Chapter 2

Uncertainty [SEVENTEEN X DAY6]

May 10, 2015:

Minhee's POV:

"Let's get back to practice guys. We don't have much time left."  
I hear a really handsome guy yelling at his companions, "Kim Mingyu, can you continue texting after we finish our practice for today?" 
Damn, the guy is soo attractive, I won't even deny. I wish I could see him properly though. 

I try to look at the kim mingyu guy but surprisingly I can't move my body. I have to watch only what I've been shown, ugh I hate this feeling so much. 

"I don't wanna practice today." Someone says after a long pause, "I'm sorry but I feel sick with the idea of a random girl around us 24/7. I don't really understand how you guys are taking all this stuff so easily but seriously, I can't breathe the same air of a room with that hypocrite stalker." 

No doubt, that Mingyu's talking about me. "Stalker", "Pretender", "Liar", "Attention Seeker", "Saesang" etc have become my trademarked adjectives for a really long time.

"LANGUAGE, KIM MINGYU", that guy growls, defending me. Why is he  being so nice to me? Is he like that to everyone? I start to feel numb. It's been a long time since someone defended me from the "Liar" accusation.  

"Binnaneun geotdeureun manha, geu ane jinjjareul bwabwa, call me baby, baby call me baby" Suddenly i hear a blaring sound at the background. It becomes louder and louder and the room gets blurry at once. 

I open my eyes and snooze my alarm which was set for 8 a.m. 

Ugh it's morning already. 

I hug my pillow and start to think about what happened in my dream. To be honest, I really wish it is only a dream, but deep down inside I know that somehow it's gonna get real someday soon. 

Pledis calling me for a meeting and watching the dream at the same night, no, it can't be a mere coincidence. Nevertheless, I try to avert my thoughts to something more delightful. I definitely should be more optimistic about life. Maybe I was thinking a lot about this pledis situation at night and therefore I had a dream of something like that. Yes, that's definitely possible.

But that guy............. was the definition of perfection. How I wish I could meet him one day! But why the hell would he defend me like he did in my dreams? 

I laugh at my own thoughts. It's okay actually, I'm more than satisfied with my Chanyeol oppa <3

"binnaneun geotdeuren..", I snooze my alarm tone again quickly so that I can think about my chanyeol oppa for some time. It's been years & many unexpected things happened but my attraction towards Exo has never changed, even for a bit. I'm obsessed with them, aren't I? 

"Minhee, wake up!! you have to go to work today"  I hear my mum from the other room. 

Yes, I lied to her about the pledis situation. I couldn't just tell her anything about it, my mum's already too sensitive. She thinks that i'd be in trouble if the future telling thing spreads among others. Like people would believe it anyways.

I get up from bed unwillingly. It's gonna be a long tiresome day today. but I've thought about what to tell them already, "I'm sorry if I ever made any trouble. I deleted my SNS account a month ago and i will not talk about anything to anyone else." That worked for JYP though. But why pledis? It's not like I have ever mentioned about them anywhere. Although I do like couple of  NU'EST songs, I don't know much about their artists.
But my trademarked adjectives are gonna be used a lot today, that's for sure.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The room isn't that cold but I can't stop shivering. Is it because I'm nervous? Nah, I've faced this kind of situation before, almost a month ago. I have to get out of this mess smoothly.

"I'm glad that you came. I'm Jung Hae Chang, assistant CEO of pledis entertainment. It's been a pleasure to meet you." The guy says with an expressionless tone. With only two of us in that huge room, I feel a bit uneasy.  
"Thank you sir, nice to meet you too. But can we finish it a bit quickly? My work starts from 1 pm." I lie in a serious tone. Damn, my acting is good, I laugh in my mind.

"As far as I know, you don't have a part time job, do you?" I choke my own saliva. He's really researched about me. Congratulating for graduation and now this, I have to be careful about what to say in front of him. 
"Sorry for lying, but I don't really like this kind of meetings, I feel suffocated. Can we just go straight to the topic why I'm here?" I say humbly. 
"Yes, indeed. But we're waiting for the CEO to come. He's gonna be here in any minute. Oh and just to let you know, please don't say anything reckless in front of him; he isn't really fond of lying either."
I can feel the extra circulation of blood in my cheeks. Why did I make a fool of myself!! ugh. 

I open my mouth to apologise but just at that moment I hear the door being opened. It must be the CEO, I prepare myself to greet him when he enters. 

I see two young boys entering the room. The first one who dyed his hair white, is unbelievably cute and well mannered as he greets us right away. I can't take my eyes off him, his skin is flawless and the 'baby face" look has just taken my heart away. 
"Hello, I'm Hoshi, the leader of performance unit of seventeen. Nice to meet you!" he says without any hesitation. Looking into his eyes, I can feel the warmth. 
"Hello, I'm Park Minhee, nice to meet you too." I stand up to bow. I'm not really good at talking to guys, ugh I really don't know how I'll be able to finish the meeting today. 

Just then, I hear a manly familiar voice near Hoshi, "Hello, it's S.Coups, the leader of seventeen. I've heard a lot about you."
A lot about me? Huh? I set my gaze to him and right at that moment my heart skips a beat. 

To my horror, I realise that it's him. 

He's the guy from my dream.

oh my god.

I feel numb and dizzy as my heart suddenly starts to beat twice as it used to. How is this possible? My mind is empty and my heart starts to ache. The time is suspended and it feels like the world seems to be a standstill for me. I'm swept away by his handsomeness and humbleness. It must be weird and won't even make sense but I want to cry because he's so perfect. 

Is this how you're supposed to feel when you're in love?

He looks at me strangely as I realise I'm acting like a dumb psycho. Mate, you appeared in my dreams ,defended me from that wicked Mingyu and dazzled me with your handsomeness. What do you expect me to do? I'm a girl with a weak heart, you know.

Okay, focus Minhee, focus.

I bow to him as he takes his seat. 
I sit down nervously. No way I'll be able to utter a word today. Should I tell them I'm feeling sick? no, I don't think I should waste their valuable time only to comfort my lovey dovey feelings.

"Where's Woozi?" Jung Hae Chang asks them. 
"He's busy with production work. He said the CEO wants him to complete this within tomorrow." S.Coups replies in a manly deep voice yet full of respect for his senior as he's the leader of the band. WHY IS HE SO PERFECT UGH!! 

I suddenly make up my mind to dig Seventeen up.

Right then, I hear the door being opened and this time a middle aged guy rushes to the room and takes his seat straight away. I follow everyone as they get up and give him a 90 degree bow. Wow, this guy must be the CEO.

I didn't expect him to be like that though. He looks like an ahjussi with a sad life story. His glasses make him look lost and exhausted. 

"Sorry for the delay. Let's come to the point. I'm the CEO of pledis and you must be Park Minhee?" he says in a grievous tone.
"Yes, Sir. I'm Park Minhee." I reply dryly.
"We've heard about your meeting with JYP.  Is it really true that you have that power?" he says in a mysterious voice, the atmosphere of the room gets tensed.

Wait, how does he know about the meeting? This is impossible. JYP would never let this news to be leaked like this. 

I'm at a loss how to respond to this question. I've promised JYP that I won't cause any trouble, I should keep my words no matter what happens. 

I give him a confusing look and for the first time I see him interested in knowing my reply.

"Actually I have no idea what you're talking about. And even if I had a meeting with jyp, no one would ever know about it, let alone knowing about the "power" you're talking about", I try to sound as realistic as possible. Mr Hae Chang scowls at me for lying, again.

"I'm impressed that you've proved yourself to be a loyal person. But I wanna let you know that I've been into this entertainment business for more than 10 years and also I was BoA's manager for a long time. Of course I have friends everywhere. But I just wanna assure you that I've heard it from an insider, they can't even keep their mouth shut when they're drunk. tsk tsk."

okay, I'm in trouble now. 

