But still my vision blurs with tears and my heart aches. The way he carried her indicates that much more worse is gonna happen in that room. I need to get out of here as soon as possible.

Suddenly my mind conjures up images of him, making out with many other faceless girls out there.

Why am I feeling like that? My entire body is shaking violently. I don't probably hate him, but I lost all the respect I had for him. That's it.

I can't take it anymore as he leans towards her, I slowly get out of the room as soon as possible.

Coming to this party is undoubtedly the worst decision that I've ever made.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************


[10 minutes later, outside of the entrance of Club Arena]

[Song #3]

Jaehyung's POV:

It's been nearly an hour.

And I've been waiting for her in the car, although I've got like 362784 missed calls from the members. It's really unsocial of me to be like that, I know. But seems like it can't be helped.

I need to talk to her; not because I expect her to trust me by giving me another shot, it's because I don't have to keep it all to myself anymore. I'm sick of this feeling. There's no particular reason but I don't want her to believe that I used her to get a bloody information.

It's really obvious that she came without an invitation. I'm sure there must've been an urgent necessity, but she isn't supposed to take so much time inside.

Is everything okay?

My phone beeps, signalling the arrival of a text message which wards all my thoughts away.
It's Brian.

Hyung, JYP seonsaengnim is looking for you, I fed him with my excuses till now but seems like it's getting out of my control. Please come as soon as you get this text.

I check out the time. It's 11.24 right now.

Oh crap.

It's been so long and I'm definitely sure JYP is gonna be furious the moment he gets to know that I came out of the party which is supposedly meant for our debut. Should I just go inside and find her to talk about all the misunderstanding? I don't think I'll be able to convince her in a crowded place like that.

She probably wouldn't even want to see my face anymore.
Well, she has the right to feel like that.

I get out of the car, doodling around in the streets while hesitating if I should go inside or not. That's when I see her coming out of the entrance.

But she seems unusual. Something bad has happened in there. My mouth gets dry as I see her walk past me, totally ignoring my entire existence.
I guess I deserved that.

"MINHEE", I scream, I can't let this happen again.

She stops for a moment, but doesn't look back. Before she can start walking again, I grab her by her arms, and pull her towards me.

Wrong move, I know.

Her tearful eyes get revealed to me as soon as she turns back and I can clearly see the pain in there. Who on the damn earth would hurt someone so amazing like her?

I try to smile but I'm pretty sure it came across as a grimace. My heart soars and skips a beat as her face scrunches in disgust as she finally recognises me. Am I too horrible person to be looked at?

"LET GO OF MY ARMS", she shrieks, her nostrils flaring, "DO NOT DARE TO TOUCH ME."

She's definitely not okay.

She pushes me away, trying to swat off my hand from her arm, but I don't give into her attempt.

"Hey, are you okay?", I block her way, "Listen, you don't have to talk to me, okay? Just calm down."

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" she glares at me, "I was stupid enough to trust you once, I'm not going to make that wrong decision again."

Ouch, that hurts.

She takes me to be a traitor? How could she just say that? Ugh why do I care for someone who hates me so much! Should I just let go off her and end this right here?

My heart keeps telling me no. After the day we met, she's the one I've been thinking about all the time. I like her, yes, I won't deny the fact. I've liked her from the moment I laid my eyes on her, but it's not necessary that she has to think the same way. I'm just a stranger to her, I try to console myself.

Who am I kidding though? I never expected her to be nice to me, I know how it feels to be used by someone, but this is just a misunderstanding that she needs to know about. I deserve a last chance, right?

I look into her eyes, and I forget about all these stuff I was planning. She's in pain and she needs me. I don't care if she hates me but I can't just let her endure all of this alone.

"I'm so sorry Minhee, I really mean it. I'm sorry for all the misunderstanding that I created, please give me one last chance to even explain myself," I say sheepishly.

"Please, stop it. I just need to get out of here. Please let me go." her voice cracks in pain.

That's what I wanted to hear.

"Let me take you out of here," I beg wholeheartedly, "I promise I won't talk about anything to you. At least give me that chance to show you how sorry I am."

Surprisingly, it works. She neither howlers nor nods at me. But I take that as a yes. And before she changes her mind, I get her in the car to find a place far away from anyone to reach us. We desperately need that privacy.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[Song #4]

Minhee's POV:

We're sitting on a bench near the Han river and the wide space between us has been reducing as time passes by. He isn't asking me to tell him what happened, he keeps asking me if I am okay and I couldn't be more grateful to him for giving me personal space and understanding my feelings. He's not that bad after all.

"Okay, tell me whatever you wanted to say there," I say,leering at his face.
He gets startled, and the trademarked grin appears on his face which is more likely to indicate how grateful he is to me.

Why does he care for me so much?

He brings up the past, the painful past that I would rather not talk about. I wanna block this memory forever and move on. But there must be a reason behind this.

I'm dumbstruck and shocked as I listen to everything that he says. He doesn't look angry or moody, yet he explains to me everything as if he's the one who's wronged me. I've misunderstood him for the whole time, I can't believe I'm such a mean person and I'm stupid enough to question his sincerity.

"I'm sorry for everything, okay?" he says as if a huge load has got down from his chest, "It's my fault that i didn't make everything clear."

"Jae, I-I.." I stutter as I can't express how much sorry and ashamed I am.

But he cuts me off, "Yes, I know how you feel, I don't really blame you for acting like that."

"But it's not your fau-"

"It is my fault. I didn't mention that I was supposed to debut soon and technically, I lied. One lie is enough to question all the truth."

I get pissed as he doesn't even give me a chance to apologise. Before he could say anything, I grab his arms and turn his face to mine.

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?" I literally scream, "I didn't know that you guys are not an idol group but a band. I'm sorry that I behaved so rudely with you. I mean it, I swear."

He immediately becomes somber as we both realise I'm holding his arms as tightly as I can and I kick myself for feeling bad about it.

Well, this is awkward.

I get my hands off him and start rambling to wear off the awkwardness between us.

"I suppose you've forgiven me," he says finally.
"There's nothing to forgive for," quickly chasing away the nervousness that always seems to be surrounding me, I put a small smile in my face.

"So we're friends, right?" he says as he claps his hands enthusiastically and I nod, with a grin.

"No wait, let's just start from the beginning," he whispers as he comes closer to me, making my heart skip a beat.

"Hey, I'm Park Jaehyung from DAY6, nice to meet you," he smiles confidently. He's so cute omg.

"Hello, I'm Park Minhee, nice to meet you Jae," I say awkwardly, keeping pace with his childish behaviour.

He laughs out loud. Oh and did I ever mention how amazingly cute he looks when he smiles?

"Can we just exchange cellphone numbers in case I need to talk to you?" He winks at me, but then acts all serious again, "Oh wait, someone has blocked my number already!"

Holy .

"Is this the reason why you were following me even to this party?", I try to wipe that victorious smile off his face.
"Errm I was desperate to talk to you, I admit that. but I wasn't following you," sarcasm was dripping from his voice as he looks triumphant, "The party is for congratulating us on our debut by the way."

That's how he keeps mocking me for the rest of the time we're together.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sometimes you meet a person and you just click- you're comfortable with them and you don't have to pretend to be anyone or anything. I'm sitting next to the person right now and I'm amazed at the fact that how hatred towards someone can change so drastically.

Today was a shocking day, indeed.

We have to get back to the club because Jaehyung got a call from the CEO himself for not being present in the party. He looks really worried, I'm sure he's about to face some serious after some time, I laugh in my head.

"Why were you out of the club anyways?" I ask with barely hidden amusement, "You're supposed to be inside, meeting new people."

"I saw you entering the club, and I wanted to clear the misunderstanding between us."

Time and time again, he shows how much he cares for me, I let out a sigh.

[Song #5 on repeat]

We reach our destination within minutes. We both get out of the car, bidding each other good byes as I accompany him towards the entrance. I'm glad that we finally got over everything and I'm sure the members of Seventeen are gonna be happy to learn that Jae is not a threat to them, neither is DAY6.

He gives me a final smile and walks in, I'm about to turn back and thats when I see him... with Wonwoo... in front of the main gate.

And glaring at me, his arms crossed against his chest.

He looks angry, and deceived.

"What the hell are you doing with him?" Mingyu says blatantly, clenching his jaw and his gazes scaring the out of me, "Where did you go? I've been looking for you everywhere."

Looking for me, my .

Yeah right, sure you did if you had enough time after the girl's whole body.


"That's none of your business," I protest.

"What did you say?"

I flinch at his words but nevertheless repeat what I said.

"What the hell?" he shouts, this time it's louder than ever, "You're still seeing this traitor and you expect me to not talk about it?"
"Don't call him that ever again," my voice being cold, "Be careful when you talk about someone. Especially someone like him, he's not the person that you think he is... And don't act like you care about me after treating me like a scum for 24/7."

I can sense Wonwoo's body tensing up behind Mingyu.

"Come on man, let's just drop this," Wonwoo tries to handle the situation.

"Hold on a second," Mingyu indirectly tells him to shut up and drops his gaze to mine, "I don't give a if you date tons of boys out there, but try to respect Seventeen's privacy from now on."

That's it, I just can't take it anymore. I'm ready to explode.

"Oh yeah, says me the person who was the life out of a random girl in an isolated room of a club, interesting much, don't you think?" I hiss at him.

Wonwoo tries to cut me off but Mingyu's gaze signals him to stop.

I continue till I'm at loss of words, "You're probably the most pathetic erted person I've ever seen. I thought you just flirt with others for fun, but you're no different from a filthy playboy. Your entire existence disgusts me, you know. So stop commenting on my love life and be happy to sleep around with as many girls as you can, I don't give a damn about it."

Yes, I feel relieved, so relieved to finally get the anger out of me. He deserved it, right? Let's see how he protests against that.

His eyes are lost as he doesn't know how to respond to that. He looks too shellshocked to even move an eyelid.

"Glad to know how you think of me," he finally turns back and enters the club without a single word slipping out of his mouth.

Whoa, that's not what I expected to happen. This is not how Kim Mingyu would respond.

But I was right, he needs to know the bitter truth, and I'm glad that I'm the one to let him know.

"Where did you go? We were looking for you everywhere. You should've just called us back you know. Mingyu was about to go to your house to check if you're okay." Wonwoo says, still wearing that tensed look on his face.

I tell him exactly what happened after he left me in that room. He doesn't interfere till I finish the whole story.

"Please let everyone know about the misunderstanding, okay?" I request him, knowing that he would never disappoint me.

"Don't worry about that, I will." He replies, "Take the car to get back home, the manager's waiting."

But somehow he looks sad, and kind of disappointed in me. Did I do anything wrong today? I try to wipe off the thought and turn back to head towards the parking lot.

"Minhee?" It comes out as a whisper but I don't spend too much time to turn back.

"The thing is," he hesitates, "Mingyu wasn't hitting on that girl in the club room. She was Lizzy noona from After School, and I guess you know she's more like a sister to us."

Oh my god.
My heart beat literally stops for a while. What is he talking about?

"She called me first for help as she wasn't feeling well after getting drunk. I texted Mingyu to take care of it because I bumped into Nichkhun hyung and you."

OH.MY.FREAKING.GOD.

I'm such a loser omg how could I say those things to him. I feel like crying, I hurt him soo much today.

I wish I could take all this back.

Wonwoo's eyebrows shoot up and he sighs before pinching the bridge of his nose, "You were right earlier, we don't have the right to badmouth people. I hope you'll be careful when you talk about someone. Especially someone like him, he's not the person that you think he is."

This is the exact same sentence I used to defend Jaehyung from Mingyu.

Wonwoo's so calm but I've never seen him getting so angry. What can I expect though? I hurt him by insulting his best friend, he has the right to be angry.

"I'm so sorry, Wonwoo", my hands cover my mouth as I shudder at the situation that I've created.

"Don't apologise to me. Apologise to him who's the most hurt right now." Wonwoo walks in the club, leaving me behind.

WHY DO I HAVE TO MESS EVERYTHING UP EVERY SINGLE TIME??

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************


7 september, 2015
[3.15 am]

Author's POV:


Coming back from the party, Minhee has been calling Mingyu nonstop and it's her 319th time calling him tonight. But as expected, he doesn't pick up the call, or ignore it. Minhee would do anything right now to fix all the problems that she's created.

She doesn't care if she's being melodramatic, Mingyu deserves an apology today. After what she has done...

Finally he picks up the phone on her 516th attempt, she jumps out of bed and waits for him to say something.

But he doesn't speak. And she doesn't know how to apologise. It's painful enough for her to put them into words.

"I'm sorry Mingyu, please forgive me."

Silence.

"I didn't know what happened. I'm sorry. please say something. Please.."

Still no words.

"I won't be able to sleep tonight. Say something please. Yell at me as much as you want..."

Finally he speaks up,

"Don't ever call a pathetic erted filthy playboy like me again." And he hangs up...

After that day, he starts ignoring her whole existence.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************NCT teaser