One

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My cold stare seared through the people that passed me on the street. They were so clueless, so in the dark about what I was. They walked around aimlessly, unknowing of the predator in their midst.

 

A smirk pulled at my lips as I tucked my hands in the pockets of my jacket. I got what I wanted, when I wanted it and there was no acception. 

 

I snapped out of my thoughts as another body crashed into mine. The woman hit the ground with a slight thud. She sat there, staring up at me with wide brown eyes. Her hair matched her eyes, long and curly but still looking like silk. 

 

She was beautiful and I was hungry. 

 

I offered her my hand, my eyes following her timid movements. The woman took it, her warm hand fitting into my colder one. I pulled her from the concrete easily and as soon as she was up, I was dragging her six feet down the sidewalk and into a nearby alley. She let out a small scream but was cut off when I clamped my hand over . She struggled against me, her long nails scratching desperately at the skin of my wrist. 

 

I drug her deeper until we were in the darkest part of the alley. I slowed to a stop and then spun her and slammed her back into the brick wall. She let out a grunt as the air left her lungs and her head snapped back to knock against the red brick before bouncing off. I held her tightly by the neck but removed my hand from . Her head rolled back to rest against the cool wall that she was being held against.

 

She glared at me, mustering up her courage. I simply let a smirk pass across my lips before I flashed my crimson eyes at her. She caught the change and her muscles stiffened, her body locking up. 

 

"Wh-What are you?" She whispered, her voice smooth and intoxicating even with the short snd quick breaths she was taking.

 

"Take a guess," I replied, my red eyes surfacing once again. 

 

She closed her eyes and tried not to show the fear that was coursing through her veins. But I could sense it, she was scared of me, just like every other human was. "I see."

 

I brushed her chocolate hair from her eyes and she slowly opened them to look directly into mine. Her expression was emotionless as she stared into my deep crimson depths. She knew what was going to happen to her.

 

"What is your name?" I suddenly asked on a whim, even I was slightly surprised with the light question. 

 

"A-Ajae," she stuttered.

 

I smirked at her again, this time the tip of a canine emerging, making her eyes widen. I removed my hand from her neck and stepped froward to press our bodies together, making sure that Ajae had no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter