Strawberry Cream

Never Don't Mind About a Thing [editing/revising/changing plot a little]

My favorite kinds of ships include person A who is a sweet cinnamon roll, too good for this world and person B who is somewhat sarcastic and impatient but would tear the world apart to protect person A.

~Anonymous


WOW! 12 chapters already!!! :3

oh and look *points at screen* 54 subs!!! OMG *

-

Why isn’t he responding?

Chen opened his phone up again.

0 new messages.

“Xiumin! What is going on!” Chen whined into an empty room.

Is he upset because of the joke I made today?

Chen stopped pacing around.

“Aish Xiumin, you’re making me act like a 16 year old girl” Chen muttered as he plopped down on a couch in their living room.

“-Chanyeol, that’s not nice” Chen could hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol talking about music, and other stuff. Sometimes there was an awkward silence, followed by Baekhyun giggling.

Where is Xiumin?

Chen lied down on the couch and stared at the TV. He could see a sad boy being reflected back to him on the dark tv screen.

I’m going to wait for Xiumin.

Chen glanced at the clock- it was 9:55 pm.

0 new messages.

-

Xiumin was in an examination room.

“now can you rate your pain on a scale from 1 to 10?” the doctor scribbled something on a clipboard,

“about a 5” Xiumin replied

“okay” the doctor continued to scribble and write down details.

“is my friend ok?” Xiumin asked,

“yes, yes he is” the doctor stated as he put down the clipboard, “but let’s not talk about your friend right now. I need to get an xray of your wrist and knee before we do anything”

gosh darn it.

Xiumin found himself being wheeled to an xray room 5 minutes later.

“doctor- my knee is fine, and my wrist is ok. Can I just go home?” Xiumin pleaded,

“Mr. Kim, your wrist is purple, and you said that something popped in your knee. I do not think you’re in the best condition to go home without a cast and crutches.” the doctor gave Xiumin a stern look,

“it’s just that my boyf- uh- I mean- my friend is waiting for me, and I don’t want him to worry.” Xiumin blurted out, “can I call him?”

The doctor gave Xiumin a look Xiumin couldn’t quite read,

“yes. but be quick about it- I might have to set your wrist”

“thank you, thank you!” Xiumin exclaimed. The nurse who was with them took a cellphone out of a bag with Xiumin’s belongings. Xiumin quickly grabbed the phone and dialed a number he knew like the back of his hand.

“-hello?”

“ah! Chen!” Xiumin nearly screamed,

“AH! XIUMIN!” Chen screamed back, “WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU?”

“Chen, I’m in the hospital” Xiumin quietly mumbled as he looked down at his purple wrist,

“hospital? WHAT” Xiumin could hear other voices in the background, “XIUMIN WHAT HAPPENED?”

“Suming and his thugs were at our scrimmage” Xiumin responded, “Luhan is in worse condition than I am”

“oh god” Chen whispered,

“I’m just calling to tell you about this because I need to get an xray” Xiumin could see the nurse glaring at him to hurry up, “I’ll be home late- so don’t wait for me”

“AISH XIUMIN” Chen screamed, “I’m coming to the hospital right now”

“Chen, you don’t have to!” Xiumin exclaimed,

“I’m your BOYFRIEND! So this is my job!” Chen whined, “also- Baekhyun and Chanyeol are coming too”

“alright” Xiumin responded quietly and looked down at himself.

I’m only wearing a hospital gown

“I’ll be there soon!” Chen responded

“alright” Xiumin paused, “thank you so much Chen.”

“Aish Xiumin, I love you! I’ll be there soon”

“I love you too” Xiumin responded

-

(30 minutes later)

Xiumin was wheeled out of urgent care by Chen- they were followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“did you see Luhan?” Baekhyun was crying, “his face- oh my god that must’ve been horrible”

“Baekhyun, the doctor said he’s going to be ok, don’t cry now” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a hug,

“it’s my fault” Xiumin who had been quiet until now finally spoke up, “if I hadn’t asked him to be my scrimmage buddy-”

“AISH- you guys need to stop” Chen who had been driving shattered the silence with his loud voice, “it’s no one’s fault! We had no idea Suming would be this twisted, and we had no idea that Suming was going to try to beat up Luhan”

the car was silent,

“so let’s just focus on right now” Chen continued as they pulled into the driveway of their home, “let’s get this house cleaned up for Luhan’s return”

~~~~

(2 days later)

“I got the decorations up” Chanyeol walked into the kitchen with a proud smile on his face. His hair was tousled and haphazardly tucked into a beanie.

“thank you!” Xiumin, Chen, and Baekhyun replied at the same time.

Chanyeol looked around at the the other 3 boys who had their heads down, and were working hard on making food.

“the icing matched your clothes” Chanyeol pointed out as he sat next to Baekhyun and ruffled the other boy’s silver hair. Baekhyun smiled and plopped some pink icing on Chanyeol’s nose.

“ah!” Chanyeol crinkled his nose “Baekhyun!”

“kkaebsong” Baekhyun replied sarcastically, and Chanyeol frowned

“alrighty you 2 love birds, I know you guys love each other, but please- save the icing for Luhan” Chen teased,

“at least we’re not making out infront of everyone” Baekhyun shot back,

“I’m just giving the poor injured boy what he wants” Chen winked at Xiumin, who blushed a deep  red.

Baekhyun looke sideways at Chanyeol who had been staring at him

“ah! Baekhyun- can I-” Chanyeol leaned in really close to Baekhyun, and at the same time reached for a cookie,

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol’s small movement, and in a flash- Chanyeol was not only not given a kiss, but he was also rewarded with a slap,

“you’re going to have to wait” Baekhyun frowned refering to both the kiss and the cookies,

“Baekhyunnnnn” Chanyeol tried to apologize

“-also- they’re color coded, and specially decorated! If you eat one, I’m going to have to make another one!” Baekhyun cut Chanyeol off

“alright” Chanyeol tried not to laugh at Baekhyun’s frustrated expression, “I’ll let you get back to that”

An awkward silence settles in the kitchen

“Soooo, do you think Luhan would like strawberry or chocolate ice cream?” Chen asked as he opened up the fridge,

“he’ll eat both” Xiumin replied as he carefully placed decorations on the cake, “well, he’ll eat the strawberry one for sure, but I know he’s going to get some off of Sehun. Their lips are always glued together”

Bakehyun and Chanyeol looked at eachother again.

“do you think Luhan will like this?” Baekhyun looked away from Chanyeol and held up his decorated cookies,

“yes- yes he will” Xiumin replied again. He had noticed the tension between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol had gotten up and was rummaging through the fridge for something to eat when his eyes found the assortment of fruits, “hyung, can I make smoothies?”

“oohh!” Baekhyun perked up, “make smoothies!”

But at this point in time, Xiumin and Chen were too busy smearing icing on each other’s faces to notice,

hypocrites

“bruh, if you make smoothies-what about this!” the 4 boys turned towards the new voice,

“Kai!” Chanyeol ran over and gave the other dark haired boy a manly nudge in the shoulder

“I got bubble tea, because Sehun hasn’t had it in like 2 days” Kai lifts up the thing he was carrying, “I got one of every flavor they had this morning”

“we can have smoothies and bubble tea” Baekhyun stated innocently,

“yeah!” Chen screamed “the more the better!”

“I’m okay with it” Xiumin smiled up at Kai

“as long as you guys don’t waste these bubble teas” Kai replied,

“OMG- we will never!” Baekhyun squealed, “CHANYEOLLIE, please make smoothies!”

Kai shook his head at the other boys as he set down the bubble teas,

no wonder Sehun like being around Luhan’s squad- they bring smiles everywhere they go.

“how about a kiss before I-” Chanyeol’s grumbles were interrupted when Baekhyun’s sugary lips collided with his. “Alrighty, smoothies” Chanyeol beamed after the 2 kissing boys separated.

“you go boy” Baekhyun winked,

“let’s keep it pg 13 please” Kai muttered, “all this PDA is just too much”

my friend, once Luhan and Sehun are here- it’s about get a whole lot worse” Chanyeol stated,

“aish, you guys just can’t go a few hours without sticking your tongues in each other mouths huh?”

“nah man”

-

(meanwhile at the hospital)

“Sehun, you don’t have to” Luhan protested as Sehun wheeled him out of the hospital,

“Luhan, you got your face punched like a billion times, and you have a broken arm.” Sehun stated, “you’re staying in this wheelchair for now”

The doors to the hospital opened, and a blast of cold air hit Luhan in the face. Sehun saw Luhan shiver,

“oh, darn- how could I forget your jacket!” Sehun kicked himself mentally for not bringing Luhan’s favorite little coat,

“I’m okay, it’s not that bad” Luhan’s teeth chattered, “the car will be here so-” Luhan got cut off when Sehun wrapped his huge ski jacket around Luhan.

“there we go” Sehun smiled down at Luhan, who was now looked like a little puffy pillow,

“Sehunnie you’re going to be cold!” Luhan protested,

“aish Luhan- I have a cashmere sweater on! I’ll be ok!” Sehun zipped the jacket up on Luhan, and gave him a little peck on his forehead, “it looks better on you anyways”

“Oh Sehun” Luhan pulled Sehun towards him and plants a big kiss on the tall boy’s lips, “I love you so much you know that right?”

Sehun smiled “who wouldn’t?”

smack

“aish-Luhan it was just a joke” Sehun exclaimed, and Luhan pouted,

“Luhan, my little dear” Sehun looked into Luhan’s chocolatey brown eyes, “I love you more”

-

ding dong

“AH! GUYS THEY’RE HERE!” Baekhyun screamed as he and Chanyeol ran to get the door. Kai and D.O- who was invited by Chanyeol- sat on the couch, while Xiumin and Chen stood (in Xiumin’s case- sat) by the kitchen.

“LUHAN! WELCOME BACK!” everyone laughed at Bakehyun’s scream,

“Baekhyun!!” Luhan squealed back, “why are you here?”

“come here!” Baekhyun hip bumped Sehun aside, “lemme borrow your boyfriend for a minute” and wheeled Luhan into the living room.

Sehun just chuckled and gave Chanyeol a hug,

“how are you man?” Chanyeol asked,

“I’m good now” Sehun responded,

“good good” Chanyeol responded, “now come with me or you’re going to miss your boyfriend freak out about what we did”

“OH MY GOD!” Sehun smiled when he heard Luhan’s little voice, “HOW DID YOU GUYS DO THIS!”

-

Luhan was absolutely amazed. There were decorations all over the wall, little words and cards from friends who wouldn’t make it to the welcome back party were stuck onto the tea green walls; bubble letters of Get well soon were around every which way, and the best part was the food.

On the 1st table, in the kitchen, there were plates of cookies, different kinds of pastries, new year’s cake (niangao), and a huge cake. The 2nd table in the living room had boxes of candy, pepero snacks, and all of Luhan’s favorite little chinese snacks. The 3rd table (which was right next to the 2nd one) had a bunch of homemade meals that Luhan enjoyed. Luhan looked from the tables to his friends. Xiumin was in a wheelchair with Chen on his lap, both of the boys were wearing sky blue shirts and dark jeans. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, both of them wearing dark colors, were standing next to the tables their hands intertwined. Kai and D.O, who were cuddling on the couch turned and smiled at Luhan. And finally Sehun, who was standing next to Luhan, gave Luhan a small smile.

“oh guys” Luhan felt himself tearing up,

“AISH LUHAN!” Chen whined “don’t cry! if you do we’re all going to cry”

Chanyeol looked at Kai who looked at Sehun who looked at D.O

Uh oh.

“you guys are too nice” Luhan whispered, “I don’t even know what to sa-” Luhan’s voice cracked,

“Luhan, it’s okay” Xiumin had wheeled up to Luhan, “you don’t have to say anything”

“just enjoy all of this!” Baekhyun exclaimed (and sniffled a tiny bit),

“ok” Luhan wiped away his tears and looked at the other 7 boys “let’s get this party started!”

“yah!” Chanyeol rushed to the kitchen to grab plates and utensils for everyone. Xiumin gave Luhan a small hug, and Chen started to tell Luhan about all the drama he missed.

“Sehun!” Kai, who had just previously said something to make D.O blush a dark red, pointed towards the kitchen “you might want to check the fridge”

Sehun made a bee-line for the fridge,

“OMG- YOU GOT THE CHOCOLATE ONES?!” Sehun screamed

“yes, Sehun” Kai rolled his eyes, “it’s not like you tell me you want chocolate bubble tea every day or anything”

-

“these are so good” Luhan was on his 8th piece of new year’s cake,

“who knew such a small person could eat so much!” Sehun pinched Luhan’s cheeks,

“He’s eaten more after a soccer tournament” Xiumin teased,

“He literally cleans the fridge out!” Chen laughed

“at least I’m not drinking my 4th bubble tea” Luhan shot back, “you’re drinking it like water”

“it’s chocolate bubble tea” Sehun explained, “in a way- it is my water”

“you’re going to get fat from all this bubble tea”

“so are you! Look at you! You’re on your 4th plate of food!”

“oh shut up!” Luhan angrily stuffed a small pastry in his mouth and glared at Sehun. The 2 boys stayed like that for a few minutes. Luhan swallowed his food, and his face softened. Sehun who had been holding his breath, finally exhaled.

“alright, I’m sorry” both of them responded at the same time,

“ah come here Luhan” Sehun pulled the other injured boy towards him and planted a wet kiss on Luhan’s mouth.

He tastes like chocolate.

While the two boys were going at it, Kai unwillingly handed a 20 to Chen.

“I told you- they couldn’t go for more than 45 minutes” Chen whispered,

“okay okay- you win” Kai rolled his eyes.

They 8 boys couldn’t be happier

-

12:00 am

As Sehun carried Luhan up to his room bridal style, he hummed a little song. Luhan smiled and planted little kissed on Sehun’s jaw.

“wo ai ni” Luhan muttered, as Sehun opened the door to Luhan’s room.

“huh?” Sehun didn’t understand what Luhan said,

“Wo ai ni!” Luhan repeated, “it’s chinese for ‘I love you’”

“ah” Sehun’s lips twitched into a smile, “well- wo ai ni more” he said as he placed a hand on Luhan’s little face. Luhan, who didn’t anticipate the touch, jumped a little.

“your hands are so cold” Luhan place his hand on Sehun’s,

“it’s ok” Sehun murmured as he brought his other hand up to trace Luhan’s features. Sehun’s finger glided along Luhan’s fair skin, across his cheekbones, swirled around his cheeks, grazed his plump lips, and stopped there. “I’ll have you to keep me warm right?” Sehun whispered.

“yes. yes I will” Luhan’s eyelashes fluttered, and he could feel his cheeks get warm.

Sehun looked into Luhan’s dark brown eyes, and Luhan looked into Sehun’s beautiful eyes.

I could kiss you forever.

“Sehun, I-” Luhan started to say, but Sehun just smile and gently place his lips onto the other boys’ lips.

“I know” Sehun mumbled into the kiss, “I know”

His lips tasted like Strawberry cream.

His lips tasted like heaven.

A/N: kkaeb song~ and you thought I was going to write ;)... haha jk- i would never. probably because i can’t write to save my life. hehe

well thanks for reading.

it might be a while before I update again- school’s killing me, and all my extracurriculars are too.

 

Thanks for reading! AND thank you to the 56 lovely people who subscribed to this story!

<3 you guys!

~Wenwen

 

AND ALSO- a short epilogue:

“how are you going to get home?” Luhan mumbled,

“I’ll just sleep on your couch” Sehun responded, “it’s going to take too long to get home anyways”

Luhan was quiet for once.

“Luhan, if you want me to go home- I will. But let me just-” Sehun turned around, expecting to find a concerned Luhan, but instead- he was looking down the sleeping figure of Luhan.

“aish Luhan” Sehun exclaimed for the 45th time this week, “can’t even stay up past midnight”

Sehun bent down and scooped Luhan up into his arms. The smaller boy was mumbling incoherently, and Sehun felt himself laugh when his name was mentioned a few times. Sehun turned off the bright lights, and tucked Luhan into the snow white sheets.

“Luhan, you’re so beautiful” Sehun muttered as he soaked in all the details about Luhan.

His newly dyed hair making his skin pale like the sheets.

His delicate fingers tangled with Sehun’s fingers.

His little lips puckered up when ever he slept peacefully.

His little smile when Sehun pulled him into an embrace.

Sehun gently touched the bruises on Luhan’s face. The bruises on his face didn’t make him ugly, in a way they made him more beautiful.

Sehun got up to go sleep on the couch, but Luhan held onto his hand.

“Sehunnie, don’t leave”

Sehun stopped in his tracks.

Sehunnie don’t leave.

A ghost of a smile twitched onto Sehun’s face, and Sehun slid into the bed, and got under the sheets. Luhan, sensing the warmth of Sehun, snuggled into Sehun.

So cute.

Sehun place a small kiss on Luhan’s face, which made the small boy mumble again.

As a comforting silence settled in the room and around the house, Sehun could feel his eyes getting heavier and heaver. But before he felt himself drift off- he pulled Luhan closer too him.

Sehunnie don’t leave.

“I will never” Sehun whispered into Luhan’s ear, “Never”