Troubled Mind

Torn

Jiyong stared out to the vast garden unfolded before him, his eyes darted from various colors of maple trees to the big pond completed with potted fountain located in the middle of almost 3 acres in extent of land. Meandering trails allowing one to stroll and admire the beautifully and manicured gardens. The immaculate landscape was the creation of his late mother and he always sat on its patio relishing the serene view whenever something troubled his mind.

He took a heavy sigh and closed his eyes as his mind travelled back to the moment when he lost the most precious person in his life.

Jiyong saw the sky as his world was turned upside down when the car flipped into the air before crashing down back onto the road.

He felt the pain radiating throughout his whole body and let out a whimper, relinquishing the tormented feeling. It took him sometime to open his eyes and realize the despair situation he had caught within.

The car was mostly wrecked at the driver side, the front shield was completely shattered and he looked in horror at the condition of a person sat next to him.

"Mom!! Please wake up!" He yelled and shook her limp body, she was pinned between the seat and the steering wheel, blood was oozing out from the awful gash on her forehead.

Jiyong's desperate plea managed to bring back her consciousness as she opened her half lidded eyes and confusedly glanced at her surrounding.

"Mom are you ok? can you see me?" Jiyong moved closer and cupped her face carefully, ignoring the searing pain that came with each movements of his body. She glanced at him and tears started to trickle down from her eyes.

"Jiyong-ah listen to me... you need to go and find help" She said with much effort as it was really painful to even speak.

"No! I won't leave you! Please mom..." Jiyong pleaded, his eyes were staring at her in panic and fear.

"Jiyong-ah, I'm stuck, there was no one here, you have to go and get help" She said weakly, her visions started to swirl and her consciousness retreated.

"Mom! Wake up! Don't sleep!" Jiyong tried to wake her up but it was useless, there was no reaction coming from her limp figure.

Jiyong panic level went skyrocketed as his ears buzzing and his heart pounding violently against his chest. His whole body trembling and his hand shaking in fear of losing his mother.

"I-I'll go and get h-help mom, please wait for me ok? I beg you please don't leave me..." His eyes lingered for a brief moment on her mother's face before he forced his battered body to turn around and grabbed the door's handle.

The door on passenger side was slightly damaged and it creaked when he opened it. Jiyong had to grab the door tightly to get himself up and the pain immediately shot up through his spine, stealing his breath. He hunched forward and closed his eyes tightly, trying his best to withstand the pain.

He took a moment to brace himself up and then taking his steps forward. It was an empty road, there was no car passing by and Jiyong didn't know where to start to find help. They were way out of town and Jiyong didn't know why her mother take him to such a distance place.

Jiyong trudged forward and each step took an ounce of strength that was left of him, there were several times when his legs were about to give up but he managed to keep himself up and just move ahead.

He had lost track of how far he had travelled when his surroundings started to spin around. His eyes suddenly felt heavy and he couldn't feel his legs. It was the subtle pain on his left cheek that had him realized he had collapsed to the ground. His body went numb as he faintly heard noises before the darkness completely took over.

Jiyong was immersed deeply in his thoughts and failed to realize someone had sat next to him, watching him with concern.

"Jiyong-ah" Youngbae called his name.

Jiyong was suddenly pulled out from his train of thoughts and opened his eyes.

"Are you alright?" Youngbae's voice was warm and soothing.

Jiyong glanced at his best friend and gave him an ensuring smile.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you came, when did you arrive Youngbae-ah?" Jiyong asked as he straightened up his back.

"Around 10 minutes and I spent my time watching the unbeatable G-Dragon looking so weak and fragile" Youngbae teased.

"Yah! Who's being weak and fragile?!" Jiyong snapped and rose from his seat.

Youngbae chuckled and pat the chair, gesturing him to sit back down. Jiyong refused to do so and looked away from him.

Youngbae let out another chuckle and got up from his chair, he threw a hand over Jiyong's shoulder and shook him a bit.

"Yah, I was just kidding Jiyong-ah, don't be mad ok?"

Jiyong gave him an annoyed look at first but then both of them just laughed it off.

"So what's the mighty G-Dragon wish to do for summoning me today?" Youngbae teased again.

"Yah stop it or I'll really get mad Youngbae-ah!" Jiyong gave him a warning look and Youngbae gave him a salute as a reply.

"Do you face trouble with the Gangnam district?" Youngbae asked seriously this time.

Seoul was divided into 25 Districts, 9 were controlled by Kwon Family, 7 by Dong and the rest were belong to Choi Family. The Kwon and Dong formed an alliance but the Choi was consistently challenging both of them, trying to expand their territory.

"How do you know? Did my father tell you about it?" Jiyong asked

"Yes, he called me last week and asked me to finish things in Busan quickly and return to Seoul" Youngbae replied.

"Ah...I'm sorry to trouble you Youngbae-ah, but this time it's too big for me to handle alone, I need your help" Jiyong said sheepishly

"It's fine Jiyong-ah, it's my duty as a friend and ally, there's nothing to be ashamed of" Youngbae pat his shoulder.


They were walking back toward the living room when Jinu came through the big entrance door.

"Hi Jinu hyung, how have you been?" Youngbae chirped and went to give him a hug.

"I'm fine" He replied curtly and released the hug.

Jinu usually treated him warmly and Youngbae was confused at the sudden change of attitude.

Youngbae was about to open his mouth and questioned him about it when Jiyong suddenly chimed in and told Jinu that his father was looking for him for urgent matter.

Jinu excused himself and left. Youngbae's eyes lingered on him for a while before shifting them to Jiyong.

"Do you know something that I don't know?" Youngbae asked.

"What do you mean Youngbae-ah?"

"What's wrong with Jinu hyung? Why he suddenly act like that?

"Act like what?"

"Jiyong-ah, it's either you're absolutely dense or you're hiding something from me" Youngbae eyed him suspiciously.

Jiyong went silent for a moment and then brought his eyes down, avoiding Youngbae's.

"Youngbae-ah, could you please let this one go? I really don't want to talk about it" Jiyong pleaded and let out a heavy sigh.

Youngbae could sense something was off and curiosity was eating him inside, but the look on Jiyong's face was forcing him to bury that urge.

"Alright Jiyong-ah, I let it slide for now, but you know it's just a matter of time before I figure it out" Youngbae said and gave a light pat on Jiyong's shoulder

Jiyong lifted his head and threw him a forced smile "I know that Youngbae-ah"

But I really hope it doesn't come soon, because I'm not ready to lose you yet Youngbae-ah.....but then again I will never ready....