Rain

Torn

Youngbae stood by the large window at the second floor of his restaurant, eyes gazing up at the cloudy sky outside. It's been three days since Jiyong's last visit to his restaurant and Youngbae hasn't able to decide whether he should contact Jiyong or just let things go just the way it was. 

 

He let out a heavy sight and brought his gaze down, stared longingly at a piece of paper held up between his fingers. Jiyong's phone number and email address were written on it and the handwriting was the same as he remembered, clean and neat. 

 

Youngbae wanted to just grab the phone and dial the number so he could listen to the voice that he had missed for so long, but it would be so selfish of him. He had absolutely no right to mess with Jiyong's life again, not after all the pains and sufferings that he had caused. 

 

All the beautiful memories that he had with his best friend were something that he only allowed to cherish but should never expected to reenact them again, or worst he didn't even has the right to treasure them, he had betrayed such a pure friendship.

 

He could still remember vividly the look on Jiyong's eyes when he came to his apartment on that horrible day, he was deeply hurt and betrayed, however it still couldn't compare to the amount of fears he saw in Jiyong's eyes when he was shot and nearly died, it was an agonizing sight to see.

 

How could a person has the heart to bring so much pain to a person, moreover when the person was his own best friend. Youngbae's heart twinged, he could never forgive himself and it pained him to know that his mother even faked his death as a final blow for Jiyong, it must've hurt so much. 

 

Youngbae suddenly felt a tight squeeze on his lungs as he started to cough heavily, hand immediately went up close to his mouth as his dry cough painfully continued. He was about to turn around to grab a glass of water when Daesung suddenly showed up from behind and holding up a glass of water for him.

 

His eyes were looking at him with concern and Youngbae felt sorry for worrying him as took the glass from his hand and pour the content down his abused throat. The cough slowly came to a halt and Youngbae raised his other hand to patted his tired chest. 

 

"Hyung I think it's better for you to go home early today, you don't look so good" Daesung said as he took the glass back from Youngbae's hand while eyeing him worriedly. He walked over to the desk and put the glass down on and turned around to  see Youngbae has made his way toward the couch located across the desk. He plopped himself down and leaned his head against couch with eyes closed.

 

He hasn't felt so good this past couple of days and now his head started to feel dizzy, his skin felt warm and his throat hurt. He felt a cold hand touch his forehead but he was too tired to care.

 

"Hyung you have a fever, I'll take you home okay?" Daesung said as he took one of his hand in his and noticed that he was holding a piece of paper in it. He soon recognized that it was the same paper he offered Kwon Jiyong to write down his contact details.

 

"I'm fine" He croaked the words out and couple of coughs soon followed.

 

"Yeah right, it's so obvious that you're not hyung, so come on get up or I will have to carry you home" Daesung threatened for real, he could carry the smaller guy and he would surely do it if he kept refusing to go home.

 

"Daesung-ah, I might be smaller than you but I'm still your hyung" Youngbae said as he opened his eyes and gave him a weak smile.

 

"Then act like one hyung, you should know better that you're in no condition to work today" Daesung reprimanded, he knew Youngbae barely had enough sleep this past couple days and he could barely concentrate on anything, his mind was fully occupied with things related to Kwon Jiyong.

 

"Alright, let's go home Daesung-ah" Youngbae sighed and let Daesung pulled him up. However the sudden movement made him feel dizzy as he stumbled forward against Daesung strong hold.

 

"Sorry Daesung-ah" He murmured quickly as he regained his balance back, it was quite embarrassing to look so weak in front of the younger.

 

"Can you walk hyung? I can carry you if you want it to" Daesung genuinely offered.

 

"I'm alright, just got a little bit dizzy earlier" Youngbae assured him and patted his upper arm lightly. 

 

As if everything went against him, Youngbae found that it was raining heavily outside. Youngbae was sitting on the bench a few meters from the restaurant's entrance while Daesung went to grab the car. He was shivering slightly from the cold weather and quickly crossed his arms across his chest to feel warmer.

 

Seungri was pouting the entire way to the Korean restaurant and Jiyong just find it cute. He knew he was upset about him rejecting his idea to have lunch at Brennan & Carr and went to the same Korean restauran instead. 

 

 "Seungri-ah, stop pouting, we'll go there next time ok" Jiyong cooed, and patted his arm gently.

 

"Yah Jiyong hyung! It's our last day here and yet you choose to have lunch at that same Korean restaurant again, you're no fun!" Seungri whined, he didn't understand what's so good about the restaurant that Jiyong kept wanting to go there.

 

Jiyong didn't know why he insisted to go to the restaurant today, it's just he hasn't been able to erase the weird feeling that kept on nudging him to go there again. 

 

"A hunch" Jiyong mumbled to himself

 

"What?" Seungri asked since he couldn't catch it

 

"Nothing Seungri-ah, I like their food so stop complaining and just bear with me" Jiyong said with indifferent tone and threw his gaze outside, the rain was pelting down at the car's window, somehow he felt like crying but he held it in.

 

Seungri knew when he could argue with Jiyong and when he had to shut it, and from the look of Jiyong's face right now, he think it was best for him to just keep it quiet.

 

It was still raining heavily when they arrived at the restaurant entrance, the valet boy quickly came to open the passenger door for him. Jiyong stepped outside the car and glanced at Seungri and waited for him to walk around the car so they can go in together. 

 

They were walking toward the entrance and he came into a halt when he heard a series of awful coughs came from the right. He glanced sideway and saw a man was tugging a thick scarf around the other person's face and he seemed to be sick since he was coughing continuously.

 

Jiyong recognized the man as the restaurant's manager that had asked for his contact details before. He was debating whether he should go and say hi but he seemed to be occupied right now.

 

"Hyung are you still feel cold? I think we should go to the doctor first, you're shivering badly" Jiyong heard the manager said, while rubbing his hand on the other's arms to keep him warm.

 

"No need Daesung-ah, let's just go home" the man's voice was hoarse, Jiyong could tell that he was really sick.

 

"Yah Jiyong hyung, why are you just standing there? Let's go inside" Seungri said when he realized Jiyong was a few steps behind him.

 

Jiyong turned to look at Seungri "I'll be right there, just go grab a table, I need to talk to the manager first" he said and returned his gaze back at the manager.

 

Seungri followed Jiyong's gaze and realized that the restaurant's manager was standing a few meters beside them. He was looking at them weirdly though, as if he was in shock to see them there.

 

"Alright, but don't make me wait too long" Seungri warned and resumed his steps toward the entrance.

 

Youngbae felt fuzzy and cold, he was tired of coughing and it was hard to keep himself steady on his feet. He was thankful when Daesung came and wrapped him around with a thick scarf, it felt warmer and muffled his awful coughs a little bit. 

 

He thought he heard it wrong when a voice call for Jiyong, but his eyes went wide when he looked at the direction of the voice. His heart pounded crazily against his ribcage. Everything went muffled as his ears ringing when his eyes saw the man was closing his distance.

 

His knees buckled as the darkness slowly engulfing him, he felt arms around him and heard a distant voice calling for him when his consciousness slipping away.