Locked Up

Fall Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Creedits to @Sonsomething for the pic! :)

 

--------------------------------

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Wendy does her morning routine before going to work. She does the jogging and stretching as warm up for a long day of work.

 

Wearing a blue hoodie jacket and jogging pants she went to a park near her apartment for her morning routine.

 

It was just 4:30 by that time.

 

Turning the music on and puts on her earphone, covers her head with her hoodie and puts her ipod on her pants pocket. Before she starts, she did some stretching and then starts to jog.

 

It’s quite still quite dark but Wendy was not scared at all. She makes sure she was the only one it the park.

 

30 minutes had passed.

 

Wendy stops for a while to drink water. While drinking, she noticed someone jogging towards her direction. If you’ll check the persons figure, height and the way she jogs, you’ll know that person is a girl.

 

Wendy shrugs her shoulders and finishes her drink then starts to jog again.

 

She stops and went home to prepare for work after she saw the sunlight slowly showing up and lighting up the sky.

 

-

 

“Wendy!” A familiar loud jolly voice caused Wendy to spill water on the floor while filling up her disposable cup from the dispenser. She quickly bent down and wipes the spilled water so no one would accidentally slip on the floor because of it.

 

“Joy~ Please~ Just please don’t do that again.” Wendy turns her head on Joy and get up.

 

“Oh sorry! You know excitement does affect the pitch of our voice hehe” Joy chuckles while walking towards Wendy.

 

“But you do realize that we are in a hospital, we cure them not give them heart attacks.” Wendy rolls her eyes and throws her cup on the trash bin.

 

“Partner, I already said sorry so please forgive me. Peu-lease~~” Joy shows up her aegyo on Wendy.

 

Wendy just rolled her eyes and started to walk away from Joy.

 

Joy pouts. No one refuses her aegyo skills. She followed Wendy.

 

“So how’s your morning? You ready for today? ” Joy asked while they were heading to their respective office.

 

“Yes, I am ready since yesterday Joy.” Wendy answered while entering the elevator.

 

Joy quickly entered the elevator who’s already closing.

 

“Wew~ Are you okay? You’re…uhh--kinda little weird today.” Joy asked curiously. Wendy was not like that yesterday.

 

Wendy just looked at her and sighed. “You know I messed up this morning so my mood turned so bad.”

 

 

*Flashback*

 

Wendy still has plenty of time before going to RV Hospital.

 

So she went to a café for a cup of coffee and buys some to eat while driving to the hospital.

 

After buying coffee and some sandwiches, she opened the door using her other hand holding a pack of sandwiches while she holds the coffee on the other and went out of the café.

 

Just like a normal morning, she smells and feels the morning breeze on her skin. “Such a nice day~” Wendy smiled to herself.

 

Suddenly, she felt someone’s shoulder hit her causing her to spill the cup of coffee on her white polo.

 

“Oh my Gosh! Aish~! Yah! Come back here! Don’t you have manners! It’s not right to run on the sidewalk. Yah!” Wendy shouts at the girl and gets her handkerchief and wipes the spilled coffee on her white polo.

 

The girl, a high school girl, stopped and turned her head to Wendy’s direction and bowed to her. “I’m so sorry miss. I didn’t mean it. It’s just I’m late-“ Then snap herself back and just bowed again to Wendy then started to run again.

 

“Yah! YOU-! Come back-! Yah! Aish~” Wendy panicked and remembered she have to go to the hospital.

 

Her good mood turns so bad. It’s her first day today and she has to look presentable and nice.

 

She quickly went to a near boutique and changed her clothes quickly.

 

Then she get in her car and started to drive before she got late for work.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Joy nods then taps Wendy’s shoulder. “That was really not a good start”

 

Wendy sighed. “Yeah right”

 

*Ting*

 

The elevator doors opened and the two Doctors came out and walked to their respective offices.

 

“See you in a while Wendy. I forgot to introduce you to our team. So I’ll call you later” Joy smiled.

 

“Okay. See yah” Wendy opened up the door.

 

“Oh by the way! Cheer up! There are more reasons for you to smile” Joy cheered Wendy before getting in to her office.

 

Wendy shakes her head and just smiled to Joy.

 

_

 

“Ehem! Guys can I have your attention for a while please? ” Joy interrupted the busy staffs and doctors on Neurology Department.

They stopped for a while and looked at Dr. Joy.

“So guys I know you already heard the famous Doctor from Canada who will join us today” Joy said.

 

The staffs and doctors of Neurology just nod on her.

 

“So guys~ I now introduce to you the famous Doctor from Canada! Dr. Son, please come join us!” Joy excitedly said.

 

Wendy enters shyly. Then she gently hit Joy’s shoulder causing Joy to giggle.

 

“Please be nice to her okay?” Joy steps aside and points her hand in front for her to move forward.

 

Wendy smiled and started to talk. “Hello. I’m Dr. Wendy Son. It was nice meeting you. I will do my very best as part of this department. Please take care of me well. Thank you!” Wendy bowed to them.

 

They clapped their hand and happily cheered on her.

 

Joy who also clapped with them smiled and put her hand on Wendy’s shoulder. “So Wendy let’s start working!” said with eye smiled at Wendy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter