Chapter 4

Uncertainty [SEVENTEEN X DAY6]

September 4, 2015.

Minhee's POV:

"Doro wie yeogin runway, nal baraboneun nun sok milky way, just love me right aha! Baby love me right!"

The alarm clock is too loud, yet enjoyable as it feels amazing to wake up by bae's voice. What's wrong with fantasising about bae waking me up in the morning while cuddling with me? I hug the pillow tightly while thinking about Park Chanyeol, the rapper of Exo and my permanent bias for like 8 months. I've fallen in love with every members of the band but not for such a long time, Chanyeol broke all the record, beating Kris and leaving him behind in the 2nd place with 6 months.

Well, I kinda feel bad for Chanyeol cause I haven't been the loyal fan from the beginning. But is it my fault that all of them are talented and irresistible as ?

I snooze the alarm clock, just to think about how amazing almighty Chanyeol is, and obviously what I'm gonna do if I accidentally bump into him in the streets someday by chance. I ain't that lucky though. It's like.....impossible to happen

Wait, would it be possible if I just wait in front of SM building? No, that would seem awkward and I don't wanna be marked as a saesang by the love of my life. CAN GOD JUST MAKE ME MEET CHANYEOL'S DOPPLE GANGER INSTEAD?!!? Or any other member's?! I hardly meet any good looking guys these days.

Hold on, that was a pure lie. 

I meet 13 handsome boys nearly everyday, spend the whole day with them. From the  moment they start practicing, till the moment they head back towards their dorm. I've been through their debut and everything, observed how much sweat and dedication they had to spend to achieve all this. 

But surprisingly, rather than thinking them as celebrities, they're like friends to me. Maybe because I've started to be a trainee from last month and hopefully  will become a celebrity in near future.

I'm hundred percent sure of how S.Coups has asked the members to be kind and helpful to me, no wonder why he's chosen as the responsible leader. He does care for me though. Once I couldn't go to work because of headache and fever, he, along with the members, came to my house to check on me. And obviously I can never forget about the pink tulips he bought for me as  "get well soon present".

HOW CUTE! 

Since then, pink tulip has officially become my favourite flower. 

Well, everyone came except from Mingyu, of course. He didn't  come because he didn't wanna waste his time on someone as useless as me and of course he couldn't miss his date with that hot girl next door. That's what I heard from Dino after some days.

As if I care... 

He's such a bothersome blockheaded donkey but he's not been THAT irritating after the first day. He's still that flirty jerk and obviously annoys the hell out of me with his nonsense ty words, but it's not so unbearable as I first thought it to be. 

My head starts to ache thinking about that numbskull, I switch my thoughts to my routine. I'm currently taking singing lessons and the teacher is so strict like he can make the trainees cry within minutes with just a single word. Of course, Jihyeon, the crybaby of the group suffers the most in that case. Thank god I'm not so naive otherwise it'd be a huge embarrassment every single day.

"Pick up the phone, baby... I miss you so much...mmwwaaahh...." Mingyu's whisper with an evil grin blares out as my phone starts to ring suddenly. 

What was that?

I pick up the call without giving it another chance to ring. I don't want mum to hear that and suspect me for something that I have nothing to do with.

"What the hell was that?" I shout as loudly as I can.

"Well well well, that's not how you greet a handsome celebrity, honey." Mingyu's voice sounds playful from the other side as he continues, "Do you have any idea how many girls would go crazy just to hear my voice?"

"Do I seem to care about that ?" I reply, being annoyed, "Listen to me while I'm asking you nicely. Don't pull such low quality pranks cause I could've  been sleeping right now and what if mum was in my room? She would've taken it in a wrong way."

Mingyu giggles proudly, "Don't worry babe, I customised it only for my phone calls. And I'm sure your mum would be proud if she finds out that you're so close with a hot guy like me. That's probably the only thing you've done to be proud of in your entire life."

"You wish!" I growl over the phone, "Don't you ever dare to do that otherwise I'll kick your ."

"You're hotter when you're angry, you know that?"

THIS BOY! UGHHHHH 

I open my mouth to protest but just then I hear another voice, 

"Sorry Minhee, it's S.Coups speaking. I knew that Mingyu would piss you off in the morning with all his nonsense, I should've never asked him to call you on behalf of me.", he explains.

HOW.....FREAKING.....CUTE! *_*

"No it's okay, but why did you guys call me early in the morning?" I ask, trying to cover my excitement to the fullest, still I can listen to Mingyu's shouting at the background, "Hyung, you can't just snatch away my phone from me like that just because I'm younger than you."

HA! He deserves it!

S.Coups says something to him in return that I can't really understand because I'm busy putting myself together for replying something decent to him. I just can't be nervous while talking to him...Gosh!

"Minhee, as you know that we're making a comeback on the 10th, we have some stuff to complete as soon as possible, that's why we need urgent help from you. I've talked to your teacher and he agreed to let you help us till the first broadcast. Can you meet me here at 10 am?" He says hurriedly.

"Yes sure. I'll be there at 10 sharp."

"Thank you so much. I'm waiting for you."

I'm so glad that he can't see me now cause I don't want him to see me blushing like that. They need my help, he needs my help. Damn!

"Hyung, give me a chance to say goodbye", I can hear Mingyu's voice but just then the phone gets disconnected.

Poor Mingyu! I laugh in my mind.

Okay, so he's asked me to get there by 10. What's the time now?

I look at the phone.

It's 9:45 am.

Wait? 9:45?!? WHAAAAT?

OH MY GOD!! I'm late already. It takes 30 minutes to reach there and I only have 15 minutes left, moreover I have to get ready first.
I jump out of the bed, rushing towards the bathroom. I have to get ready within 10 minutes. I can't be late by more than 30 minutes today. Ugh why does it have to happen today! That Mingyu wasted so much time talking ...ugh

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[10.06 am]

I check my watch as I take a subway seat. I'm 6 minutes late already, although I haven't even started yet. Maybe it's not a huge problem, but I've been punctual always and it's a huge matter for me, just not because S.Coups asked me to meet him, I swear. I hate being late cause I don't want others to take me as an irresponsible person.

Suddenly my phone beeps. I check my text message, 

It's from Mingyu ~

Listen,as you know how much you irritate me, I didn't wanna talk to you that's why I gave my phone to Coups hyung earlier...

Didn't wanna talk to me?? My .

I roll my eyes as I start reading the rest of the text -

Anyways, it'd be great if you reach here as soon as possible, it's not like we need you desperately or anything, I just don't wanna make hyung angry. Coups hyung doesn't like unpunctual people, you know 😜

Is he freaking serious?!? I feel my heart beating faster because of nervousness. I wish I could just leave everything and fly there ugh.

Again, I can't really trust Kim Mingyu, his words aren't reliable anyways.
 

"Mind if I take this seat?" 

A tall well-dressed guy with a pair of glasses asks me with a cute korean accent. I wish I could see his face but he's wearing a mask right now.

"Yeah sure," even though there's a lot of space beside me, I move a little just to give him some more space. There are plenty of empty seats here but why did he choose the one just beside me!! I don't know how I'll be able to deal with awkwardness and nervousness at the same time.

"Thanks", he mutters, " Mind telling me where you're going?"

His question startles me. Why is he asking that?

"Yes, sure. Yeoksam Dong, Gangnam-Gu. What about you?" I ask.

"Same way, I'm gonna go to Chengdeom."

Cheongdeom? Why is he going there?? I don't express my curiosity and give attention to the message I got from Mingyu.

I'm on my way, will be there within 20 minutes. 

I press the send button. Why is it taking so late to reach there today!

"By any chance," he draws my attention again, "are you a celebrity?"

Lol what?? I laugh at his lame pick up line.

"No, I'm not. What makes you think that way?" I say smilingly.

"No actually you're kind of pretty and that gives me a celebrity vibe, also you said you were going to Gangnam-gu, that place is kinda famous for entertainment business. so I thought...ummm" he stutters. 

"You know exactly that your words aren't making any sense." I cut him off, "You're not good at flirting, are you?"

He protests, "I wasn't even flirting with you, okay? I was just being curious. Girls these days don't even value good behaviour." He starts to mutter to himself.

"Okay okay don't take it personally, I was just kidding." I say with a grin, "I'm Minhee, nice to meet you."

"Yeah yeah whatever, nice to meet you too." He says with perfect English pronunciation. I knew he's not from Korea from the very beginning.

"So you don't live here, do you?" I ask him in English with a curious tone. My English is not that bad, I've always wanted to use the English knowledge that I got from school. 

"Yeah you're right, I'm originally from LA, came here about 4 years ago with a dream of becoming a musician which is pretty obvious to guess." He continues with his cute half korean half english accent, "but you're smarter and maturer than I thought. Your english accent is really amazing. By any chance, are you in high school?"

"Grades don't measure intelligence and age doesn't define maturity", I say confidently.

"Wow girl hold on, don't be so serious about that. It was a compliment, by the way." He laughs awkwardly.

Without saying anything back, I laugh with him. And after that, the atmosphere gets awkward again. ugh.   I check the time, 12 minutes left to reach there, I'm surely in a big trouble today.

I start to think about the guy sitting next to me. He's pretty sensible and humorous. But it must've been hard for him for 4 years to live without his family. I start to feel bad for him all on a sudden.

"You still haven't replied to my question", he complains, "Is it really hard for you guys to trust a foreigner so much? No one seems to be interested to talk to me I don't know why!"

Oh my god why am I being so rude with him from the beginning? He has shared his personal stories with me and I'm just being stupid acting like he's a stalker.

"You mean the high school question? Sorry, I just forgot about that," I continue, " I graduated couple of months ago and I'm gonna sit for admission test for college this November. Currently, I'm doing a job."

"Oh I see, it's a part time job then. Where do you work? If it's a restaurant then I'll definitely visit there with my mates someday soon. I love exploring Korean restaurants." He smiles awkwardly.

I just face palm in my head. What am I gonna say now? I can trust him, right?

"Actually you know, the fact is, errrrm..." I start to stutter.

"It's okay if you're not comfortable enough to share that with me, let's not talk about it."

OMG HE'S SO UNDERSTANDING...... 

"No no of course I don't feel uncomfortable, actually I'm working for a boy band from Pledis entertainment and they've offered me to be a trainee, I have no idea what is happening with my life but to be honest, I'm enjoying it."

"Wow, really?" He raises an eyebrow, "So I was right! You're a soon-to-be celebrity. See, I told you?" 

I laugh awkwardly.

"By any chance," he continues again, "Are you working for Seventeen?"

My heart skips a beat. How does he know them?

"Come on, don't stare at me like that. I guess it's them cause I saw a banner of Seventeen the other day. They've debuted from Pledis and many people know them already. Don't be so surprised."

OH.. I see

"Yeah, you're right. They're working on a comeback album right now, asked me if I could help them today. I'm just heading towards the building now even though I'm late by half an hour." 

"Oh, I see," he laughs mysteriously, "How's the tittle track? I bet it's awesome."

"It is actually,the music video is so cute and cheerful and the chorus goes like ~ Mansae Mansae Mansae yeah~~" Suddenly I remember that I've started singing in front of a complete stranger. He's giggling right now.

UGH why do I have to embarrass myself like that!!

We talk about Seventeen's comeback plan for some time but that's when the train reaches Gangnam-gu.

"You're so cute minhee." He's still giggling,  "We're here already. It's been a pleasure to meet you." 

"Thanks, same here. Have a nice day," I say while getting out of the train. It's 10.27 am, I have to start running ugh.
 

"MINHEEEEEEE, LISTEEEEEEN!" I hear him calling me from behind. I turn back to look at him.

He comes to me running, "If you don't mind, can we exchange phone numbers? I don't know much about your country, is it okay with you if I ask for your help sometimes?" He gasps, trying to hide the curiosity in his eyes.

How can you not give your number to a guy like him??

"No, of course you can call me." I give him my number and assure him that I'll be always there for help.

"Thanks a lot. I'm afraid that even though I'm not gonna make you trip, but eventually you'll fall hard for me. Bye!" He winks as he waves his hands.

"You wish," I laugh at his words and bid him goodbye.

He's so cute!! I start running towards my destination but couldn't stop thinking about the conversation we had earlier. That's when I realise that I don't have any idea what his name is... 

What the actual hell!

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I gasp loudly as I open the door of the practice room.

"Wow, Minhee, you're so early today. We're almost done with the practice." Mingyu teases, sarcasm dripping from his voice. I roll my eyes and start looking for S.Coups.

There he is, talking to Woozi. I approach him the moment he looks at me, "Sorry for being late, I couldn't keep my word. I hope you're not angry with me."

He replies with a cute smile, "Of course not!"

I start my work with a relief. There are so many works to be done within tonight, got no time to waste right now.
 

[After couple of hours, in the vocal training room]

Arranging the CDs and the photo books while taking everyone's signs on them, it's Mingyu and Wonwoo's turn. Mingyu keeps irritating me by asking where and what to write. How am I supposed to know what he wants to write to his fans? Ridiculous.

"If you want my signature then you should just ask for it. Don't steal any CDs from here, they're for the fans. Okay? I'll write something hot for you if you want." Mingyu winks.

"Mingyu, can you just stop annoying her? Is this how you talk to a girl?" Wonwoo says, with a serious tone.

"Oh my God, I keep forgetting that she's a girl. Oh well, it's not my fault that she has such tiny chest", Mingyu smirks evilly. 

WHAT THE WAS THAT??

Oh My God.

I try to open my mouth to protest but my mouth gets dry and I can't hear my voice. Why would he say that in front of Wonwoo. What is he thinking of me right now?? I start to feel ashamed.

Wonwoo looks at me and then throws his glance to Mingyu, "Just for your kind info, she's not desperate to get surgeries done like your girlfriends, she's perfect just the way she is. Got that?" He growls.

"What side are you taking mate? You're my friend, not hers." Mingyu claims as Wonwoo doesn't pay him any attention. 

"Minhee, I'm going to the practice room now, I'm done with signing all the CDs." Wonwoo smiles at me.

I thank Wonwoo for a million time in my mind for defending me. Why is he being so nice to me?

I put myself together. I just can't let Mingyu insult me like that.

"Shut your bull up and finish what you're doing." I shout at him as loudly as I can.

"Messing with you is definitely worth it, you know that?" He grins, "I like observing the wild side of your character."

I ignore him completely, knowing the fact that it's worthless to talk to him, just a waste of time.

"Don't ignore me like that. It turns me on." He winks wickedly as he gets up from the chair and comes closer...with a huge smirk on this face.

"DO NOT DARE TO DO THAT KIM MINGYU OR I'LL KICK YOUR " I howl.

And that's when my phone vibrates, which is on the table where they were signing the CD. Before I could reach for it, Mingyu makes his move and grabs the phone. Fudge.

"Oh well, look how someone's getting text messages from an unknown number. New boyfriend, huh?" He winks as he clicks to check the message.

HOLY !! It's definitely from the subway guy. What if he reveals something that we've talked about this morning?? Mingyu's not gonna let me breathe after that. 

Hey, 
you still working at the building? 
This is gonna sound so stupid but I can't get your "mansae, mansae, mansae yeah" singing out of my head.. Funny right? #YourVoiceGivesMeChills #WasNotFlirtingBtw #IgnoreMyHashtagsCauseIKnowImWeird      

-JAE 

The text is fully in English. It takes him some time to read the text properly. I run towards him and grab the phone as fast as I can.

I feel a shiver tingling over my spine as I finish reading the message. I knew this was going to happen. I should've been more careful of everything. 

To my horror, the first thing that Mingyu asks me is, "Who is that guy and how does he know about everything?" I hesitate to answer at first but then he grabs my hand and drags me to the practice room where everyone was practicing for the comeback.

"What's wrong, Mingyu?" I could hear S.Coups voice, full of tension as Mingyu pushes me in front of them.

"Ask that traitor what she has done to us", he growls. I just shouldn't have told an outsider about all this. I know how wrong I am and I really feel guilty for that. Will they understand how apologetic I'm feeling right now?

I say exactly what happened in the morning, without skipping the nook and cranny. They lean their backs on their seats while listening to what I'm saying, panicked in surprise, as they outrageously turn their heads and and round their eyes on me.The room becomes silent as I finish the story and Mingyu shows them the message.

"I knew this girl would mess up everything from the beginning. But why would anyone listen to me? It's like I'm your enemy."

"Mingyu, shut up for a moment", I hear S.Coups voice, cold, yet stable. Mingyu stops blabbering right then.
I look at Wonwoo, but he takes his glances away from me. He's not gonna defend me this time. Cause I created a huge trouble for them. I just wanna cry out loud. 

"Do you know that you leaked the information to a stranger? This can cause us a huge trouble," S.Coups continues, tries his hard to sound calm, " as the person is from another entertainment."

What? What is he talking about?

"Have you seen his face?" Hoshi asks while searching for something in his phone.

"He was wearing a mask, I couldn't see his face," I reply dryly.

"Of course you wouldn't. If you had some conscience, then things would be different right now."Mingyu starts talking but Hoshi suddenly cuts him off.

"Is he the guy you're talking about?" Hoshi says as he shows me a video clip on YouTube.

Oh my god. I don't know how to react to this! This is probably the same guy that I met this morning, even though he looks younger in the video but the same features, the same voice...and perhaps the same face?

And the most interesting part is, I know him already, not because he's a trainee and I met him this morning, it's because he's supposed to debut with DAY6. I had this dream of them couple of months ago.

"He seems similar, but what's the guarantee that it's him...?" I claim, even realising the fact that I'm sounding like a stupid and my words make no sense.

"Okay," Hoshi cleares his throat, "He's Park Jaehyung, one of the top 6 contestants of K-pop Star season 2, currently signed under JYP entertainment. Plus the text that you got from him, he wrote his name as 'JAE'. He's from LA, living here for 4 years, and of course, just for the info that JYP building is situated in Chengdeom. That's where he was heading to. And he's supposed to..."

"Debut with DAY6." I reply,being devastated,  "I had a dream of them once..."

Everyone sighs. I'm that stupid, ain't I?

"You're dumb enough to tell him everything even though you know him already. How amazing!" Mingyu whispers.

But I don't react. Yes, I'm sad because I'm responsible for this mess, but I don't know why but I'm even sadder because Jae wasn't even caring for me. Did he follow me to gather those info? I reveal Seventeen's whole comeback plan to a guy from another entertainment. Do I look so naive that he could so easily manipulate me? Maybe he thinks Seventeen as rivals but he shouldn't have done all of this.

Everything was fake, wasn't it?

And no one's gonna trust me from now on.... 

"Guys, don't let anyone know about this. Especially the CEO, he's gonna create a huge scene on this basis. And let's hope that the news doesn't get leaked. What's done can't be undone, but we have to be careful from now on. Let's work hard guys, we can do it." Woozi says, acting as if it is their own fault.

And everyone agrees and acts like nothing happened.

These guys have got my back, haven't they? 

I try to hold back my tears as Wonwoo comes near me and says looking directly in my eyes, "We trust you, and always will. Don't ever forget that, okay? Let's start working hard. I'm sure you'll be careful from now on."

And that's the moment when I make a promise of protecting their trust till my last breath.

"Minhee, come here quickly I can't find my cellphone ugh", Hoshi shouts and I rush towards him.

I know exactly how hard it is to trust someone for the second time around after they already give you one reason not to trust them. That's why I have to make myself trustworthy again with my actions.

I'll be able to do it, right?

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
 

[JYP building, 9.15 pm]

Author's POV:
 

"Why do you keep checking your phone, hyung?" Wonpil asks, winking at Jaehyung, "Maybe she didn't get the text, just call her instead."

"Yeah you're right, let me just call her. But what am I gonna say?" Jaehyung hesitates.

"You do like her, don't you? I was just kidding about the call. But seems like you can't live without listening to her voice. How romantic!"

"Mate, cut all this bull. We just met today and no way Park Jaehyung would start liking a girl so easily. Got no time for cooties. It's just....I'm worried you know!" he insists.

"Yeah right, whatever!" Wonpil rolls his eyes.

"Tell her that you were just wondering if you got the right number, cause she hasn't replied to you and it's been almost 5 hours. This scenario is kind of believable and logical." Brian smiles at his excellent idea.

After half an hour of imagining how the conversation would go and what the consequences would be, Jaehyung gathers his courage and calls Minhee.

The moment when you call someone you've never called before, and while the phone is ringing, your heartbeat gets faster. That's exactly how he's feeling right now.

"The number you've dialled is currently unreachable, please...." 

"She turned off the phone." sighs Jaehyung.

"I knew that would happen," mutters Sungjin, "You have no idea, do you? Minhee must've figured out about you after you sent the text. And she's probably thinking you used her as a information exchange strategy to know about Seventeen's comeback plan. And trust me when I say that, she can feel deceived enough to block your number. Do you understand what I'm saying, hyung?"

!

Minhee doesn't even know that they're not a boy group. How is he supposed to make her understand that DAY6 is a band and they're not going to get into this rivalry just to prove themselves better than other bands, they're just gonna make music.

"She hates me now, doesn't she?"

For the first time in their life, the members witness their hyung to get upset because of a girl...

This girl sounds pretty interesting... 

And hyung hates being ignored... 

This is gonna be very interesting...... 

A/N:

Yo guys! 

Jaehyung aka hashtag magician finally met Minhee!  JaeHee Yayyyy XD 

Oh there's a question for you guys, what's gonna be ship name of  Mingyu and Minhee? I'm confused LOL :P 

I wanna know if there are any WonHee shippers out there! ;) 

Don't forget to vote comment and share! 

Enjoy xx