Chapter 7

Before My Eyes

I’ve been waiting for him in hours.

 

I am here, inside Incheon Airport, with Yoongi oppa, waiting for Namjoon oppa. I stood up, bored, and moved my coat tighter before starting to walk back and forth. Three hours and still we’re waiting. Jimin had said we should just wait in the house because Namjoon oppa’s arrival here will be at 5pm, but Yoongi insisted that we should go early. And so we did. But now we’re waiting for three unbearable hours.

 

                                                                  

“Would you sit down, Sunhee?”

 

“I’m bored.” I continued to walk back and forth but in one second he’s holding my shoulders and escorting me back to the bench. He gave me his phone. I just looked at it.

 

“It has games, play with it. I’m going to get some coffee.” He then went to grab some coffee but I just continued to stare at his phone.

 

 

After a minute he came back with canned coffees in his hands. He opened one and lend it for me, and did the same for himself. I drank before it became cold, and then gave back his phone.

 

 

“It has passcode.” I said, and stared in the open air, still holding the can with my two hands.

 

 

And then suddenly it all happened. I saw Namjoon oppa walking to us as if he’s the only person in this airport. His head held high, his dimples shown as he smiled and his posture is so confident I’m sure the ladies in Wellington can’t get enough of him. Not that it matters, I know he’s not interested on them. I trust him.

 

And I love him.

 

 

“Sunhee!” I am already standing up when he called my name, and when I’m in front of him I hopped and hugged him, nuzzling his scent and closing my eyes. God, I missed this smell. “I missed you.” I felt his hand holding my waist, and his breath on my neck. And it sent shivers down my spine.

 

I went down and he kissed me on my forehead. “I missed you too.” I replied, smiling, and he smiled back.

 

--

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Namjoon.” He bowed at my roommates and smiled before sitting on the floor beside me. Then he smiled shyly at me.

 

“What’s that?” I nudged him while smiling too. He shook his head.

 

“Aigoo, you cheesy people stop it.” Taehee complained but when I looked at her she’s smiling too.

 

“Yah, Taehee, I’ve been gulping down your sweetness with Taehyung without any complaint and so you should.” I protested but she just laughed.

 

“Will you sleep here, hyung?” Taehyung began sitting on his side. I rolled my eyes.

 

“No, I will sleep at my parent’s house.” Namjoon oppa smiled politely.

 

 

Other polite questions are raised to Namjoon oppa, like the great choice of his clothes, the weather in New Zealand, his studies and the such, until Jimin spoke.

 

 

“But how did you meet Sunhee?” Suddenly all the smiles are gone and all are looking at Jimin as he dropped the bomb. I saw Yohee nudging him, but it was too late.

 

“Well…” Namjoon oppa breathed, “She met me in a university in New Zealand where we both studied. But I met her in a restaurant --”

 

“I didn’t know that!” I butted in, but he just chuckled and held my hand.

 

“Yeah, I know.” He replied before facing my roommates. “So that was it. I saw her in a restaurant with a girl but since she was with someone I didn’t bother introducing myself. But I can’t stop thinking about her after that. When I saw her again in our university library, I started to think it was… destiny. So I introduced myself, and she did the same, and we became friends… and that’s the start.” He wasn’t lying when he said he saw me in a restaurant with a girl. I was always eating out with Laila, the owner of the café where I trained myself back in New Zealand.

 

“So… you met there, and she ran away, back here. Now, did you met other girls when Sunhee’s not around?”

 

“Jimin!” I saw Yohee hissed.

 

“No, of course not!” I felt Namjoon oppa’s grip hardened, and that’s the time I glared at Jimin.

 

“I was just asking.” He shrugged.

 

“Well. You’re. Asking. Rude. Questions!” Yohee beat him with a throw-pillow on each word that goes out of . Jimin started to apologize but Yohee continued nagging and throwing him pillows. And then suddenly Jimin started running, and Yohee chased him and the two of them ran up to the second floor. Before I know it, Namjoon oppa is already at ease and laughing at both of them.

 

 

I looked at him and chuckled while shaking my head.

 

Seokjin oppa called us for dinner, and we ate in peace. No other questions were raised about him, or us. Maybe they’re already contented with Namjoon oppa’s answers, or that they’re just afraid to ask because Yoongi oppa is already there.

 

After dinner, Namjoon oppa bade goodbye and I walked him outside our house.

 

 

“Will you visit me again tomorrow?” I asked as we swing our holding hands. He stared at me.

 

“Yeah, maybe.” I looked back. “I mean, I need to enroll at Seoul University tomorrow.”

 

“You’ll study here?”

 

“Yep. So I can be with you.” He smiled widely. “Anyways, any news with your parents?”

 

“I still haven’t seen them. How could I? I still don’t have anything to prove.”

 

“Sunhee.” He stopped and held my shoulders so I can stand in front of him. He looked at me straight into the eyes. “Don’t be so hard on your parents.” I started to open my mouth to say I’m not hard on them, but he cut me. “I know you’d say you’re not. But they are your parents. At least let them know you’re still alive.”

 

“I know they feel I’m still alive. Besides, I’ll talk to them.” I held his two hands and stared back. “I will soon, I promise.”

 

 

I know family’s important to him, maybe more important than me, and I understand. Well, I know what I promised would happen because right now Taehyung is working on some papers to transfer the ownership. Maybe I should bring Namjoon oppa with me when that right time comes.

 

 

“Okay, I’m relieved. I’ll see you tomorrow, I guess?”

 

My thoughts went back on Earth. “I thought you’ll enroll --”

 

“After enrollment.” He smiled and kissed me on the forehead, and bade one last good night.

 

~-~-

 

Jimin and Yohee are already panting after chasing each other and running around the whole house. They magically ended in Yoongi and Jimin’s room. Jimin stared at Yohee as she lied on Yoongi’s bed, ignoring the papers scattered on it and he breathed hard. Surely, he thought, Yoongi would scold him again tomorrow. Not that he cared anyway.

 

 

“If only I had a lot of air in my lungs, I wouldn’t breathe this kind of air in here.” Yohee said, panting. Jimin snorted.

 

“Not that it’s different in the dance studio back in Cube.” He said. She looked at him, studying his thoughts. Since Yohee has been an official dancer of Cube, Jimin had been restless, and Yohee’s feeling it.

 

Sure, she’s thinking that Jimin is jealous of the boys she’s dancing with, idol or non-idol, and she kind of likes the idea. But then she’s so busy liking Bigbang and all, especially Daesung that she doesn’t care about Jimin’s feelings right now. But she doesn’t want to say it out loud because one, she might be hallucinating that Jimin likes her, and two, Jimin’s her housemate and she doesn’t want to hurt him, if what she thinks is true, just because of a person she can’t reach.

 

“Your room doesn’t just smell like men, it also smells like other species is living in here.” She replied instead of picking a fight. Jimin pouted.

 

“That’s ridiculous.”

 

“Yeah I agree. The smell’s ridiculous.” She cringed her nose and Jimin laughed silently. He just loved Yohee’s different facial expression. Yohee smiled after, and that made his day even brighter.

 

“You know Hoseok, right?” Jimin said, trying to change the subject. That seemed effective since Yohee’s expression changed from smiling to being serious.

 

“You’re co-dancer. Why did you ask about him? Did he said he likes me?”

 

“No.” Jimin said in a stern voice. Yohee raised her brows.

 

“Then why say his name?”

 

“I’m just planning to open a dance school with him.”

 

“Dance school?” Yohee sounded betrayed. “But how about JYP?”

 

“The crew can manage without us, I think.” Jimin shrugged but Yohee’s expression did not waver. “And besides, President Park agreed, just in case the plan will carry on.” That didn’t stop Yohee from looking at him like he’s from another world.

 

“It’s just a plan, right?” Yohee asked and Jimin stared at her. Jimin can see an inquiring look on her, though her thoughts are of betrayal, in the back of her head. Jimin must know this is Yohee’s thoughts, after the both of them had gone through this whole time just to get in the companies they are now in.

 


Jimin knows this is Yohee’s only dream, and Yohee thought this is his dream too. And so she strived so hard just for the two of them to get where they are. But sadly Jimin has a different dream, and being a dancer from a well-known company is just a stepping stone. He doesn’t even know Yohee would think they are the same. They aren’t, for goodness’ sake, but then oddly, that frustration makes him like Yohee more. It makes him think she’s thinking about him too, even in a different way. Even an inch.
 

 

And since it breaks his heart to see her sad and frustrated, he just replied, “It’s only a plan.”

 


 

Something's off between Jimin and Yohee isn't it? Well the initial thought is that Jimin likes Yohee, but I think there's more.

And Namjoon's comeback is a bit odd too, don't you think?

 

I won't keep you hanging for too long. Please comment down your thoughts while waiting for the next chapter and thank you for reading everyone!

 

 

bunnyTOP