Torn

Torn

She watched with ambivalent feeling as her son turned around and walked out the door. There was a part of her that wanted to throw everything away and freed his son from his agony but there was another part of her that had been waiting for years in sorrow and wanted nothing but revenge.

"I am sorry Yoo Jung-ah, I didn't know Hyun Bae was with him, please you have to believe me..." He pleaded, fear and guilt were clearly heard in his trembling voice.

She screw her eyes shut as her jaw clenched and her knuckles went white when her grip tightened on the phone.

"I don't want your sorry....you'll pay for this" She hissed, eyes burnt with anger and sorrow.

"What can I do, please tell me what can I do Yoo Jung-ah, I can't lose you" He begged desperately.

Her blood boiled with every single words he said and all she could think of was inflicting him with pain "I want you to kill your wife and son, can you do that?" She said through gritted teeth.

A heavy exhale was heard, the person on the other line seemed to find it difficult in answering her question "You know I can't do that Yoo Jung-ah.....please don't hurt my wife and son, just kill me if you want it to...." He said hopelessly.

"I will...and I'll make sure you'll also taste my suffering Kwon Ji Tae!" She snarled and hung up the phone.

"Ji-Jiyong?" Youngbae was caught off guard, his eyes went wide as his heart hammered wildly against his ribcage. He was lost for words at Jiyong's sudden appearance and just stared idly into the familiar chocolate brown eyes. There was only moment of silence as both of them failed to utter a single word.

"The answer is obvious G-Dragon, he'll choose his family" A stern female voice chimed in and broke the silence.

Jiyong was startled as he knew nobody beside them was around when he entered the lobby, it was almost midnight. He looked over his shoulder to find the source of the voice and his eyes landed on a familiar figure who stood a few meters behind him. He his heels and bow politely to greet her "Mrs Dong" He said.

She offered Jiyong nothing in return and fixating her eyes on her son who stood behind him, the anguish look on his face was disconcerting.

"Jiyong-ah, you shouldn't have come..." Youngbae murmured from behind.

Jiyong smiled at his remark and turned around to face him. He could see the agony in his best friend eyes and it pained him.

"I come to find the answer Youngbae-ah, I'm tired of waiting and wondering, it's killing me inside" Jiyong said, sadness was clearly depicted in his eyes.

Youngbae felt his heart wrenched inside, it's hurt to see the look in Jiyong's eyes.

"How long have you known about this Jiyong-ah?" Youngbae asked, guilt was heavily engulfing him.

"It's been a while Youngbae-ah but it doesn't matter anyway right? Time doesn't make any difference, it hurts..." Jiyong smiled bitterly.

Youngbae cursed himself inwardly and took a step closer. He reached out and pulled Jiyong into his arms.

"I'm sorry Jiyong-ah, I'm sorry...." He said quietly

Jiyong's heart ached, why the warm and gentleness of his best friend must be coupled with betrayal and falsity.

Not a single day went by without him questioning when would be the time Youngbae turned his back against him. The countless nightmares exhausted him as it was getting more and more dreadful lately.

"Is revenge more important to you than our friendship huh?!" Jiyong's voice ladened with anger and sorrow. He couldn't believe the one person that he valued more than his own life could point a gun directly at him. Jiyong's eyes never left him, even when the other seemed to avoid his gaze.

"Look me in the eyes Dong Youngbae!!"

"Jiyong-ah, what do you wish me to do?" He asked, his tone mixed of anger and despair.

"Do you want me to abandon my family? Is that it?!" His knuckles turned to white as he tightened the grip on the gun.

Jiyong took his steps forward, the sound of his footsteps echoed when his heels met the marble floor.

"Don't you ever dare to move G-Dragon!" Other voice chimed in.

Jiyong didn't even bother to spare a glance at the owner of the voice and just kept on moving forward, closing the distance between him and Youngbae.

"I said don't move!!"

There was a sound of a gunshot echoed in the massive room and Jiyong halted his steps, expecting to feel a pain but there was none. He look sideways and saw a woman dropped on her knees, clutching her chest where blood starting to drip and a gun was neglected on her side.

He shifted his gaze back to Youngbae and saw he was till holding out a gun, looking perplexed and horrified.

"What have I done...?" He asked in disbelief before his legs gave in and sat abruptly against the cold marble floor.

Jiyong walked over to approach him but stopped halfway when he saw Youngbae's suddenly raised his gun at him and let out a depressed chuckle.

"Jiyong-ah.... I'm sorry....." He said in tears before changing the gun's angle and pointed it at his own head.

"Youngbae-ah! What are you doing?! Drop the gun!" Jiyong screamed in horror and dashed toward him. He saw Youngbae smiled at him as his finger started to pull the trigger.

His nightmare's flashback was abruptly cut off when Youngbae release the hug and back away.

Jiyong's eyes landed on his anguished best friend, Youngbae was obviously torn between him and his family. It pained Jiyong so much when he knew about his betrayal but watching Youngbae heavily tormented hurt him even more.

"I don't need your sorry Youngbae-ah, you've betrayed me" Jiyong said as he pulled out a gun and pointed it out at Youngbae's forehead.

"Drop the gun G-Dragon!" Sean warned as he also fished out a gun from inside his jacket and aiming it at Jiyong.

Youngbae stared at Jiyong in disbelief, he knew what he did deserved every hate and animosity from his best friend, but he never expected Jiyong could point a gun at him.

"Jiyong-ah...do you really want to do this?" He asked ruefully.

"I wouldn't have come here if I'm not settled to finish this Dong Youngbae" He said firmly before pulling the gun's hammer down.

Mrs. Dong watched the whole scene with anger boiling inside of her, Kwon family has took her oldest son and husband away and now they wanted to kill the only son she has left.

She opened her bag and pulled out a gun "I know I can't count on you Youngbae-ah, I just have to do this myself" She muttered while holding out a gun, pointing it directly to Jiyong whose back facing her.

A small movement at Jiyong's background caught Yongbae's eyes as he shifted his focus further and saw her mother was pointing out a gun at Jiyong. Apprehension soon engulfing him as he knew what's about to come.

He shifted his gaze back at Jiyong and instantly pushed him out of the bullet's path.

A loud bang echoed in the vast apartment lobby but it was soon followed with an ultimate silent. Youngbae saw the horrifying look on her mother's face when she was looking at him. He felt a burning pain on his chest and brought his gaze down. He was confused when he saw blood seeped through his checkered blue shirt.

He lifted his head and look sideways, his eyes met with pair of Jiyong's that were stricken with emotion he had never seen before. His visions started to blur when he saw Jiyong got up on his feet and dashed toward him. He sensed the ground was closing in when his legs gave in and the gravity pulling him downward.