Jealousy?

Fall Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After their "date" with Yeri and Seulgi's birthday surprise, Wendy and Irene got closer. Both sending messages and voice clips from morning till both of them fell asleep at night. The happiness on Wendy's eyes reflects as she keep on smiling at work which her bestfriend Joy noticed all the time.

Wendy's smile was as bright as the ray of sun shining through her glass window while reading Irene's message for her then Joy slightly poked her that made her jump in surprise. "Ehem~ so who are you texting now? Who makes this little hamster smile like the happiest girl in the world?" Joy sat on the chair in front of Wendy's table and raised her eyebrows several times.

Wendy only return a smile at her from ear to ear then stick out her tongue. "I won't tell and I will never ever tell you" Joy shrugged her shoulder. "Okay~" then she quickly snatched Wendy's phone and stood up from her seat then looked at the messages. The older girl tried to get her phone again but she failed the fact that Joy was taller than her. "Ughh Joy! GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!" Wendy pouts her lips while still trying to get her phone from her bestfriend but Joy then raised her hand so the shorter girl won't reach it. "Wow you and Ms. Irene huh..what's with you two? Are you officially dating? Coz if yes.. You're a freaking lucky girl Wen~ " Joy grinned then give Wendy's phone back to her.

Wendy's face flashes red tints and held her phone tightly then hides it on her pant's pocket. "We're friends Joy. Just friends"

Joy shrugged her shoulder. "Okay. Friends. Yeah right." She said then rolled her eyes. "Don't you like her? I mean God~ you're blind if you didn't see her being a Goddess living on Earth" Joy sat again on the chair in front of Wendy.

"I know I know. But we're really just good friends Joy. I can't--" Wendy's phone rings, her heart beat raised twice as her normal heartbeat she stared at her phone with her eyes widened being nervous on how she'll respond once she answered the call though she actually talks to this person every day.

Joy raised her eyebrow in confusion. "Hey! Aren't you gonna answer that call little hamster?" She said as she rolled her eyes.

 Wendy snapped back and quickly answers the call. "Uh-hello..Joohyun..what's up?" Wendy stood up from her seat and scratches the back of her head.

 Joy sees the pink blush on Wendy's face while talking on the phone. She smirks at her best friend then snatched again the phone from Wendy. "Hi Ms. Irene!" Joy excitedly greeted her.

"Oh Dr. Park hello? Where's Wendy?" Hearing Irene's voice Joy chuckled on the girl being surprised. Joy looked at her bestfriend's annoyed face while crossing her arms. "Uhh..she's here just few steps away from me. And she's blushing right now." Joy laughs.

Wendy on the side widened her eyes and kept running around. "And she even run around here. She's going crazy right now.hahaha" Joy teasing her bestfriend that made the girl on the other line laugh.

 

"Really? Sad I can't see how cute she was right now" Irene giggled. "Uhh~ Can I talk to her now Dr. Park? I have to tell something important to her"

Joy smiled "Okay roger that Ms. President" she turned her look to her bestfriend and moves her head up and handed the phone to her bestfriend. Wendy quickly grabs the phone. "Uhh..hello? Sorry about JOY. Hmm..why did you call again?" She said while silently mumbled at her bestfriend raising her fist.

"Oh about that, can we just talk about it later? Hmm..maybe on the cafe near here, is that okay with you?" Irene sounds a bit shy.

Wendy was biting the nail on her thumb. "T-that's fine. Of course! Hmm..what time?" She can sense the smile on the girl on the other line. "How about after your duty? I don't want to interrupt you with your work" Wendy smiled from ear to ear after hearing the girl's sweet charming voice. "Okay. So see you after my duty?" Joy raised her eyebrows and grins after hearing what her bestfriend said. "Okay. Have a great day ahead Wendy" Wendy smiled and blushed. "You too Joohyun. Bye" She ended the call and just stood up on her place then smiled with a pinkish face.

"So....you two will have a DATE later?" Joy nods and walks beside her bestfriend. "What?- no! She has to tell me something important that's it!" Wendy tries to hide the blush on her face. Joy hand cupped her bestfriend’s face and squishes it. "I-am-not-a-fool-Seung-wan" she said with her eyes looking straight at the older girl's brown eyes.  Wendy get off Joy's hand on her face then glare at her. "Don't call me Seungwan again Park Sooyoung. Only my mom would call me that"

Joy grinned with a joker face. "Son Seungwan~ Son Seungwan~ Seungwan~" She teased while cutely dancing. Wendy furrowed and hit her bestfriends arm. "Aww..you're so violent Seungwan" Joy massages her arm. "One more Seungwan I’ll give you one on your face” Wendy aims on punching Joy.  The taller girl just laughed at her. “I know you won’t do that, you love me that much Wen haha” Wendy also laughed at the girl’s statement coz' it was actually true. “You’re really silly Joy. Come on. Let’s go back to work. Please lock the door” Joy shrugs then followed Wendy who walks outside her office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Spring season is getting near, flower buds starts to bloom, trees were getting green, and the breeze of the wind were refreshing. The sun shines brightly giving the people a bright and warm feeling. Some of the patients were outside specifically on the hospital garden wanting to feel the warm breeze of the wind to their skin. The smile on their faces gives Irene the feeling of satisfaction on the hospital's service which made her feel she already achieved what her father wants her to do.

 

Irene smiles warmly on every patient she passed by "I am truly happy and satisfied on what I am seeing now Seul~" The taller girl smiled at her bestfriend who walks beside her on the garden. "This is because of all your effort and dedication Hyun. You've work so hard for this to happen"

 

The older girl stopped from walking and sat on the bench were Seulgi usually stay (with Joy) during her break. Seulgi followed then closed her eyes feeling the nature's relaxing ambiance. "You know why I've worked so hard for this Seul, I even changed myself, my old self after father's accident"

 

Irene looked up and stared at the wide clear blue sky, which reminds her of Wendy. Her eyes were filled with of happiness and love, from her family and friends. "I only had one last wish Seul. I can see it clearly, I am waiting for a very long time for that very moment, my dream, my fantasy, my everything, my...." She sweetly smiled to herself.

 

 "When are you going to..uhh.." Seulgi were stopped from talking. "Soon..I will not waste time anymore..I've got too many chances now Seul, I don't want to waste that"

 

 Seulgi nods and pats on her bestfriend’s shoulder "You know I'll always be here if you need my help Hyun. I'll do anything for my bestfriend's happiness" she said showing her famous bear smile.

 

Irene giggled at Seulgi's facial expression. "You're too cute Seul, how can Dr. Park handle that cuteness of yours?"

 

"Well..it's because I'm cuter not to mention prettier than her Ms. President" Both Seulgi and Irene turned their heads on the voice direction.

 

"Oh hi Dr. Park~ nice to see you here" Irene slightly bowed to Joy then noticed she's with someone, Wendy.

 

Seulgi glare at her girlfriend. Joy chuckled at her girlfriend's reaction. "Oh I was only kidding Cute Bear Secretary. I miss you" she winked at her and sweetly smiled. "I hate you.." Seulgi looked away and crossed her arms. Joy quickly ran to her girlfriend's side.

 

Irene just simply laughs at them then suddenly turned her look on Wendy who bowed at her and shyly smiled. She also bowed and sweetly smiled at her then she stood up from her seat. Seulgi looked up at her bestfriend with her eyebrows raised. "Where are you going Hyun? Don't leave me with this annoying person" she tried to stand up but stopped when Joy grabs her hand. "Sweetie, don't leave this person who loves you with all her heart and soul" then kissed her lover's hand who blushed flashing red all over her face.

 

"Well, we'll leave both you here Romeo and Juliet. Come on Wendy let's go somewhere else" The older girl grabs Wendy's hand and started to walk away from Seulgi and Joy who's having some cute little fights like every lovers does.

 

Wendy shakes her heads and followed Irene behind, staring at her hand held by the girl who raises her heart beat with every single moment she's with her. After years of pain and sorrow she had felt, this was the feeling she missed, this warm feeling she felt even before she met Mark.  It was nostlagic, she doesn’t know why but she felt this already happened in the past.

 

"Sorry I have to snatch you away from your bestfriend, just want them to have time for themselves" The girl giggled then released her hand. Wendy quite felt sad but she just shook her head and smiled to the girl beside her. "It's okay I actually don't know why Joy brought me with her. So..uhm.. how you doing?" Wendy felt nervous when Irene turned her head and look at her.

 

Her smile was as beautiful as a Godddess like Joy described her. Again her heart beat raised. "Hmm..doing good, I've successfully discussed everything with the stockholders. How 'bout you Wendy?" Wendy blinks her eyes before she respond to her "Uhh--doing fine a-also..my patients were doing good. I'm happy they are willing and motivated to get well" she smiled at the girl beside her.

 

Wendy saw a vacant bench where the two of them can sit. "Oh there's a vacant bench there let's just stay there and rest" she extent her arm ushering Irene to sit at the bench. The older girl just smile at her and sat down. She gently taps the seat on her side asking Wendy to sit beside her. Wendy followed the girl. "I guess we can talk about what I've mention on you earlier here. Is that okay with you? I mean are you planning to go back--" she stopped from talking. "It's fine, I'm actually done with my work today so it's fine" Wendy shrugged and smile at her. "I see that's great then. So, about what I've told you earlier. Remember I ask you to come with me when I plan to go and visit my family in Canada and you agreed" Wendy nods at Irene.

 

"Well, I was planning to visit my family two weeks from now, a surprise visit. Are you free by that time?" The younger girl blinks her eyes then sweetly smiled at Irene. "I've already said I'll find a way to come with you right? I can fix my sched so I can come with you. Uhm..how long are we gonna stay there so I can advise my patients earlier" Irene shyly look at Wendy.

 

"Hmmm..is it okay with you if we stay there for a week? If not 3 days is enough. I really just want to see my family" Wendy pats Irene head "That's fine. I can ask Joy to cover me up while I'm not around. I'm sure she won't say no, if she does I'll smack her ‘til she agree with that haha" Irene laughed at Wendy. "Thank you Wen" She stare at Wendy's brown eyes. It forms a crescent curve. "It's my pleasure Ms. Irene uhh Joohyun I mean hehe"

 

Wendy became shy since the older girl didn't stop from staring at her. Irene smiled and held her hand. There was a current that suddenly flow from Wendy's hand to her heart. Feeling like she ate a lot of butterflies who were now flying around her stomach. She can feel that once she opened there were butterflies that will flew out from her stomach.

 

Wendy unconsciously leans forward to Irene's direction, the older girl blinks her eyes in confusion of what Wendy was doing. Her face was turning red, heart beats so loud like a drum beating so loud. The younger girl's face was now few inches away from Irene's face. Irene closes her eyes as Wendy leans closer and closer.

 

 

"EHEEEMMM~" A familiar voice interrupt which made the two of then jump from their seat. "Oh you have something on your face Joohyun!" Wendy picked up something on Irene's face (though actually there was nothing there). "T-there all gone now hehe" Wendy sat properly pretending nothing happened. The older girl left speechless and also quickly fixed herself.

 

"So..what do we have here huh?" Wendy glared at her bestfriend Joy with Seulgi clinging on her arm. "What?! Did I do something wrong?" Seulgi smack her girlfriends arm. "You know you did something wrong" Joy chuckled and gently pinched her girlfriend's face. "Did I? I'm sorry to interrupt you Ms. President and Wen wen" Joy look at the two girls in front of them and raised her hand. "NO NO that's fine! You've done nothing!" Wendy waved her hand quickly with her face obviously flashing pink tint.

 

Irene stays quiet awkwardly sitting beside Wendy. Joy just laugh at her bestfriend and Irene being awkward on what happened. Seulgi glares at her raising her fist to make her stop. Joy did stop and cleared . Wendy stood up from her seat and did bow 90°at Irene. "I'll go back now Ms. Irene" She didn't wait for Irene's respond and quickly walks back to the hospital. Seulgi signed and told Joy to go with Wendy whom the younger girl obeyed right ahead and run behind Wendy.

 

"Sorry about Joy, you know how silly she was. And... sorry for interrupting-"

 

"I-it's fine. It's nothing Seul" Seulgi nods and sat beside her bestfriend. "Uhh..Did you two just..you know.." Seulgi curiously asked her bestfriend. Irene obviously blushed on her bestfriend's question. "No Seul..she did just removed something on my f-face" Seulgi nods again. "Okay okay" Irene sighed deeply and snapped back to herself. "Seul, can you make a reservation for two on the cafe outside. I've asked Wendy to meet me there after her duty" the taller girl take note of what her bestfriend said. "Okay Hyun, I'll call for it later"

 

"Thanks Seul~ I'll go back to my office now" Irene stood up and started to walk. Seulgi followed her behind.

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Still can't get over on what she did earlier, Wendy keep on sighing and ruining her hair while resting in her office. "It was all your fault SatanJoy UGHH! That was embarrassing Wendy what have you done?! What if- what if- AAHHHHHHH" Wendy keeps on whining like a child she didn't noticed it was already 5:30 pm.

 

*Beeps*

 

Wendy stop from whining and looked at her phone she placed on her table. She leaned on to see who sent message to her. She sighed in relief that it was not Irene but Yeri.

 

"Are you going home early unnie? I'll cook dinner for you ^^ -Yerimmie ^.~" Wendy smiled and picked up her phone to reply on Yeri's message. Suddenly..

 

*Beeps*

 

Another message was sent to her. She startled after seeing the name of the sender and quickly placed again her phone on the table and started to panic. Ruining her hair again, covering her face being ashamed but then she stopped and realized maybe she was over reacting. She turned her look again on her phone and slowly pressed the home key showing a message from the name "Joohyun-ssi". She slides the screen of her phone to open the message. Wendy shuts her eyes and slowly opens her left eye to see what's written on the message.

 

"Hi! I was wondering if you're already done with your duty. Hmm..I'll just wait for you in the cafe. See you there Wendy - Joohyun" Wendy blinks her eyes several times. She expected Irene would ask or scold her on what happened earlier but she didn't.

 

She then remembered that she'll meet Irene in the cafe near the hospital after her duty. "Oh my-"she removed her white lab gown and picked up her black trench coat, tied up her blonde hair, puts some powder on her face and shades a light red lipstick on her lips. She then quickly get her shoulder bag, key of her office her phone on her table, locked up her office  and quickly runs on the elevator.

 

 Pressing the elevator's down button someone pokes on her waist. "Oh my gosh!" Wendy turned her head to see who did that to her and surprisingly saw Seulgi smiling like bear at her. "Dr. Son, can I ask a favor?" Wendy nods at her while holding her chest. "Wendy, Of course what is it Ms. Seulgi?" Seulgi chuckled and handed a folder at the shorter girl. "I know you and Ms. Irene will meet now, can you please give her this file? It's important. She forgot to bring this coz' she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter