Twelve

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I changed into more suitable clothing for a day of relaxation and applied a light layer of mascara to my eyelashes. A pair of leggings and a loose tank top adorned my body. Smiling at myself in the mirror, I exited the bathroom.

The doorbell rang and I made a face at the front door from the living room. Sighing, I made my way over. When I opened it, Kai was standing there looking impatient as ever.

I crossed my arms. "Oh so you do know how to ring the doorbell."

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand. "Just come on."

I closed the door behind me quickly before we made our way to the silver BMW parked on the street. I climbed into the passenger seat and him into the driver's. We took off as he hadn't shut the engine down before coming to the door.

The entire car ride I stared straight ahead. After my realization last night, I didn't know how to interact with him anymore. There's an empty place in my bones; buried deep, that calls out for something unknown. It is a horrible feeling to have a craving that you can never satisfy.

Kai pulled up outside of Nara's apartment complex. Without a word, we found our way upstairs and into her home. He directed me towards the couch as Nara simply watched us from the kitchen. Sehun shot me a smile from the other couch.

"Sit," Kai said as he pushed me down onto the cushions, his hand on my shoulder. My skin felt like there was electricity jumping from it where his hand touched me. My eyes met his for a second before he plopped down next to me. His hand slid lightly from my bare skin as Nara wandered onto the scene.

"Why are we all here?" I asked, the words slipping from my mouth before I had time to stop them.

A smile graced her perfect features, she was captivating. "We are here because Kai and I decided it was best if we told you something particularly about us."

"Okay?" Sehun, as I found to be the other human's name, said questionably.

Nara let out a sight and thought for a second as she joined Sehun on the couch across from me. Our eyes met and I quickly looked away, I didn't feel worthy to be in her presence, that and she was intimidating. "I shall tell you a heartbreaking tale. This is one that my mother told me years ago when I was still young and didn't know it's meaning. It is based off of two lovers that could never be together, the rules of their people keeping them apart."

Kai glanced over at me and I suddenly diverted my gaze to my hands meekly. A burning sensation ignited within my chest but I kept it contained, not allowing for my outward expression to mirror what I was feeling inside.

"So kind of like us?" The human asked. She nodded and he reached over, grasping her small hand.

Both Kai and I watched the pair intently, but for two different reasons. I edged away from Kai slowly, angling myself so I was smashed into the corner between the back cushion and the arm rest. I brought my knees into my chest and rested my head on them.

Nara took a breath in and began in a soft voice, as if sorrow were consuming her. "It is said that there once was a butterfly that was searching for love. One day he came upon another beaut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter