Two

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes fluttered open to see the ceiling of an unknown room. Small bits of sunlight streamed in through the closed curtains on either side of the four poster bed. I pushed myself up into a sitting position and cringed, my hand flying to the left side of my neck. It was sore and there was a bandage covering a spot on it. Then I remembered what had happened last night, the memories flooding into my mind. That man, that vampire that had bitten me. And there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Removing my hand from my neck, I narrowed my eyes at both of my palms. I was so weak, I didn't even stand a chance against him. Just like the others…

 

I gnashed my teeth together. How unfair this world was. I had always wanted to be strong, strong enough so that nothing could ever happen to me again. But look where that landed me. 

 

I let out a growl in anger, jumping out of the bed hastily before my wobbly legs sent me stumbling into a dresser near the bed. A picture frame fell onto its face and I flinched, praying that the glass hadn't shattered. Slowly, I lifted it from the dark wood and noticed that the man in the picture was the one that had attacked me last night. The vampire that had attacked me. It was a black and white photo of him and a girl that looked similar to him. I reset the picture and turned towards the door, marching towards it before I gripped the handle tightly and pulled the door open. 

 

As soon as I got out the door frame, I walked down the hallway and froze. There he stood. The man turned and his cruel eyes set on me.

 

"You," I breathed, backing away slightly.

 

"What about me?" He asked with a smirk. My heart beat so fast and hard against my ribcage that I thought it might burst from its confines. I needed to stand my ground, show him that I wasn't afraid of him. Easier said than done as tried to look anywhere in the room but him. To the man that was sleeping on the couch or to the woman that was making something in the kitchen. She was the same one from the photo.

 

"Are you scared?"

 

My head snapped to him and gave him a glare, "No," I hissed at him.

 

"Really? You shouldn't lie so carelessly."

 

I sent him another glare, my posture rigid as I stood in the middle of the hallway. This guy was a vampire and I was nothing compared to him or what he could do to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter