Cute Girl with Glasses

Fall Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You'll imagine this picture later while reading this chapter. :)

 

-

 

Author’s POV

 

Wendy was now preparing for what you called “Dinner” with her boss which is within less than an hour from now.

Looking in the mirror, she checked every details of her because she doesn’t want to look not so nice in front of her boss later.

Black Turtle neck sweater, check.

Fit Khaki Trousers, check.

Cream Pea Coat, check.

Simple but classy Black Stiletto heels, check.

Slightly curled blonde hair, check.

Lips painted with Ruby Woo lipstick, check

“And a fluffy soft cheeks double check!” a loud familiar voice .

Rolling her eyes Wendy turned to the voice direction. “Is there a day you won’t annoy me Joy?” She sighed and turned her look again to the mirror.

Crossing her arm, leaning on the door, eyebrow raised, Joy gazed at her bestfriend who’s currently busy checking herself in the mirror. “Seems like you’re going on a date not a dinner Miss”

“Shut up Joy! I’m sure if you’re in my situation you would also do this” She finally turned and walk towards her annoying bestfriend direction aiming to hit her on her face.

Joy would only laugh at her.  “Well, I won’t Wendy. It’s just a dinner, the only difference is it’s our boss but I know she won’t mind what will my look like” She chuckled, stood in front the shorter girl then adjusts the said girl’s pea coat. “There. You look great! No wonder Ms. Jung was dying to see you everyday haha”

The shorter girl pouts with her cheeks popping on her face. “Oh~ Don’t do that in front of her she might as well fall for you Wen” Joy giggled.

Wendy shook her head and hit Joy’s arm. Suddenly her phone beeps and a text message from unknown number popped from her phone’s screen.

The Red Restaurant, I’ll be waiting for you. Take Care

She raised her eyebrows after reading the message then she saw the time on her phone’s screen. 5:30 pm her eyes widened then quickly get her shoulder bag.

Joy who was surprise on the sudden panicked of the girl in front of her. “Hey calm down Wen”

“It’s already 5:30 Joy I don’t want to be late” Wendy pushed Joy pressing her hand on the taller girls back towards the door then quickly locked it when they got on the hallway. “I have to go now! Bye Joy!” she waved her hand and run towards the elevator without even looking at her bestfriend to say goodbye.

The taller girl just smiled to herself and shook her head while looking at her bestfriend.

 

-

 

Wendy drove 20 minutes before she finally arrived at the restaurant where she and her boss will have their dinner. She parked at the nearest area where she could quickly walk to the entrance. She quickly get out of her car then walk fast to the restaurant’s entrance.

There she saw a receptionist waiting and asked her if there is a reservation for two for Wendy Son and Irene Bae the girl nodded. “This way please mam” Wendy bowed and followed the girl leading her to their table. While walking to their table she can’t helped herself but be amazed on how this restaurant look so elegant with just simple designed place, painted with red and a touched of white, with shade of lights fits perfectly for the night and smell of foods were so nice she got hungry after that.

Then finally they stopped in front of a room. “Here it is mam” She opened the door and Wendy’s eyes widened. “I never expect this one” She said to herself as she entered the room. Feels like nostalgic, she feels like she’s back in Canada designed almost the same as her favourite restaurant when she was in High School. Her eyes smiled for her. “Enjoy your stay mam” the girl bowed to her. “Thank you”

Wendy pulled a chair and sit first while waiting for her boss. She looked at her wristwatch and sighed because she was 5 minutes earlier that the call time. She get her phone from her trousers pocket and pressed the home key to see if there were message for her. She chuckled as she say Joy’s name on the screen, “Enjoy your date! ;D” she shook her head after reading her bestfriend’s message.

She replied to her bestfriend.

Her phone beeps again. La-la-la hahaha this was the only reply she got from her that make her laugh.

She was busy typing her message to Joy when a warm gentle voice called her. “Dr. Son, good evening” Her phone was about to fall after facing the direction of the person in front of her. An angel fall from heaven above, her sweet smile is as bright as the star in the night sky. Wendy stood up from her seat. “G-good evening Ms. I-irene” She can’t look straight at her eyes.

“Please sit back Dr. Son, and sorry for being late” she smiled again to her.

Wendy suddenly hear beat of drums on her ear it was loud but only her can hear those beats. She was completely speechless to the woman in front of her. As she saw her about to pull the other chair, she quickly went beside her and pulled the chair for the said woman.

“Oh~ Thank you Dr. Son” She let her sit first and also get back to her seat.

“You look great” Her ear felt warm after hearing those words from the angel in front of her.

“T-thank you Ms. Irene” She shyly bowed to her.

“I told you just Joohyun” Wendy scratched the back of her head.

“Oh yes Joohyun” She shyly smiled at her. “You look very beautiful tonight J-joohyun”

Irene simply giggled at her “I will take that as a compliment Dr. Son”

“Wendy! You can call me Wendy” She slightly lowered her voice.

“Okay Wendy it is. Did you wait for so long?” Her sweet calm voice was like melody to Wendy’s ear.

“No! I was just 5 minutes earlier and that’s not a problem with me also if I wait that long” Wendy smiled at Irene.

“Well, thank you for coming Wendy” Irene said while taking of her coat and put it behind her chair revealing her elegant red dress where Wendy can barely see her flawless pale white skin.

Wendy was feeling uneasy not because the view in front of her is unpleasant to see but because she felt a sudden warmth inside her body. She also removed her coat to lessen the warmth she feels.

“So what do you want to have for dinner?” Irene asks Wendy while looking at the menu.

“Uhm..is it alright if you decide for what we will eat? It’s actually my first time here so I really can’t decide what I will order” Wendy shyly said.

Irene looked at her behind the menu in front of her, she smiled to herself seeing the girl’s action in front of her. “Okay” She called the assigned waiter for them and told him one by one their order. He quickly wrote everything she said. Wendy simply gazes at the woman in front of her.

It’s not my first time having dinner with someone particularly with a girl but why am I feeling this way? Wendy said in her mind. Irene was truly admirable, aside from being so stunning and beautiful, she was calm, sweet and warm-hearted person. Everyone would probably fall for her. But that’s not a thing Wendy would think about her. She’s a girl and there’s no way she would fall for a girl though there is an instance when she was in High School she admired a girl. She shook her head and get back to herself. This is just a dinner not a date. She turned her looked at the woman in front of her who was already finished with her order as the waiter left them alone.

Irene faced Wendy. “How’s your day?” She asked her.

“Hmm..it’s fine, doing great. How about you Joohyun?” Wendy returned the question to Irene who was staring at her.

“Fine too and it’s great” Irene smiled with her eyes.

“Uhm..Joohyun?” Wendy shyly said because Irene was still staring at her.

She just heard her hummed. “Hmm.. I was really wanting to ask you this..” Irene nods at her

“Okay. What is it?” Wendy can’t maintain her eye contact with Irene.

“uhm..don’t you have any maid in your house? Because when you brought me to your house I didn’t see any one but you there and also your driver and the guards of course” She slightly chuckled.

Irene simply laughs at her question. “We do have. It’s just when I brought you to my house they were on their off that day” She explained. Wendy simply nods at her answer.

“You’re too cute Wendy” Irene teases her. “And please don’t think me as your boss tonight, think of me as a friend”

Wendy again would nod at her.

Suddenly the door opened and the waiter appeared pushing a trolley with the foods Irene ordered a while ago. Wendy sighed in relief, she was honestly in tensed with her conversation with Irene because her heart can’t skip a beat everytime she look at her beautiful brown eyes.

 

 

-

 

 

Irene’s POV

 

Earlier before she went on me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter