Chapter 23

Before My Eyes

It’s been a good Monday morning since I and Taehyung left the house. He’s been looking through all the new recipes for the café all night, and I had to help him find out which is good, because of course I have a part in that café, and besides I believe that sometimes change is good.

 

For that I and Taehyung lack sleep for today but I don’t really feel it. Taehyung drives while smiling, and just watching him takes the stress away. I looked out like a child, smiling on every sight I see.

 

 

“Nuna,” Taehyung interrupted me. I looked at him, a little bit surprised.

 

“What?”

 

“I will take a week break.”

 

“What??” I repeated, more loudly this time. He breathed before pulling the gear.

 

“I will take a week break, I said.”

 

“I heard what you said. What I’m saying is, why do you want a break? And not just one day, but for a whole week!”

 

“Taehee… She wanted us to have a break in her parents’ house in Busan. Well I said yes because we need a quality time together. I mean, you know our situation, right?”

 

 

So this is the reason why he is so happy? Because finally he and Taehee could have a vacation? And besides, he is telling me this not to get a consent, but just to let me know?

 

Aish this man!

 

 

“Fine.” I said without even thinking so much.

 

 

Well, I know Taehyung and Taehee’s very well. Since Taehee got lots of job for being script writer, she’s been spending days out of the house most of the time. Sometimes she won’t go home for two or three days, which really causes Taehyung agitation. Even Yoongi oppa calls her every hour when he’s at home during the night, too.

 

Last night she and Taehyung got a chance to talk again. I am very sure they still love each other though, and Taehee had no other affair while she’s away. Everybody in the house trust her too, and of course I know for myself that she can’t do that to Taehyung.

 

Well as I said Taehee and Taehyung got a pretty long and good talk last night, and when they got home Taehyung had pulled me to the kitchen so we can try new recipes for the café. Like I didn’t know that he feels so giddy because of Taehee and not because he wanted to change the menu. But since I got engrossed to it also, I asked him to change or just add some of what we had made.

 

 

“Thank you nuna!” I heard him say, but I didn’t have a chance to react.

 

 

Maybe later, I could make him treat me with pasta or something more expensive.

 

When we reached the café we started to clean it. After a while Hangyun oppa and Minyoung came to help us, and then we opened it at seven.

 

Since I told the others that Taehyung will take a week break they decided to bully him a bit. Unlike the crewmates that I had a year and months ago, we had no awkward relationship whatsoever. We’re done with that. Hangyun oppa is older than me and so I decided to call him oppa even if I’m on the higher position here in the café. Taehyung insisted on calling me nuna even if we’re on the same age (I’m older than him by months) and was on a higher position than me. Our youngest, Minyoung, is so cheerful and thankfully do not have a secret crush on Taehyung. So yeah, we are that comfortable on bullying Taehyung even if he’s the boss and is not really a bad thing for us.

 

 

“Taehyung-ssi, could you mop the floor? It is so sticky up there.” Hangyun said after I told Taehyung to take the order to the second floor. Taehyung nodded without saying anything, well mainly because he is so happy he’ll get a week break after this day.

 

“And Taehyung oppa, we lack salt. Buy some at the grocery store after.”

 

“Sure!” Taehyung said and happily fetched the mop.

 

“Unni, I think we’re going overboard.” Minyoung tried to tell us to take him subtly, which Hangyun oppa opposed.

 

“Ya Minyoung, can’t you see Taehyung? He’s so happy he don’t know that we’re bullying him.”

 

“Yeah sure, but…”

 

“It’s fine Minyoung. You can stop. And you Hangyun oppa, don’t teach us to bully someone!”

 

“Yah, it’s you who said ―”

 

“Okay okay, I said it alright.” I started laughing and Hangyun oppa shook his head while smirking.

 

“Said what?”

 

“Nothing!” The three of us said in chorus when Taehyung asked. He shrugged, smiled, and continued to second floor like nothing happened.

 

“He’s so funny.” Hangyun oppa said and went back to the kitchen.

 

 

Just after Hangyun went away Seunghyun-ssi came in the café. Maybe because of the mood I stuck smiling at him and cannot take it back. He looked at me with curiosity before saying his order.

 

 

“Two cups dark mocha, hot.” I nodded and punched his order. It’s been days after our late-night dinner and after that he goes here everyday but looks at me like a stranger. Not that I cared but sometimes I wanted to ask him what the matter is. After all, the misunderstanding between us is long gone and we needed to move on, right?

 

 

After all he’s right. We’re both Daesung oppa’s friends and somehow we have to get along, even as acquaintances.

 

But why do he have to treat me like he doesn’t know me at all? He doesn’t even meet my eyes, unlike he was doing back then.

 

After a while Hangyun oppa gave the mocha, and Seunghyun took it with both hands, but didn’t walked out immediately like he usually does these days. He looked at me properly, like he wanted to say a private message and I should somehow decipher it. After a second he stopped and placed the other cup on the counter, in front of me, before going out.

 

 

“Unni, what was that?” Minyoung asked but I ignored her and took the cup.

 

“Minyoung you can drink this.” I gave her the cup before pulling my apron off me. I heard Minyoung say something to me, but I ignored her again and ran to the streets. I saw Seunghyun-ssi walking to a well-tinted celebrity van, and I grabbed his shirt just before he can enter. “What was that?” I asked, hinting not only that cup of mocha but the days he ignored me like I am nothing.

 

He looked at me and raised his brow. “The cup of coffee?” I didn’t answer. “Uh, they say it’ll gonna be cold today. You should drink that to warm you up.”

 

“After ignoring me for days you would suddenly show up and give me a cup of coffee to warm me up?” I asked angrily. He blinked and I saw his Adam’s apple moved up and down, as if gulping.

 

“Sunhee-ssi―”

 

“You’re the weirdest person I know!” I said, although we both know it isn’t true. I am the weirdest person I know, and now’s one of the proofs. It’s weird that I am angry at him, and I don’t know why I am angry at him.

 

 

Maybe because he gave me a cup of coffee when I don’t really want others to spend money for me (aside from my family at the sharehouse of course). Maybe just his whole existence and the fact that he’s friends with Daesung oppa longer than me or the fact the he ignored me for days… Which is weird. Why would I get angry that he ignored me? Him ignoring me is like the best thing that would happen in my life! Like I don’t get to see his face again and won’t experience his haughtiness anymore. But then I still feel angry, period.

 

 

“Well I thought that, you know, you don’t want me bugging you again after a dinner. So I did that.” There’s a hint of smile in his face and right away my hand itched to slap his face.

 

Instead I breathed, hard, before looking at him again. “That’s what I wanted. But suddenly you put a cup of coffee in front of me ―”

 

“I just said the reason”

 

“—like you wanted to treat me to dinner again, or worse be friends with me.” I ignored what he said and just said everything I wanted to say, not minding how irrational they are.

 

 

As a response Sunghyun-ssi laughed. I glared at him, now my hands forming into fists, and suddenly before I can even spank him in the face he stopped and smirked at me.

 

 

“You can’t be serious. Handing you a cup of coffee doesn’t mean I’ll treat you to dinner again. Well that night was a mess but still ―”

 

“Then what does it mean?” I asked seriously. He looked at me, now the humor dancing in his eyes a while ago are gone.

 

“Well… just think what you want to think.” He said before going in. He closed the door and the van zoomed away before I can even protest.

 

 

I thought Seunghyun-ssi was just making fun at me, his victim-of-the-day, but I thought wrong.

 


I'm back with this chapter! Missed you all~

 

Anw, I updated Chapter 22, as promised, with Hoseok and Minhee. Yieee~

 

bunnyTOP