Pain

Torn

Jiyong was sitting on the bench and gazing out to the sea, drown in the rhythmic percussion of waves on sand. The sun was setting down, the sky was glowing with the beautiful mixture of red and orange colors. His lips born the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that his heart was contented.

"It's so beautiful...." He murmured.

"Who? Me?" A man's playful voice was heard from behind.

"Obviously, not" Jiyong said without looking and let out a breathy laugh, eyes still fixating at the beautiful scenery before him.

Jiyong sensed the other moved closer and then took a sit beside him. He could feel his gaze landed at him but he chose not to return it.

"Are you still thinking about him?" The other asked cautiously.

Jiyong let out a sigh and closed his eyes, bringing out the image of the person into his mind.

"If he were here, he would be so proud of you Jiyong hyung" The other said genuinely, reaching out to hold Jiyong's hands in his.

Jiyong opened his eyes and turned his head to face the other person "I hope so Seungri-ah...I hope so..."

Three years has passed since Youngbae passed away and during that time Jiyong lived separately with his father. He wanted to start a new and clean life, so he followed his passion in fashion and started his own clothing line.

It performed extremely well in South Korea and he started to expand the business overseas. Jiyong became one of the most successful young businessman and gained huge popularity due to his wealth and good look. Young women went head over heels for him and his strong intuition in business strategy was recognized amongst businessmen.

At the early establishment of his business, Jiyong were looking for a person to handle the public relations and a young man came into the interview with such a lively attitude. His cheerful and animated way of speaking made Jiyong feel lighthearted. His name was Seungri and Jiyong decided that he fit for the job.

It was difficult at first for Seungri to get close to Jiyong since he kept his distance and avoided long conversations. Until one day Seungri mustered his courage to come to his office and said "Mr. Kwon, how am I supposed to the handle the public relations of your clothing line if I don't know anything about you?! Clothing line is made of the passion of its owner and up until now I know nothing about it because you won't talk to me!" He fumed.

Jiyong was caught of guard because he didn't expect Seungri would come and threw those angry words at him. The youngman was usually just kept smiling and being extra friendly whenever he got the chance to meet him. Jiyong didn't give him an immediate reply and took his time to analyze his words.

What Jiyong missed to realize that was during his time of thinking his eyes were staring at the other and his stare was notoriously known to convey a killing vibe in it. Seungri came with a strong determination and prepared himself for any consequences that might come, however that stare sent chills run up his spine and he started to regret his decision.

"I-i mean t-that" He tripped over his words when Jiyong suddenly cut him off.

"You are right" Jiyong said

Seungri eyes widened "I am?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I think what you just said makes sense and we should start today, let's have lunch together" Jiyong suggested with indifferent tone in his words.

"L-lunch? T-together?" Seungri stuttered, he found it hard to believe that Kwon Jiyong just asking him out for a lunch.

"Yes, you want to get to know me right? We can have a more decent and relax conversation during lunch time" Jiyong shrugged.

It was the beginning of a closer relationship between the two as it was later developed into a strong hyung-dongsaeng relationship. Seungri cheerfulness and warm personality managed to melt the icy cold heart of Jiyong and it helped him to ease the pain of losing Youngbae.

It was a sunny afternoon when Jiyong and Seungri walking down the sidewalks along the stores in Gangnam and as always there were always some paparazzi taking pictures of him and girls screaming for his name.

"Jiyong hyung, I can't have a peace and quiet shopping with you in Korea, why don't we go to New York, I miss the big apple and its night life" Seungri suggested with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Stop using me as an excuse for your vacation Seungri-ah" Jiyong chuckled and brought his hand up to mess with Seungri's hair.

"Yah hyuuung, stop it, it took me almost an hour to get this look" Seungri whined and brought his hands up to touch up his hair.

But suddenly Seungri stopped in his tracks and grabbed Jiyong's arm to stop him from walking. Jiyong gave him a confused look when the younger looked at him with sparkle in his eyes.

"Jiyong hyung, let's open a store in New York!" Seungri said excitedly.

"What for? So you can always find a reason to travel there?" Jiyong taunted.

"Of course yes" Seungri smiled from ear to ear "But I also know US is a huge market to grab hyung, we really should consider it" He added.

"Let me think about it first" Jiyong said and patted Seungri's back before resuming his steps.

