Remind

Torn

The buzzing busy street noise was heard subtly through the glass walls of the fancy western restaurant. The grand chandeliers decorated the barrel vaulted ceiling filled with detailed moulding and quirky details. The spacious space is awashed in period French details, from a French chateau, a glass-enclosed atrium, a Baroque library lounge to a 24-foot mahogany bar.

Youngbae's eyes were admiring the lavish view sprawled in front of him when a waiter came into view, carrying a big silver tray with two dishes on top of it. He stopped at their table and served the dishes in front of them.

"Bon appetit" The waiter said before excusing himself.

Youngbae's eyes lingered for a brief moment on the delicious lamb steak before bringing his head up and eyed the person sat across of him suspiciously.

"What's with the extravagant treat Jiyong-ah?" He asked with squinting eyes.

Jiyong let out a chuckle and gave him a warm gaze "Nothing special Youngbae-ah, I just want to treat you with delicious food once in a while"

"Is that all?" Youngbae replied, still with untrusting look on his face.

With addition that I was worried sick about you leaving longer than you should be and thought that you finally decided to leave.

"Yah! You've hurt my feeling Youngbae-ah, I am being sincere here, no string attached" Jiyong said while feigning a hurtful look.

Youngbae went silent for a moment while his eyes seeking for truth in other's, usually Jiyong did something like this whenever he had caused some troubles and Youngbae had to take care of it, but somehow he could sense this time was different.

"Thank you for the delicious treat then, let's eat shall we?" Youngbae said before grabbing the fork and knife and stabbing into the thick lamb meat.

Youngbae cut the meat into several portions and then shoved a piece of it into his mouth. He let the meat sit in his mouth and closed his eyes while enjoying the heavenly taste.

"Youngbae-ah" Jiyong called his best friend's name when Youngbae was about to shoved another chunk into his mouth.

"Uhm? What is it Jiyong-ah?" Youngbae asked before resuming his task of putting another meat portion into his mouth.

Jiyong didn't utter a word and just stared at Youngbae who still chewing the meat in his mouth.

Youngbae was waiting for his best friend to speak but when Jiyong did nothing but staring at him, Youngbae brought a hand up and swept his own face with his fingers.

"Do I have something on my face?" Youngbae asked with confused eyes.

Jiyong's lips broke into a smile and then shook his head "It's nothing actually, I just want to interrupt your indulgence" He snickered.

How long we can stay as best friend Youngbae-ah?

"Yah! That's so childish of you Jiyong-ah" Youngbae pouted and decided to continue binging on his food.

"Youngbae-ah" Jiyong called his name again

This time Youngbae gave him an annoyed look "Yah Jiyong-ah, since you've decided to treat me with this heavenly food, why can't you let me enjoy it in peace huh?"

Youngbae's cute and funny reaction caused Jiyong to let out a breathy laugh "Yah, can't I talk to you while eating?" Jiyong chuckled.

Youngbae put down his fork and leaned back in his chair "Please do talk then, don't just call my name and stare" Youngbae said while crossing his arms.

"Are you mad at me Youngbae-ah?" Jiyong asked worriedly.

"No, I know there's something that bothers you Jiyong-ah, let's talk about it" Youngbae said calmly.

Jiyong stay silent for a while before letting out a heavy sigh "Do you remember when we met at the graveyard?"

"Yes, of course Jiyong-ah, that time you asked for my help" Youngbae answered and that question brought him back to the moment when it all started.

 

"I am Kwon Jiyong, what's yours?"

Youngbae went completely stunned when he heard the name, was it really him or only someone with similar name as him. He was lost in his own thought when Jiyong suddenly waved his hand in front of him, trying to win back his attention.

"Are you alright? You look a little bit pale" Jiyong asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I-I'm ok, I'm sorry, your name is Kwon Jiyong right? I'm Dong Youngbae" Youngbae stuttered at first but managed to regain his composure.

"That name sounds familiar" Jiyong squinted his eyes, trying to remember when he had heard the name.

"Ah! I remember! You're uncle Dong's son right?!" Jiyong's face beamed at him.

Youngbae's worst fear finally came true, it was really him. When Youngbae wanted nothing but to delay his mother's request as long as he could, the request came to him on his own accord.

"Yes, It's nice to meet u again" Youngbae said, but it was completely the opposite of what he was feeling right then. He regretted it immensely, because he would no longer had excuse to postpone on doing his mother's request.

 

"Ah...that time I had you mesmerized, you were dazed when I threw you my dazzling smile" Jiyong said in a mocking tone.

Jiyong's voice pulled him out of his revery and Youngbae laughed at his remark.

If only you knew Jiyong-ah...

"When actually we started to become best friend Youngbae-ah?" Jiyong asked with a bright expression on his face.

"When I joined your school" Youngbae replied curtly and wished Jiyong would stop dwelling on the past, it only brought the memories that he wanted to wipe out, especially when the time to carry out the plan has gotten close.

I need to remind you about us Youngbae-ah because I don't want to lose you