Seven

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I needed to talk to Kai. I needed to know what he had done to me, I had a right to know. Ever since he made his appearance that night several weeks ago my life has been slowly getting more difficult, my thoughts more hazy. The hallucination last night didn't help any. It was like something was trying to surface within me, fighting to be free. But I didn't know what and he was the one that started this whole ordeal. He knew something, knew about what was going on with me, he was always several steps ahead of the game.

 

But I was clueless on how to find him. He was a ghost that only appeared when it was at his own convenience. 

 

A sigh left my lips. Finding him would be harder than staying out of trouble for me. 

 

Today was Sunday, I had the day off so the better part of it could be spent thinking of a plan to find the creature of the night. 

 

Night…

 

The one in which he attacked me, the one where he drug me into an alley and pinned me against the cold brick wall. And finaly the one leading up to the moment where I found myself in an unknown place the next morning. Thoughts of Kai prowling through the city invaded my mind. His feral red eyes and sinister smirk playing in my head like a movie, the startling images embedding deeper into my memory. 

 

I balled my fists and shook my head, ridding myself of the previous encounter I had with Kai. 

 

To find a vampire I had to think like one.

 

 

A smirk found itself upon my lips as Kai leaned against the light post on the street corner. Tracking him down had been rather difficult and cost me several hours. But I was finally going to get some answers. 

 

"Must we always meet like this?"

 

"It's not like I can just call you when I want you in my presence," I replied with a sarcastic twinge.

 

Kai scoffed. "What is it that you want exactly?"

 

All playfulness left me, replaced by a serious and almost threatening tone."I want to know what you did to me."

 

A maniacal laugh left his mouth, the sound reverberating off of the buildings lining the empty street. "What I did to you? You must be losing your mind. I didn't know someone could be this crazy for me."

 

I growled, frustration beginning to set in with his now cocky demeanor. "I'm not joking!"

 

Suddenly, I was slammed against the nearest wall, my eyes widening as the wind was knocked from my small frame. I hadn't even seen the man move and yet I was pinned by the shoulders, Kai's palms digging into my bones. It was almost like when I had awoken in the apartment and tried to escape. Except this time was different. I cringed, biting my lip to prevent myself from letting out a groan of pain from the crushing force. Kai was just in front of me, a malicious look in his eyes, one similar to the many that I had seen before.

 

"Humans are such foolish creatures, as are you. Always blaming things on someone else, always thinking they're not at fault. I find it pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter