Chapter 11

Before My Eyes

Eight months later.

 

 

Taehyung is exceptionally bully today.

 

He ordered me to wash the dishes, fix the problem with the counter machine, do the math and accounting while watching the CCTV (which I hate very much) and then he let me drive up to Yongin to fetch for the supplies and I'll be doing it all alone because he will take a leave at the afternoon because he has a date with Taehee (please remind me to pull Taehee’s hair later).

 

All alone, yeah.

 

What a happy treat for the Sonic’s anniversary (that will happen 10 days from now).

 

I don't know why I did that though, considering that I am the owner. It's not that I hate taking orders from him. I mean, he was my boss, after all, and he’s still an owner. It's just that I feel that he's only doing it because he wants to bully me (who would've not notice it? He smirks when he sees I'm frowning) and he forgot that he considers me a nuna.

 

I'm heading to Yongin. I'm taking his car (because I don't have one) and he said that if I make a scratch, he'll do the same with the poster of Infinite and Kim Woobin in my room. So as much as I want to really give his car a scratch (or make it explode, for fun's sake), I behaved. I know I'm not a good driver and that I'm clumsy so I tried to drive carefully.

 

After 30 minutes I arrived on a paper cup factory and I personally talked to manager why the hell their delivery is late (we can't risk waiting for their reply on email which is also very late) and that if they can't deliver them by tomorrow we will look for another supplier.

 

Then I went to our coffee bean supplier because they said they have new options of coffee beans and we have to check. Turns out it's more expensive than the regular one but more delicious and aromatic, so I requested for samples for Taehyung to decide too.

 

After a while I stopped on a nearby coffee shop and ate there. It's not as expensive-looking as our cafe, but it seems better because Taehyung is not there. I leisurely sipped my coffee, waiting for nothing, until two couples showing so much PDA walked in and I was forced to go out because it feels so awkward (but I also thought if we were like that... me and Namjoon, I mean).

 

I breathed as I reached the asphalt and check myself on the window of a car nearest to the entrance.

 

"Aish, my face is so messy." I said as I arrange my hair and dabbed my face with my handkerchief. "Get ready Taehyung," I pointed the window like I'm seeing Taehyung there, "I'll nag later until you ran out of ear juice."

 

"Yah, don't talk to the window." When I heard the voice talking, I faced him. Daesung oppa's wearing a crooked smile.

 

"Daesung oppa!" I ran and hugged him, breathless.

 

 

Daesung oppa must be my latest guy friend. We’ve known each other for months already, but now we might really be comfortable with each other that I can’t stop hugging him, and him always insisting that we are on the ‘girl-and-boy best friends’ stage.

 

 

"New car?" I asked him after the hug. He nodded.

 

"You need a ride?"

 

"No, Taehyung lend me his car." I pointed Taehyung's car at the very end. His eyes followed my finger.

 

"Okay. It's like you're doing work."

 

"A lot of work." I replied while I roll my eyes. He smiled and shook his head.

 

"I won't interfere much, then." He said and then he hugged me. "Drive safely."

 

"You too."

 

~-~-

 

Seunghyun is waiting for Daesung to show up so he can drive his new car when a girl looked at the window beside his seat.

 

It was Sunhee on her worse state, the one who badly needs to retouch her makeup, maybe needs clothes that flatters her body, and badly needs hair perming.

 

Seunghyun is thinking of many things how Sunhee can change herself when he suddenly was suddenly caught into Sunhee’s stare. He’s describing her eyes in the back of his mind, eyes with dark, large irises and he didn’t notice that he’s already drawn to her.

 

Well not that Seunghyun is the one to be blamed. Sunhee just entered the scene where a bored man is, and naturally a bored man would be drawn to anything he sees. And will continue to oppose his subconscious, even if his heart is pounding so bad.

 

Seunghyun would normally ignore anyone who would stare from outside his window because one, the one outside won’t see it was him, and second he can’t because there are a lot of times that he is asleep in the care. But right now he can't help but stare back at Sunhee quizzically.

 

What is she saying?

Why is she pointing at me?

Why are her actions amuses me?

Amuses me??

 

 

Finally Daesung came in the scene. It was supposed to be a saving grace, because it looks like Daesung is driving her away. But what surprised him is that he talked to her and hugged her. Seunghyun shifted to his seat uncomfortably and suddenly the girl is walking away. Daesung on the other hand is smiling, now more widely than before, as he went back to driver’s seat.

 

"Who's that?" Seunghyun asked because of pure curiosity, but for Daesung it’s something different. He looked at his hyung and raised his eyebrows.

 

"Oh her? My girl best friend." Girl... best friend? "Why hyung? You can just say you want to meet her." Daesung replied, hinting something, but Seunghyun got it and snorted. Alright, he admitted to himself that she's something, but still he doesn't want to admit it to the world.

 

"No, I want you to drive." Seunghyun said and rested his head on his seat, avoiding to look at Daesung’s crooked and meaningful smile.