What to do! should I tell him the truth in front of everyone? Are hoshi and s.coups gonna think I'm weird? Jeez they probably know everything by now.

"I'm sorry if I've ever made any trouble. I deleted my SNS a month ago and I will not talk about anything to anyone else." I tell them exactly the same words that I've been planning since the morning. 

"So that means you can actually see the future?" He whispers as he gravitates himself near me.
"Yes, that's true." I sigh as I have no option left but to reveal it in front of them.

I can hear the bewilderedness and tension among others as they can't believe what I'm saying. I don't know if Hoshi would look at me with that warmth in his eyes again.

Are they gonna believe me? Hell, NO. Even I think I sound crazy.

"but I won't force you to believe me, if you think I'm fake then let it be. I have no problem with that", I continue again.

"I heard that you blew JYP away the other day?" he cracks up loudly and I cannot but start feeling embarrassed. He continues, "I won't say I don't believe you cause JYP is not the person to just hold a meeting with anyone for something so silly. He must have his own reasons. and I do believe that miracles happen in real life, otherwise I wouldnt be in this position where I am now. Anyways, the reason why I wanted to talk to you is because I wanna make an agreement with you. If you know what I mean?"

"Sorry? I don't get it." I reply in a shock.

"What if the news spread among the people? It won't be long that your life's gonna be a living hell with full of haters.  You'll be the main attraction of the media and of course you'll be famous, but you won't be admired. Every person would take you as a fake pretender as they'll think about the issue rationally. You're an educated young girl, I'm sure you know the consequences already."

I shiver at the thought of this mess. No way I'll be able to live a life like this.

"What do you expect me to do to avoid the situation?" I reply with an exhausted tone.

"Well well, that's the main point of this meeting. We would like to offer you to be a trainee of our entertainment. It's not hard to believe that a trainee knows much about the showbiz world. People will excuse the odds anyways. I heard that you have interest in kpop, am I right?" he asks confidently.

What is happening with me? It feels like I've lost control over everything I had. But do I have any option left?

"I'm sorry I can't accept your offer. I don't know why you guys are becoming so kind and thoughtful to me so suddenly, I can't even sing or dance, neither do I have any personal talent. Yes, I have interest in kpop industry but that doesn't mean I wanna be a part of it. And I have to look after my mum, I need a job for that. I'm not in the position to toss away my grades to take a risky path to build my career. I studied hard for this." I reply being annoyed.

"Are you out of your mind? If this news spreads then good grades won't help you reach anywhere." 

"So you're threatening me?"

"That's the problem of this young generation. Yes, I won't deny that I'm not doing it only because I feel sad for you, I do have advantages if you get into my company. But I'll take the responsibility of your career, and if you want a job then I can pay you as a staff; you'll have to help us out with our works. You can get a part time job and a career ahead at the same time. And I won't interfere in your studies. Okay, enough with this. Think about it today and come again tomorrow to sign the paperworks if you want. What you do with your life is up to you. Okay the meeting's over." He rushes out of the room before I can say anything. 

"Think wisely, have a good day." Hae Chang hurries to the door. 

What should I do now? Should I take the offer?

"Do what your heart says. But it would be great to know you better." Hoshi smiles at me. "Yes, indeed. Can't wait to meet you soon." says S.Coups.

And that one simple sentence kills me a million times. 

"Thank you so much", I tried hard to hold back my tears. 

Why are you guys being so nice to me? Don't you think i'm weird?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Author's POV: 

It doesn't take Minhee a lot of time to decide what to do with her life. After signing the papers next day, she gets to know that her "part time job" is to help out seventeen throughout their debut. They need staff for technical arrangements so she's a perfect match. The CEO has said it's gonna take a while to start her training, so her priority should be serving seventeen (as a slave, well that's what she thinks when Mingyu's voice comes to her mind) 

Sometimes she wonders if he's actually recruited her for that. 

It's hard to say what's going on in Minhee's mind as she easily chose that risky path but S.Coup's

"Yes, indeed. I wanna meet you soon."  definitely has a role in her decision, that's for sure.