Eleven

Crimson
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I had to remind myself that this was actually happening and not just another one of the hallucinations that my mind conjures up. We separated completely and I wiggled my way out of his grasp. I turned my back on him, my face pink because of what had just happened.
"I'm going to bed. Let yourself out and lock the door behind you," I said, going to do what I was intending to before he invaded my home.
I yawned as I made my way to my room alone and left the door open like always. Just because Kai was here for the moment didn't mean I was going to change my sleeping pattern. I crawled under the heavy covers of the bed and switched off the lamp that sat on the nightstand. Darkness shrouded the room as my eyes slid closed. It was a few seconds later when I felt the bed shift. I opened one eye out of curiosity and let out a scream. A pair of glowing red eyes stared at me a foot from my face. Adrenaline overflowed my system as I flew from the bed and slammed into the wall a few feet away. My back was really beginning to like them lately. I felt cornered, like I was playing a game of cat and mouse except I was the mouse and Kai was the cat. My breathing was erratic, my chest heaving as the set of eyes didn't blink, just kept staring intensely at me. The only portion of him I could see was his silhouette and his eyes that seemed to shake me to the core.
Kai let a sigh pass between his lips before he lifted himself onto his elbow. "Must you freak out every time you see my eyes?"
"I'm sorry that I'm not used to a vampire staring at me while I try to sleep," I spat back sarcastically.
I couldn't see it but I could tell that he was smirking. "Just come here and go to sleep before I make you."
I shot him a glare before timidly crawling back under the covers and scooting into his waiting arms, never taking my eyes off of his. I tried to shake the fee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter