Chapter 5

Uncertainty [SEVENTEEN X DAY6]

  

September 6, 2015.

Minhee's POV:

 

"Good morning, Teacher!"

All of the trainees stand up and bow to Mr Kanghae, the vocal teacher of Pledis entertainment as he enters the room with a flat expressionless face. Walking straight towards the chair, he takes his seat, without looking at the students; that's how he is.


Today's the monthly vocal evaluation test where everyone has prepared for something to please him but it's not like they have any other choice. Not only me, even the other trainees find Mr Kanghae really intimidating to the point that they would happily practice other lessons all day long just to escape from a half an hour vocal training class.

He's just that terrifying...

Today's probably the first time in the history when a trainee came to an evaluation test of Mr Kanghae without any basic preparation, I shrug at the thought and try to get myself ready for the upcoming insults and blasphemy that I'm gonna remember for the rest of my trainee life. I've never been good at singing, he doesn't like me that much anyways.

Well, it's not like I intentionally caused all of this, I already knew about this test for a long time but I've been running like crazy for the last three days, moreover I even had to stay at the building cause it was nearly midnight when I was done with the comeback preparation of Seventeen. 

Didn't S.Coups say the other day that Mr Kanghae gave me the permission to work for them till the first broadcast? I skipped couple of classes as well, he never said anything to me. Does that allowance include this test as well?

I already know that it doesn't matter how much I pray that to happen or come up with some amazing emotional excuses like "My mum was ill, I had to take care of her" or "I just had an appendicitis operation" (it's not like he'll ask me to bring the prescription or show him the operation scars). Apparently, nothing's gonna work.

It has never worked in his case.

He calls out the names one by one and asks them to perform what they've prepared for the day. Most of their songs are satisfactory as he dangles his had softly with the rhythm. 

"Park Minhee, come out."

My heart pounds like a drum as I hear my name. Suddenly my mouth becomes dry as I feel a shiver tingling over my spine. I somehow manage to stand up and drag myself in front of his chair. 

Looking at his cold eyes, I decide that I'm gonna state the truth as I have no option left. I mentally get ready for the terrible consequences I know which is going to happen.

"Sir", I murmured, "I'm extremely sorry, I couldn't prepare for today's test..."

It's not the glare that he's giving bothering me, but the sudden pin drop silence of the curious students who are currently looking at me as if I'm a weird species from another planet.

God please help me!!! I promise I'll be nice to everyone from now on!!!

 I start to pray in my mind... 

"I suppose you were working for Seventeen for the past few days," he continues in a serious tone, "I really admire their hard work. When S.Coups asked me for your assistance, I couldn't just reject his request. Anyways, that doesn't mean that you can get away with skipping the exam. I'll be in my office tomorrow evening. Prepare well. It's time to not only work for others, but for yourself. You understand that, right?"


It takes me some time to realise that he isn't attacking me with all his hurtful comments. And I nod my head as soon as my brain is done with functioning his words.

I thank god for a million time for saving me as Mr Kanghae tells me to take my seat. I can't concentrate on the class after that as I suddenly start to feel guilty for everything that has happened. 


I just can't run away from training by showing excuses of my part time job. It isn't supposed to be like this.

I sigh at my own thoughts. It's indeed not easy to become an idol. 


After a long tiring hour, the teacher dismisses the class and I get up from the seat to reach the locker to get my stuff. That's when I hear Jihyeon's voice, whispering to her minions without noticing that I'm just like couples of inches away from them.

"Don't you think she gets away with everything so easily? Like how does she call herself a singer?? Can she actually sing? What the hell!"

Someone else  replies, probably Boyoung, "Yeah man, have you noticed how easily she got away with Mr Kanghae? He would tear our heads off with his words if we were in her place."

"Hmmm, I was thinking about that too. I really wonder how she got into this entertainment. Something's definitely fishy here. But she's not the type to seduce men to achieve her goals. Well, I can't really trust her in this matter." Jihyeon shrieks, "I don't like the way how she's always glued up with Seventeen. Like she needs to get some shame before debuting with us. Ugh what to do with that , I'm going crazy."

"Don't worry, she's not gonna snatch your Mingyu away from you." teases Boyoung.

"Huh, don't forget how much Mingyu oppa hates her. She'll not be able to do that. My Mingyu oppa is way too hot for that ."

I don't get mad or sad at them, it's not like I'm listening to it for the first time. I'm like the best gossip they can ever get. If they can release their stress by talking about me, I just don't wanna seize their happiness away. I'm too cool for that, ain't I? 

Basically I walk towards them, act like I haven't really heard any of their conversations and slide the key into the locker hole and it creaks open.

They stop whispering the second I open my locker, but still beckoning to each other with their eyes with the fear of their conversation being overheard.

After getting the stuff I needed, I lock it again and smile innocently at them. 

"Minheeeeeee, I've been looking for you for a long time, let's go to the practice room together." Jihyeon grabs my arm with a huge grin in her face, acting all BFF with me while leaving her actual friends behind.

It's hilarious how she's nice to my face, yet talks about me behind my back but it's downright comical that she thinks I'm unaware.

To be honest, I think Mingyu is far better than most of the people. He genuinely doesn't like me, I can happily accept that. I literally respect the fact that he's not fake about it. I don't really have problems with those who don't like me, but I have problems with those who pretend to.

Just like what Jaehyung did the other day...

Sigh.

Anyways, back to the drama. 

I know exactly why Jihyeon pretends to care for me. Firstly, she's aware of the fact that I'm older than all of them, I know most of the staffs and trainers in the building, not to mention that the CEO and the assistant CEO knows me personally(of course the girls don't know that they are only interested in me because of my ability). So, there's a huge possibility that they'd make me the leader of the group if I debut with them.

Secondly, and most importantly, she really likes Mingyu. She tried her best to draw his attention with her dark make up and provocative look by wearing revealing clothes, but as everyone knows, the only thing mingyu  can do is flirting. he just flirts with everyone he meets but forgets about them as soon as he blinks his eyes. She really wants me to talk to Mingyu about her, well she has never said that to me directly but I'm not that dumb either.

Dealing with this fakeness for a really long time, to tell the truth, fake people don't surprise me these days, but genuine people do.


******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[Five hours later, in the practice room]

 

"Let's just take a break", Jihyeon gasps, "the choreography is too tiring."

We are currently practicing the dance cover of Seventeen's "Adore U". It's been hours and everyone's exhausted right now. It requires so much energy ugh.

I grab the water bottle from the table, but before I can open the lid, I hear a knock on the door.

"Minhee, can you come to Seventeen's practice room as soon as possible? Hoshi is calling you. He said it's really urgent." The staff says hurriedly.

Without wasting a moment, i rush there, wondering what the 'urgent' thing could be.

I open the door of the room, completely forgetting about the courtesy of knocking the door first. 

and BAM!

Kim Mingyu is standing there... 


SHIRTLESS... 


Holy !

I try my best not to look at him but I can already sense the smirk on his face. He doesn't move or try to cover his bare chest, seems like his having fun torturing me like this.

I can't help myself looking at his perfect body. He's not too muscular but damn, I can't deny the fact that he's looking really very attractive with his royal blue hair. 

Has he always been this good-looking?

How come I've never noticed that earlier?

"Are you done with checking me out? The chemistry between us is getting too much these days, don't you think?" Mingyu says, still having that smirk on his face, "I would really love to show you more but I'm running out of time right now."

I completely ignore his wink and lie to his face, "Can you please wear that damn shirt and let my eyes rest in peace?"

You blessed my eyes Kim Mingyu ~ I think in my head.


He chuckles. Still looking y as . 

OMG!

what the hell am I thinking?? UGHHHHH

I face-palm in my head and walk past him to find Hoshi. I really want to meet S.Coups today but seems like the members are going somewhere now. Everyone's busy getting ready as they didn't even notice me in the room. And all of them are wearing fancy clothes as if they're about to hit the craziest party of the town tonight.

"Hoshiiiii," i find him finally, "Did you call me?"

"Minhee, thank god you're here. I want you to do me a favour." he says while showing me a pen drive. "Our dancing mentor was supposed to come yesterday but she texted me that she couldn't come because of some personal issues, I want you to give her this right now. She'll be at her room in any minute. Be careful, okay? Our choreography of the new songs for the showcase are recorded here."

"But I daresay you shouldn't believe me with that. It's a really important task and she'll be here in any minute. I guess you can give it to her by yourself." I say with a confused tone.

Hoshi smiles, "Yes, I would've done that myself but as you can see, we suddenly have to go to somewhere. I really didn't have any idea about it, we have only like 3 days left for our comeback and this sudden party invitation! Seems like the CEO really wants us to go."

This is really strange... 

Who's party could it be? 

Well, then again, that's none of my business. 

"Okay no worries, I'm going to her office right now. Enjoy the party, okay?" I smile at him. 

"Thanks a lot, Minhee. I knew you would never reject doing favours for me." he winks, while looking cute and fluffy, as always. 


"I look y today, don't I?" I can hear Mingyu's voice as I reach the doorway. I don't know why but I turn back and glance at him. Is it true that the heart aches a little when you look at perfect things on earth?  

Cause that's exactly what happened to me when I looked at him... 

But obviously, it's Kim Mingyu. You can't just compliment him knowing how egoistic he can become after one freaking compliment. 

"You look like a trashy douchebag, as always," I shout at him as I turn back and get out of the room and head towards the mentor's office.

And on my way, I can't stop myself from thinking about the way he pouted when I said that.

I don't think I'll be able to get over that, like ever...


**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's almost 9 pm. We are exhausted, heading towards home after calling it a day. I get my iPod out of the backpack and put my headphones on, playing some songs from my favourite playlist. Someone grabs my arm when I reach near the entrance. 

I turn back, pulling the headphones off my ear.

"I've been calling you from the 3rd floor but you weren't even paying any attention. I had to get down here just because of your stupidity!", our dancing mentor exclaims in anger. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you were calling me." I say apologetically.

"Take this", she literally throws the pen drive to me, I stumble for once but I catch it successfully, "Give it to Hoshi as soon as possible, I rearranged a lot of stuff in the pen drive and he has to see it now. Their comeback showcase is in 3 days but nothing's complete yet."

What is she talking about? 

How am I supposed to give it to Hoshi now? He's not even at his dorm. 

"But Hoshi is at some party along with the members", I try to explain it to her gently, "It's pretty late for me as well. Is it okay if I give it to him tomorrow?"

"That's none of my business, but you have to deliver this to him as soon as possible. Otherwise the practice won't be completed by tomorrow. And it's important,that's the reason why I ran after you from the third floor," she growls.

I look at her blankly. After such a long ty day, what do these people expect me to do? 

I'm a human too... 

I don't know why but she suddenly softens her voice, maybe she had that little humanity left there to pity me, " Listen, I would've just dropped that to their dorm but I need to go to somewhere urgent now. Just call Hoshi and ask him if he can pick that up. I'm sure you guys can make a way."

She storms out of the place after saying that. 

 

On my way back home, I keep calling Hoshi but his phone is switched off. What a huge trouble I'm getting into!


Ugh.

Reaching home, I freshen up and have dinner. All this time I've literally called him for a million time but still he's unreachable. Who can help me at this moment? Should I call Mingyu?

Nah I can't give up my pride and seek for his help first. He would probably think that i only rely on him, and I can't let it happen.

What about S.Coups? He's probably dealing with so many things right now. 

Who else can I call? 

Wonwoo?

Exactly, I can call Wonwoo!!! I'm sure he'll understand my circumstances.

I search his name on my contact list and press the call button. After ringing twice, he receives my call. 

"Hey Minhee, what's up?" he says loudly, as I can hear the blaring sound of the music in the background.

"Hey, do you have a moment to talk to me? it's something urgent." I reply loudly, wondering if he heard it or not. 

"Hold on for a second, lemme get out of this place."

I explain everything to him after he gets out of there, but eventually he tells me that Hoshi left his phone in their dorm and he has to talk to him about it first. I ask him to call me back as soon as possible.

After disconnecting the phone, I sit on the bed and start thinking about the song I'm gonna sing tomorrow at Mr Kanghae's office. What would've happened if he'd just let me pass the evaluation test? It's not like my song is gonna save his life! He can be such a pain in the !

I turn on the radio to check out some new singles. And tonight, almost every radio station is playing the same song.

"Congratulations, neon cham daedanhae... Congratulations, eojjeom gueroehge..." 

I become numb, the melody is so perfect... The voice.... Ah feels like the song is touching my soul... 

But at the same time, my heart starts to ache strangely. I know this song, from a very long time. I've waited for this day so desperately, but a certain incident just blew everything away.

Why did you do this to me Jae?

Why did you use me like this?

I've blocked the incident from my memory just like the same way I blocked his number that day. I just hope I don't get to see his face ever again.

Without giving me a chance to think about it further, my phone starts to ring. And it's Wonwoo.

"Minhee, I'm so sorry for bothering you so much." he says apologetically.

"No, it's completely okay. Have you talked to Hoshi about it?" i can't control my curiosity. 

"Yes, he said it's really important to get the pen drive today. But how are we gonna meet now?" 

"Errrm, I don't know. It's pretty late already. Would it be okay if you just pick it up from my home now?" I hesitate for a moment to complete the sentence, "My mum is kinda strict so I could be in trouble if you guys come after midnight, you know."

"Now? I think it's gonna take sometime here. It's 10 pm already and to be honest, I don't think we can leave the party, it's our CEO's friend's and he really wants us to meet new people."

Why is he explaining so many things to me?

"Oh okay, I understand. I don't think there's any way to send you this pen drive. I would've just send it online but I don't want it to get leaked."

"Minhee, I don't know if I should ask you this or not," Wonwoo mumbles, "the place where I am right now is like 10 minutes away from your place. Can you send it by someone?"

What? he knows very well that I don't have anyone in my family except from my mother. Is he indirectly asking me to go there?

"Wonwoo, actually I would've just come there by myself but I have my monthly evaluation test tomorrow and I don't have much time to prepare for that", I state glibly, "and parties aren't my thing, I've always been an introvert. I wish I could send someone with this, I'm so sorry. I hope you don't mind."

"No Minhee, don't apologise please, it's perfectly fine. Actually I should be the one to apologise. I don't wanna bother you while you're preparing for the test. Good luck! I'm sure you can do that! I'll meet you tomorrow, okay? Thanks for everything minhee. I've no idea how we'd be able to debut or make comebacks without you. Good night." Wonwoo says without a pause. But didn't mention how hard it would  be for them if they don't get the actual choreographed video. They always practice at night, it will surely be a huge problem for them.

"Thanks... umm but how are you gonna complete practicing by tomorrow?" I ask anxiously. 

"Don't worry about it. We have all day long, we can do it. Focus on your exam, okay?"

After biding each other good night, he cuts the phone call.


And as expected, I start to feel guilty. Just because of a silly exam, I can't let anything happen to them, can I?

Their comeback is million times important than my weekly evaluation test, right? 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************


[10.17 pm, outside of Club Arena]

Author's POV:


It's kinda calm outside of Club Arena today, as the club is booked by JYP himself, it's restricted for the general people there. Wonwoo thinks of going inside but parties and stuff don't really attract him that much. Almost 3 days left for their comeback, but what are they doing in this club right now?
He lets out a heavy sigh as he looks up to the sky.

Fate is playing a dirty game with them at this moment. They're invited to the party to congratulate their rivals for their debut. Funny, isn't it?

Well, honestly, Wonwoo has never seen them as rivals, but according to what Jaehyung did the other day, he just can't feel the same way now. What's wrong with their CEO anyways? It's good that he's friends with JYP's managers but why would he just send them to the party? 

He can't really blame the CEO. Almost everyone is enjoying the party, it's an awesome opportunity of getting contact with celebrities from different agencies.

His phone starts to ring abruptly.

"Text me the address right now, I'm coming within 15 minutes."

Wonwoo chuckles, "I don't know why but I had a feeling that you would come. I'll send you the address. Thanks a lot for everything Minhee."

"Hey, don't thank me so much. I get paid for serving you guys, remember?" Minhee laughs awkwardly, "Oh btw, please wait in front of the club, okay?" 

"Sure, I'll be waiting", assured Wonwoo. 

He's ready to wait for his whole life for a girl like her, Wonwoo thinks as he cuts the call.

"Hey Wonwoo, oh my god, you're here! I've been looking for you for such a long time," complains Hoshi, "Coups hyung told you to meet him asap." 

Wonwoo tells Hoshi about Minhee's arrival but they really have to get into the club as it's getting kinda weird now. Wonwoo sends a text message to minhee after being suggested by Hoshi.

Hey, everyone's asking for me inside, I have to go now. Call me when you reach here. My battery is about to die, if I don't pick up the call, then come inside okay? I'll be waiting for you near the entrance door. Don't worry about it. See ya x

 


[In the club, after 10 minutes]


"Hyung, have you noticed that Seventeen's here as well?", Wonpil says in a mysterious voice, emphasising the Seventeen word, while leering at Jaehyung's face.

"Yeah, I've never thought they would come here to congratulate us." Sungjin murmurs, "Let's go and greet them."

"Listen, I'm not feeling well right now. I'm gonna go get some fresh air if that's okay." Jaehyung squeaks.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Brian asks in a serious tone. 

"I'll be fine, I'm taking the car keys. See ya soon." 

He gets out the club as soon as he can. He's acting like that not because he doesn't like them, it's because they remind him of her. 

If he could just turn back time and do it from the beginning! 

He gets into the car which is parked just near the gate. It was a really long day and probably the most memorable day in his life so far. 

is it more memorable than the day he met her?

Ugh he tries to avert her thoughts on his debut. He's officially a celebrity now.

wow! It feels weird.

He starts playing music in the car to wipe off the boredom. Just then he notices something so unexpected that it changes his mood drastically within nanoseconds.


IT'S HER!!


Minhee's standing in front of the gate... 

Looking stunning as always, with a simple dark purple cardigan and paired with a skinny jeans, her long hair is tied up in a messy bun. How can someone look so pretty in such a simple appearance!

Jaehyung's heart began to beat faster, as a sudden fear surrounds him with lots of uncertainty. The fear catches his breath in his throat, blocking all the rational thoughts away. 

It's the fear of losing her...again


He observes how she talks to the security guard for pass but of course she can't if she doesn't have the invitation card or her name on the list. She keeps checking her phone and calling someone but it doesn't work. At last she seems to give up on this.

That's when the guard gets a phone call.

"Let her in", says Jaehyung.

God has given him another opportunity.

He doesn't wanna lose her again.


Minhee enters the club, and starts searching for Wonwoo or any other Seventeen members. But just then her wrist is grabbed and she's taken to a secluded corner of the room, being sideways straight into a sturdy chest. 

Oh my god! 

Who would that be?

An arm wraps itself around her waist, her back is pressed against this person's chest and his hand clamps down on to keep her from screaming. 

"I thought we'd finish the conversation we had long ago." He says as he turns her face directly to his.

To her horror she realises, it's definitely not the person who she thought him to be...

Oh God!

 


A/N: 

Hello guys :) 

It's been a long time! Sorry for the delay, I was so freaking busy as I just moved out couple of days ago. I miss my family so much omg ㅠㅠ 

Btw, I hope you liked the chapter! Who do you think the person would be? Let's see if you can guess that right. Can't wait to let you know the answer in the next chapter ;) 

Don't forget to vote comment and share! 

Enjoy reading xx