Chapter 6

Before My Eyes

Taehyung felt so elated after what happened. It’s been two days, and still he can’t get enough. It’ll only take one more happy thought and he’d literally dance like a ballerina.

 

He grinned at me every time I look at him. I just rolled my eyes. After some time, he went near me and did his usual nudging on my arm.

 

 

“Nuna,” He said as he smiled his square mouth of his, “You’d buy this café, right?”
 

 

I stopped washing the mugs and looked at him seriously.

 

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“My father wanted this to stay a café, and you would not demolish it, right?”

 

“Of course I won’t!” I exclaimed and looked at him happily. And then suddenly I frowned again. “I don’t have enough money to pay you right away…” My five million won is safe and intact but then I know it isn’t enough…

 

“Pay me with what you can, and then just invest again when you got your profit. But I really wanted to arrange the papers as soon as possible, so it can be yours.”

 

“Really?” I asked rather excitedly, and he nodded happily too.

 

 

We are just so happy, him getting rid of the café after all, and me, owning it and running it, for Pete’s sake, and showing my parents I’ve taken the right path.

 

And so I hugged him out of sheer impulse, and he hugged me back out of joy, too, when a voice came to the kitchen.

 

 

“Oh my god, what is this?” Sara unni is standing by the door, her pale face became paler and her eyes almost budged out of its sockets. I and Taehyung, on the other hand, pushed each other a little slowly, as if we are used to each other’s hugs.

 

**

 

We headed to the table nearest the kitchen after Sara unni gathered her senses. She strode and sat at the nearest chair with Hyejin unni beside her. I sat at the other end of the table, as well as Taehyung. Hangyun oppa sat in between us as if he was the judge.

 

 

“Are you and Kim sajangnim really in a relationship?” Sara unni started, obviously she’s still hasn’t moved on. I and Taehyung exchanged looks. He looked calm, and so I also tried to be.

 

 

Anyway, they’ll stop suspecting after this, I thought.

 

 

“No.” I replied sternly. Sara unni looked at me incredulously.

 

“I saw you hugging him. Do you really think I’d believe you?” She asked again. Hyejin unni gasped.

 

“They… hugged?”

 

“Yes.” Sara unni replied at her and looked back at me. “So, Lee Sunhee, what is your status?”

 

“Friends.” I replied again. Taehyung stared at me and shook his head.

 

“I and nuna are sharing a house, actually.”

 

“WHAT?!” Even Hangyun oppa cannot believe it. Taehyung must’ve enjoying this, really.

 

“Yes.” Taehyung nodded solemnly. “But we are just friends.”

 

“How could you be friends when you two are living together in the same roof!”

 

“Because --”

 

“Yah Kim Taehyung shut up.” I snapped after being silent. I just can’t enjoy the way Taehyung is enjoying himself. I looked at my three seniors, and their faces became pale as ash as they looked at me. Maybe they are speechless on the way I snapped at their boss. “We’re friends, but we are sharing a house, with other people… including Taehyung’s girlfriend.” I exhaled. Hangyun oppa’s color came back, but the ladies’ shoulders sagged.

 

“Taehyung-ssi has a girlfriend already…” Hyejin unni said weakly. I glanced at Taehyung and he looked a little sad too.

 

“And that’s not me.” I finished what Hyejin unni said. Another moment of silence passed, and suddenly Hangyun oppa clapped his hands.

 

“Okay! Now that it’s settled, let’s do our work! Hurry.” He grabbed Sara unni and Hyejin unni’s arms and repeated, “Hurry.”

 

 

At noon everybody’s at peace again. The girls are calmer now and at ease with me.

 

I worked more happily, knowing that it will be all mine someday, until my phone rang. I smiled more when I saw Namjoon oppa calling.

 

 

“Oppaya, what is it?” I asked rather giddily. I imagined Namjoon oppa smiling.

 

“You seemed happy.” He remarked. “I’m sure my news will make you happier.”

 

“So… What is it?” I repeated, more curiously this time. Namjoon oppa breathed.

 

“I’m going back there next week.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, and I want you to wait me in Incheon.” I smirked.

 

“You don’t have to say that, of course I would wait for you.”