Sorry

Torn

*Flashback*

After his mother passed away, the bright and warm Jiyong slowly turned into someone who was dark and cold. He engaged into numerous fights in school and called himself G-Dragon. He got no friend because most of the kids were afraid of him and some who tried to befriend him only did it for the sake of his money, they ended up in hospital because of that.

Jiyong was in the middle of another awful fight when he felt a strong grip stopped his fist in mid air. He looked over his shoulder and his furious gaze landed on a familiar figure who was looking down at him with a worried look across his face.

"Are you planning to kill that boy?" He asked cautiously while holding Jiyong's hand.

"Are you bored of being alive Dong Youngbae?" Jiyong hissed, eyes staring in resentment toward the other while still straddling above a half beaten boy of his age and grabbing his collar.

"I'm surely not and thank you for remembering my name, it's been a year though" Youngbae said with a smile.

Jiyong yanked his hand away from Youngbae's and released the grip he had on the other boy's collar.

He got up on his feet and his heels to face Youngbae "I owe you once, so this time I let it slide, but next time you'll regret it!" Jiyong spat and walked away.

"Hey! I just got in to this school! Could you show me around?!" Youngbae yelled from behind while trying to catch up with Jiyong.

Youngbae was persistent in his effort to be close with Jiyong and often meddled in Jiyong's fights whenever he went out of control. They ended up throwing fist against each other and surprisingly Youngbae was a good opponent.

"Why do you like to mess with me huh?!" Jiyong yelled as both of them lying on the top of school building, exhausted from the long fight they just had.

"I am not messing with you Jiyong-ah, I am helping you" Youngbae said and let out a sigh.

"Are you kidding me?! You're seriously getting on my nerves and stop calling me with Jiyong, we're not even friends" Jiyong growled and punched the concrete floor, ignoring the pain that came with it.

Youngbae gathered his strength and brought himself up. He walked over to Jiyong that was still lying a few steps away from him and offered him a hand. Jiyong rejected it and got up on his own.

"Just stay away from me" He warned with malice before turning on his heels and walked away.

"You should see the look in your eyes whenever you hit someone Jiyong-ah" Youngbae shouted from behind.

His words made Jiyong stop dead in his tracks "What do you mean?" He asked without looking.

"It obviously pained you, why do you wanna be someone you're not?" Youngbae questioned with softer tone.

Jiyong was caught off guard, he thought that no one would ever realize what he truly felt inside. He created the G-Dragon mask to push people away, he didn't want to feel the same heartache of losing someone he loved again. He always wanted G-Dragon to become his true-self, but it failed miserably.

Jiyong clenched his fists to maintain his composure and resumed his steps, leaving Youngbae behind. He didn't like to admit it, but there was a tinge of happiness engulfing his lonely heart, knowing that someone was able to see the real him behind the cold mask.

12 years later when Jiyong found out about Youngbae's hidden intention he was truly devastated. Losing her mother gave him an immense amount of pain but knowing his only best friend had never sincerely loved him was excruciating. At that very moment he just wanted to scream and unleash the anger and sorrow that suffocated him, because it was just unbearable.

"Youngbae-ah.... losing my mother was really painful to me but at least I know she truly loved me.....but you.....you never really cared about me...I am nothing but a revenge tool right?" He murmured, clenching his aching heart.

Jiyong were laughing at himself while tears were streaming down on his face. He suddenly felt so empty, so unwanted and meaningless.

"If revenge is more important for you, I'll let you have it Youngbae-ah"


Jiyong watched Youngbae's eyes went wide when his eyes glanced at something far back but before he could figure out the reason, he felt his body flew to the side and the gun slipped out of his hand.

As his body landed painfully against the cold marble floor, the gunshot sound rang loudly in his ears. Jiyong brought his gaze up and saw Youngbae was standing still, his confused eyes looking down at his own chest and stared at it for a brief moment.

Jiyong's eyes soon went wide when he saw blood on Youngbae's shirts, every fibre of his being was crushed when it was dawned on him that his nightmare has turned into reality.

He saw Youngbae brought his gaze to meet his and he lost it. He watched as Youngbae started to lose his balance and raced toward him. He reached out his hand to catch him in before he touched the ground.

"Dong Young Bae! Stay awake!" Jiyong shouted while holding his best friend's limp body in his arms. He pressed down the gunshot wound on Youngbae's chest with one of his hand, trying to stop the heavy bleeding.

Jiyong's action caused a sharp stabbing pain in Youngbae's chest, made him gasped and groaned in pain. His sluggish hand reached out and tried to pull Jiyong's hand away but to no avail, Jiyong kept a strong pressure on the wound.

"Please bear with it Youngbae-ah, we need to control the bleeding" Jiyong said, trying his best to sound calm even though his whole being was engaged in complete panic and fear.

"Jiyong-ah...It h-hurts...." Youngbae rasped, the burning pain in his chest was excruciating and unbearable. Every single nerves in his body screamed with pain and he started to find it difficult to breathe.

"Help is coming, do you hear me Youngbae-ah?!" He screamed at Youngbae whose consciousness was starting to fade away, his breathing became shallow and hardly there at all.

Youngbae felt like being pulled down into a complete darkness and stillness, the pain has begun to subside and the numb feeling started to take over. Somehow it brought peace and serenity to his chaotic soul and he refused to let it go.

"Youngbae-ah please.... I beg you....stay with me" Jiyong pleaded as he reached out to hold Youngbae's hand in his.

"Please...I can't lose you..." His voice cracked and tears started to roll down on his cheeks.

Youngbae's eyes fluttered open weakly and his half lidded eyes gazed at his messed best friend. He used his free trembling hand to reach out and cup Jiyong's cheek.

"I-I am sorry J-Ji" Youngbae stuttered the words, using the last ounce of his strength to say the words he had been wanting to say over and over again since the day they became friends.

Youngbae's eyes were fluttered closed and his hand dropped languidly on his side when he went completely limp in his best friend's arms.

Jiyong looked down blankly while still holding Youngbae's hand tightly in his. Tears flowing down on his cheeks freely, he didn't say a word nor make any move. He lost the ability to react as his mind went numb. The utter shock that he just experienced completely disconnected him from his surroundings.

He were still in daze when the paramedics came and took Youngbae away from his arms. The chaos and screaming in the lobby were completely drowned out by the buzzing sound in his ears.