Ten

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Cleo had left the apartment, I strode over to the couch and collapsed onto it. I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a long sigh.

 

"Why was she here?" The aggressive growl ripped from my throat before I had a chance to stop it, the question sounded harsh and critical. I cringed as soon as it had left my mouth. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that."

 

"It's okay and I don't know why she was here or why she chose now to show herself after all these years," replied Nara as she settled opposite of me an expression mirroring mine written across her face.

 

"I never thought that I would see her again."

 

"I almost wish that I hadn't," grumpled Nara as she placed her chin in the palm of her hand.

 

"She's not a part of this family anymore. Or at least to me she isn't."

 

"You know that mother would probably welcome her with open arms if they were to ever meet again. She's soft," Nara shifted again.

 

"Yes I know. How annoying."

 

"I agree."

 

The room fell silent as I relaxed back to stare at the blank, white ceiling. 

 

The anger didn't want to let go of its tight grasp on me, my veins hot and boiling as it seeped into every cell of my body. I needed to leave, needed to get out of this place that reeked of her. I didn't even want to acknowledge her name. After everything that she's done to us, after she tore our family apart, she just waltzes in like nothing ever happened and expects forgiveness. For near immortal creatures, the span of the moment of her betrayal to this one seemed like a short instance. Nara and I also knew how to hold a grudge. A certain and intense hateed for her would always find residence in the dark depths of my soul. I could never forgive her for what she did and I could never forget, the memory of the event was embedded into my mind like it had just happened yesterday. 

 

"I need to leave," I said as I stood abruptly from my resting place. 

 

Nara nodded to me as I took the keys from the small bowl on the end table near the door. It seemed as ahe chose to stay trapped in this place that smelled of Cleo. But there was only one place that I wanted to be. 

 

"You staying here?"

 

A long and drawn out sigh passed from my sister's lips. "No. I'm going out to eat, I can't stand this place smelling like that ."

 

I sent her a smirk. Usually Nara wasn't aggressive but Cleo had sparked a fire in her that had her blood boiling. We walked down the several flights of stairs together but turned separate ways once we reached the bottom. I went for the parking lot while s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter