New Beginning

Fall Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How cute :">

 

-

 

The day after she saw Wendy at the bar drunk and miserable, brought her to her house and took care of her.

Irene just can’t take away the smile on her face.

As she usually does, she stood in front of her office window and stare at her favourite part of the hospital, the garden.

*Knock Knock*

She turned to look where the door is. “Come in”

The doorknob clicks and opens with Seulgi entering her office.

“Good morning Ms. Irene” the taller girl bowed to her.

“Good morning too Seul, what brought you here?” Irene asked her secretary, her closest friend, no more like little sister.

“Well..” Seulgi walks towards her friend. “So what happened yesterday?”

Irene just smiled at her suddenly walks to her table and sat on her chair.

“Hmm..” She rests her elbow on the table and her chin on her hands. “It’s not right for me to say it’s good. Like you never want to see someone look that way, full of sorrow and pain and even cried so hard in front of you. But it felt different. I feel relieved”

“You think she’s ok now?” Her friend asked her.

“You know it’s really hard for anyone to let go of their past quickly. Especially if you’re in that kind of situation” She looked outside. “But I do hope little by little she will someday”

The taller girl nods at herself. “Does your father know already?”

Irene looked at Seulgi again. “I am going to give him a call and I know he’ll be glad once I’ve told him about it”

“I’m sure he will” Seulgi smiled at Irene. A cute bear smile.

“You know with that smile of yours no wonder Dr. Park really fell for you” Irene chuckled.

“Hey! How come this conversation me?” You can see behind that blonde hair, Seulgi’s ear was turning pink.

“Haha you’re too cute Seul” Irene stood up from sitting.

Wearing pink turtle neck sweater, white coat, black tight pants, red stilettos, silky brunette hair slightly curled, simple make up, seems just like some other girl but she’s not. She was still a Goddess indeed.

“You really look different from the way you are before Hyun” Seulgi also stood up from her seat.

“I guess so Seul, Come on. Let’s get some coffee” Irene held the taller girl’s arm and walked out with her from her office.

“Oh wait! Aren’t you going to disguise again today?” Seulgi stops as they were approaching the elevator.

“I guess I’ll skip today. I also want to go home early I didn’t get to sleep yesterday” Irene pressed the down button.

“Yeah if I’m in your situation too I guess wouldn’t neither” Seulgi chuckled.

Irene pinched her friend’s waist.

“What?! Did I say something wrong? haha” Seulgi laughed at the shorter girl.

Irene pouts cutely.

*Ting*

Luckily the elevator door opened like for Irene she was saved from Seulgi’s tease.

“Let’s go!” Irene pulled Seulgi inside the elevator that made the taller girl giggle.

 

 

-

 

Wendy called Joy and told her she’ll be taking another day leave after what happened yesterday.

Of course her best friend couldn’t say no to her because she knew how much she worked hard for the past few months just to make her forget everything she holds for a long time.

She somehow felt relieved yesterday with the help of her boss. Yes you heard it right her boss.

She just smiled while thinking about it.

Wendy decided to walk outside.

She walks anywhere her feet bring her.

She want to think about everything.

She want to regain herself.

To regain the old Wendy before that incident happened.

Wearing a black coat, white t-shirt, tight blue jeans, sneakers, her blonde hair were pony tailed, simple make up just casual like the others does.

She walks along the street, look around but her thought was never there.

People pass by and she didn’t bother if they bumped into her.

She then saw a Korean Restaurant on the other side of street.

She somehow felt hungry after a long walk so she decided to go on the said restaurant, went to the corner of the street and wait for the red sign turn to green.

Wendy can still fell the cold breeze even she already wears a coat.

She hid her hands inside her coat’s pocket.

Finally, the light turned green, she started to walk on the pedestrian lane.

Suddenly, she felt a hand grab hers and pulled her. Pair of warm arms was wrapped around her.

Wendy gasp in shocked of what just happened.

“Yah! Didn’t you see that sign turned red you reckless driver!” She could hear the voice of a girl. “Miss? Are you okay? You could’ve been dead if I didn’t pull you ahead of time.”

Wendy was stuck in that position. She was scared. Her thoughts turned to that time she wanted to forget.

“Hey miss?” A worried voice can be heard on the girl’s chest. Yes she was still embraced by the said girl.

“Y-y-yeah-I-I’m fine” Wendy pulled away from the girl’s embrace. “Thank you” She bowed to her.

The girl waved her hands “No worries anyone would do that if they saw you too”

Wendy finally got to herself to look at the girl’s face.

“You?” A familiar girl was in front of her.

“Oh!” The girl was shocked. “Oh you’re the one I bumped into before. Really sorry about that” She bowed to Wendy.

Wendy shook her head “It’s okay. That was already in the past. Anyways you just saved my life that means I owe you my life” She said smiling to the girl in front of her.

“Would you mind uhh—if you could have lunch with me? My treat” Wendy shyly offered.

The girl’s round brown eyes became crescent “I would love too!”

Wendy could not help herself but to smile to this girl.

The girl cling her arm to Wendy’s she feel somehow close to the girl beside her.

They walked towards the Restaurant Wendy saw before the incident happened.

“By the way, the name is Yerim, but they call me Yeri” The girl introduced herself while walking.

“Wendy, nice meeting you again Yeri” She smiled to herself.

 

-

 

Wendy’s POV

 

As we entered the restaurant Yeri asked me where I want to sit. I said I want to sit beside the window as I saw the table were no occupied. She nods and walk towards the said table.

I let her sit first and I sat in front of her.

“So what do you want to eat?” I asked her as I am looking the restaurant’s menu.

“Anything would do. I don’t know neither what will I eat” She smiled at me.

I only nod and decided what to order then called the waiter.

“What your order mam?” He gets his pad and pen while waiting for me to order.

“Hmm..I would like to have Galbitang, Bulgogi, Saengchae, Kimchi as side dish, and hmmm..chapssalteok as dessert” I said as the waiter write my orders.

Yeri would just look at me with her round brown eyes widened mouth agape. How cute I said to my mind.

“What do you want for drink?” She snapped out as I asked her.

“Just water, Thanks” She shyly smiled.

“And two red iced tea for our drink” I said.

“Would that be all mam?” The waiter asked me.

“Yes that all.” I smiled at him.

“Okay mam. I will place your order now” He bowed and went to the kitchen area.

“Yeri?” she was looking through the window.

“Yes?” She turned her look on me.

“How old are you?”

“Hmm..I’m 17 years old now” She quickly answered.

No wonder she looks so young. “What school you are attending to?”

“I am studying at SM High School” Her eyes became crescent again.

“I see” Nodding at her.

“How about you? Unnie?” She called me unnie I guess she knew I’m older than her.

“I am a doctor at RV Hospital, a neurosurgeon specifically.”

“Wow! That’s the famous hospital here in Korea” Yeri looked amazed.

“I was actually living and working in Canada years ago. But something happened that made me stop working for a while. And then one day, I received a letter coming from the President of RV Hospital that they wanted me to be there”

Yeri was carefully listening to me. “And I thought that time that I should go and grab this opportunity to get back to what I used to before and here I am now”

She nods like a child listening to a story.

“You’re cute” I told her. Then I saw her face blushed after hearing wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter