Four

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai opened the front door to Nara's apartment, the lock clicking several times before he entered. His hazel eyes slid over to see Sehun sitting on the couch flipping through channels on the television. Kai turned to me. "Can we talk someplace private for a minute?"

 

I nodded. "Sehun, I'll be right back."

 

He smiled at me and sent a nod, knowing who my brother was. I led Kai to the hallway past my bedroom before he stopped me. He roughly grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. Anger rolled off of his body in waves, the sudden change in emotion shocking me. The way he looked at me screamed that he knew more about Sehun and I than I've revealed since his initial arrival. 

 

"What are you doing, do you think that I don't know about your little fiasco with the human?" He growled and I stiid in front of him in shock. My voice would not allow me to speak for a moment as I simply stared up at him with wide eyes. 

 

"He's my best friend, Kai, that's it and that's all that we'll ever be," I said, trying to play it off.

 

"You sure about that one? The way you looked at him just now said something different," he said while raising his eyebrow at me. "You know it's illegal to fall in love with a human. It's the first law."

 

"I know that and I'm not stupid. I'm not in love with him," I said, my voice raising as I glared at him. But Kai knew that I was faking it. 

 

"Deny it all you want, I know when you're lying and right now is one of those times."

 

I glared at him the best that I could, attempting to follow through with my bluff. "You know nothing."

 

"I know enough to tell when you change, I'm not stupid Nara, I'm not a little boy anymore, as much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter