Bumps in the Road

Never Don't Mind About a Thing [editing/revising/changing plot a little]

~~~

A/N: okay so I’m new to writing this stuff, but I think some of the stuff that I wrote might be triggers..... so just a FYI-  (it’s about bullying). If you don’t want to or don’t like to read stuff like that- it’s ok (and im sorry).

There’s some like cute-ish stuff at the end, so just scroll until you see the pink ****, and you’re good :) :) :)

Thanks for reading!!! :) {29 subscribers!! That’s 29 more than i thought i would get!!!}

<3 you guys

~~~~~

“Well it if isn’t Sehun” the familiar voice made Sehun’s stomach drop into this stomach, “what are your little fangirls going to say when they figure out that over the summer you turned gay, and got yourself a boyfriend”

Sehun tried to ignore the rude voice but he felt a hand on his shoulder and he was rudely turned around,

“ignoring your elders now huh?” Sehun gritted his teeth when he finally came face to face with his worst enemy- Suming (A/N: just a name I made up, I hope I didn’t make a wonderful kpop boy a jerk)  

“I thought you were the straightest boy I knew” Suming chuckled and shoved Sehun into the lockers, the boys who followed Sam around cracked his knuckles.

“Suming, get away from me” was all Sehun said, but Suming didn’t back down,

“sorry boy, I don’t take commands from a fa-”

~~~~~

flashback

“-got, that’s what you are!” Sehun could hear his parents imply that, it was also what all the boys at his school called the gay boys at his school. He even used that ugly word once, to prove he was straight.

But that was 2 months ago

This isn’t me.

I don’t like girls.

I like boys.

I have for most of my life.

“get a girlfriend or get out” Sehun could hear his dad’s ultimatum replaying over and over in his head.  

I’m done with this.

If I get bullied, so be it.

I’m done.

~~~~~
Sehun winced as his shoulder blades slammed into the locker door and clenched his jaw when it sent a wave of down his arm.

“It’s disgusting” Suming continued, “how can you love men?”

Have you seen Luhan?

Sehun just glared at Suming.

“no protests?” Suming snarled, “maybe a good beating will man you up, help you think straight”

“nothing’s going to change me” Sehun finally snapped back

“we’ll see about that”

-

Luhan was enjoying his free period. He’d finished all his homework, and was now just waiting around for football practice.

I wonder what Sehun’s doing.

Luhan wandered through the empty halls, while he scrolled through his music to find the next appropriate song. After finding a new song, he hummed along to it, and did a little dance along with.

He finally walked down into Lower Quad A (his school was split into 4 Quads, and it was 2 stories high) toward his locker. Right before he was going to round the corner he heard voices.

“-a good beating will man you up, help you think straight”

Luhan tensed up and he stopped walking.

“nothing’s going to change me”

Luhan gasped when he heard Sehun’s voice.

What is going on? Why is Sehun being threatened?

Luhan peaked around the corner and he saw a 4 boys surrounding Sehun.

Oh no.

Luhan felt himself fill with dread.

Why are they doing this?! It’s only the 1st day of school.

“we’ll see about that”

Then, Luhan watched as the boy threw the first punch- straight into Sehun’s jaw, then one into Sehun’s stomach, and then another one aimed at Sehun’s face.

“STOP IT!” Luhan didn’t know what got into him, Luhan didn’t even know why he did this, but he was sprinting towards them, yelling those words.

-

The first punch was horrible. Sehun felt his head snap to one side and collide with the locker.

This is probably what my family wanted to do to me.

Sehun wanted to fight back, but he just couldn’t.

The second punch knocked the breath of of him.

Someone help me.

“STOP!” a small voice echoed through his thoughts,

Luhan?

Sehun opened his eyes, and saw a small boy with messy hair run toward them.

No, Luhan. Go away! You’re going to get hurt.

Suming and his thugs turn away from Sehun and faced Luhan.

“Stop. it” Luhan stood in front of Suming with a serious facial expression.

“Ah, well if it isn’t Sehun’s gay- ‘friend’” Suming took a step towards Luhan. Luhan didn’t back away, he didn’t even flinch.

“If I didn’t know you any better, I would think you were jealous” Luhan suddenly said. Suming’s face scrunched up,

“you think I’m gay?” Suming angrily whispered as he shifted closer to Luhan.

“Mind your manners Suming” Luhan snapped, “I’m the oldest one here”

Suming looked close to raging,

“I’m going to ask you again-hyung. Did you just imply that I was gay?” Suming’s face was inches away from Luhan.

Sehun watched in awe as Luhan’s lips had twisted into a smirk. Chuckling softly, Luhan leaned in and whispered into Suming’s ear “and I thought only gay boys liked to be so close to me.”

Blink

Blink

Blink

Suming took 1/2 a step back.

Luhan placed a hand on Suming’s shoulder, and gave Suming a venomous smile “why don’t you run along before people start asking why you decided to corner Sehun all alone in the hallway”

******

“Luhan, I can’t believe you” Sehun and Luhan were both sitting on the ground and leaning against the lockers, “you were so scary” Sehun added. Luhan just chuckled weakly,

“I thought he was going to be beat me up too” Luhan mumbled, “I didn’t even think through what I was going to say, I just said it”

“it was hilarious to watch” Sehun said as he laughed

“oh stop it” Luhan pouted as he nudged Sehun’s stomach.

“ouch” Sehun cringed,

“ahhh, I’m sorry” Luhan turned to face Sehun,

“Luhan it’s okay, I’m just playing” Sehun tried to shake off Luhan, who was now trying to see what happened.

“no you’re not Sehun” Luhan had climbed into Sehun’s lap, grabbed and turned Sehun’s face to see what happened, “look, it’s starting to bruise”

“it’s just red” Sehun protested,

“no it’s bruise!”

“no it’s no- ouch!” Sehun recoiled when Luhan pressed lightly on his face

“see?” Luhan gave Sehun a concerned look, and Sehun finally admitted he was in pain.

“it kinda does hurt”

“I’m sorry Sehunnie, it’s all my fault.” Luhan looked down into his lap, “you got beaten up today because of me”

“Hyung, it’s not your fault.” Sehun said as he placed a hand on Luhan’s face and gently turned the sad looking boy toward himself, “it was going to happen anyways.”

Luhan brought his hand up gently to Sehun’s face,

“I know but I still feel bad”

A comforting silence settles between them as the 2 boys stared into eachothers eyes.

“Is there anything I can do to help” Luhan asked quietly,

“there is one thing” Sehun said with a sly smile on his face,

“what is it?” Luhan seemed confused until Sehun raised his eyebrow (Luhan’s face proceeded to turned a beautiful shade of pink). “I- uh, oh, uh.” Luhan stuttered, and averted his eyes.

“Hyung, you’re so cute when you’re flustered” Sehun said, as he lifted Luhan’s chin

“Sehunnie! Stop it or I’m going to-” Luhan felt his mind blank as Sehun’s soft lips touched his.

His lips tasted like chocolate.

Luhan could feel his heart beating out of his chest.

His lips tasted like strawberries.

Sehun never felt so complete.

~♡~♡~♡~