"Yah hyung is a no brainerrrrr" Seungri shouted from behind and ran to catch up with him.

 

6 months later...

"Welcome to The Ritz Carlton Hotel Mr. Kwon and Mr. Lee and we hope you enjoy your stay here" The receptionist said with a smile on her face and handed them the key to their room.

It was few months back when Jiyong finally agreed to open a new store in New York and it earned a huge success. This time he came again to New York to have an interview with some local magazines and visiting a new potential location for another store.

"Yah hyung you should thank me for my brilliant idea to open a store here, our sales went up more than 30% this year" Seungri said proudly while they were having a dinner in one of expensive korean restaurant downtown.

"I already had it in mind before you brought it up Seungri-ah, if not it wouldn't happen so fast " Jiyong chuckled.

"Whatever hyung, the most important thing is that I got to travel here alot" Seungri snickered.

"By the way why do you always come here every time we come to New York hyung? You should eat korean food in Korea, in US we should eat western food" Seungri protested.

Jiyong gave him a smile, he himself didn't understand why he loved it here, the restaurant just gave him a warm feeling, he recognized the interior were similar to Youngbae's apartment and somehow the food matched his taste so much, as if the restaurant knew exactly what he liked and didn't like in a food.

He heard the owner is a guy that came from Korea but he hadn't got the chance to meet the person.

"Do you enjoy the food Mr. Kwon?" The man asked in korean language when he came to their table to return his credit card. From his outfit Jiyong could guess that he's the manager of the restaurant.

"I enjoy it so much thank you, is the owner around? I would like to meet him if it's possible" Jiyong asked

"Unfortunately he doesn't come today but I surely let him know about your intention Mr. Kwon, would you like to leave an email or phone number so we can inform you if we can arrange a meeting between you and Mr. Taeyang" The manager asked and handed him a piece of paper with a pen.

"Oh sure" Jiyong jotted down both of his email and phone number and hand them back to the manager

"Send my regard to Mr. Taeyang and tell him to feel free to call me if he would like to arrange a meeting" Jiyong said.

"I will Mr. Kwon" The manager smiled before leaving the table.

"Yah hyung, why did you give him your email and phone number so easily? What if he sells them to the press in Korea?" Seungri warned.

"Don't exaggerate things Seungri-ah, he's the manager of this restaurant" Jiyong chuckled.

"He's a korean hyung, he must know how big you are in Korea and why are you so eager to meet this owner anyway? You want him to open a branch in Seoul?" Seungri asked while squinting his eyes.

"I'm in fashion industry Seungri-ah not food industry, and I don't know why....it just feels like the restaurant gave me a warm feeling and it knows me well" Jiyong said with a sad look on his face.

"I also know you well hyung" Seungri got jealous

Jiyong gave him a smile and a pat on his hand before suggesting that it was time for them to leave the restaurant. They walked toward the exit of the restaurant and Jiyong gave a nod of goodbye when he spotted the manager.

They waited for their car to come and pick them up while Jiyong was deeply immersed in his own thoughts.

I missed you so bad Youngbae-ah...why do I still feel your presence around me and why my heart still hurts so much whenever I think about you......

Jiyong felt a sudden twinge in his heart and unconsciously brought his hand up to clench his chest. Seungri noticed the small movement and eyed him with a worried look on his face "Hyung are you alright?"

Seungri's voice cut him out of his revery and Jiyong soon realized that he must've done something for Seungri to look at him like that. He quickly removed his hand from his chest and patted the younger.

"I was just thinking of something, that's all Seungri-ah" He said with a smile plastered on his face.

What they didn't realized that someone was watching them from behind a window glass with a warm smile on his face.

"Are you finally planning to meet him hyung?" A voice came out from behind.

The person didn't tear his eyes off the window glass "It's not the right time yet Daesung-ah, I just found out that he thought that I was dead"

"What?! But how?" He asked in disbelief

He turned around and faced the other with remorse "It was my mom's idea to punish him with guilt for causing my death"

"Then what will you do hyung? You need to let him know that you're still alive"

"If I show up now, it will be a huge blow for him, I don't want to hurt him again Daesung-ah" He said ruefully and let out a heavy sigh.

"But hyung, don't you think he has the right to know that you're still alive?" He asked.

"I don't know Daesung-ah....I just don't want to hurt him anymore, I've caused him too much pain....too much..."