Answer

Torn

Youngbae was looking out absently through the window of his apartment, at 1350 feet above the ground the night city view was breathtaking. 

"Why can't her grudge fade away? Why....?" He murmured, staring at his own reflection on the window.

Youngbae was clinging to the tiny hope that time would wash away her mother's anger and freed him from the quandary that imprisoned him for the past 15 years. 

Unfortunately it had failed him miserably and as the time of execution was drawing near, the thought that one day he would hurt his own best friend had tortured him with days of sleepless nights.

Youngbae was deeply immersed in his own thoughts when a sound of phone notification interrupted his revery.  His gaze shifted down to the phone placed above the round wood coffee table beside him, the screen was brightened.

He let out a sigh and picked it up. A few lines of words were displayed on the notification screen "Met me at the usual place Youngbae-ah, we'll make the move on the Choi tonight"

Youngbae's muscles tensed and his jaw tightened. His hands grasped the phone tightly before hurling it against the wall with force. It broke into pieces and scattered all over the wood floor, his breath came harsher.

"It's not supposed to happen this fast! Why can't you see it's a bait Jiyong-ah?!!" He grasped his head in disbelief as his heart was thumping hard against his ribcage.

His mother was taunting the Kwon family with the help of Choi by igniting several commotions at the Kwon's territories, tempting the Kwon to get even and came outside  their territories. 

Jiyong chose to ignore at first but as the number of incidents kept increasing, it seemed that he finally ate the bait. 

It took a long time for the Dong family to convince the Choi to cooperate with them and accomplished it by agreeing to give up half of their territories to Choi.

Youngbae of course would play an important role in this revenge master plan, because even though they managed to get Jiyong outside his territories, they still needed to separate him from his packs in order to capture him and who else could do the task other than his best friend.

His train of thoughts was interrupted by the sound of the door's bell and apprehension was soon engulfing him. His feet planted firmly against the floor while his eyes were fixed upon the black wooden door. He could pretty much guess who stood at the other side of the door.

"Dong Youngbae I know you're inside, open the door!" A female voice came rushing through his ears.

Youngbae squeezed his eyes shut and his hands were balled into fist at his side. He took a moment before bracing himself to move forward and open the door.

His eyes met with another pair of dark brown eyes. She was beautiful even when several lines and wrinkles were visibly seen on her face.

"Hi mom, what brought you here?" He asked the obvious.

She stood still, waiting for his son to step aside and let her in. Youngbae took the hint and moved aside. She walked inside and asked him to close the door.

They were standing face to face in the spacious living room and Youngbae wished he could be anywhere but there. He always reminded himself that this moment would eventually came but when it did finally arrive, his heart was still unprepared.

"Finally the time has come Youngbae-ah, I have been waiting for this patiently" She said, her face was indifferent.

"Please reconsider this mom....revenge will not bring you anything or anyone back, it will only leave you with nothing but emptiness" Youngbae said, knowing it was his last hope to prevent his mother from carrying out her plan.

"Save your breath Youngbae-ah, Sean has been waiting for you downstairs, just do what you're supposed to do" She said firmly while looking at him right in the eyes.

Youngbae closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh, he walked past her and headed out of the apartment. His steps were heavy and his mind were numb, he wasn't aware that he has reached the lobby until someone called for his name.

"Youngbae-ah" the person's voice wasn't loud but firm.

Youngbae looked sideway and his eyes met with a pair of other's. The man was tall, with a clean cut dark hair and his lips curved into a smile as their eyes met. He was around 15 years older than Youngbae.

"Sean hyung, long time no see" Youngbae greeted him but unable to return the smile.

"I guess you're not that happy to see me Youngbae-ah" He cracked a joke.

"Am I supposed to?" Youngbae asked with defeated look on his face.

"Well, it depends....whose side are you on Youngbae-ah?" He asked with a serious tone, his eyes fixed at Youngbae's.

Youngbae looked away, his jaws clenched as he remained silent and made no answer.

"I would also love to know the answer to that question Youngbae-ah" a voice broke the silence.

Youngbae's eyes went wide in disbelief as he turned his head and saw a pair of chocolate brown eyes looked at him straight in the eyes "Ji-Jiyong?"