Alone

Torn

Youngbae felt his consciousness slipping away and he tried to fight it, he knew he had to stay awake and faced Jiyong, he owed him that much. However the darkness continued to pull him under and he lost the control of his own body and went completely limp into Daesung's firm hold.

Daesung knew his hyung was about to pass out the moment he saw his face went completely pale and his eyes fluttered to stay open. He swiftly caught him into his embrace when he saw the older's body tilted toward him.

Jiyong was about to approach them to offer some help when he heard Seungri call out his name. He looked over his shoulder and saw Seungri rushed over with a phone in his hand.

"Jiyong hyung you have to take this" Seungri said while holding out the phone toward him.

"Whatever it is, it can wait Seungri-ah" Jiyong scowled and was about to resume his steps when Seungri caught his hand.

"It's from Jinu hyung, it's about your father" Seungri said cautiously.

Jiyong decided to cut his father out of his life since the day he lost Youngbae and he hadn't heard anything about him ever since. So if suddenly Jinu hyung decided to call him out of the blue, he knew something terribly bad must've happened.

Apprehension started to creep inside of him, no matter how much Jiyong despised his father, he was the only family he had left.

"I don't want to know anything about him, just hang it up!" Jiyong ordered, he was not ready to face another ordeal in his life. He would rather pretending nothing has happened, he just want to keep what he had left to get his life going, was it really too much to ask.

Daesung didn't understand what they were arguing about, but he took the opportunity to scoop Youngbae up in his arms, and rushed him over to his car that he had parked near the entrance. He passed Jiyong and Seungri that were still arguing and took a breath of relief when both of them were so caught up in a heated conversation and chose to ignore their surrounding.

The valet guy helped him to open the passenger door when he saw Youngbae was carried in his arms.

"What happen? Is he ok?" He asked worriedly, Youngbae was always nice to his employees and everyone loved him because of that.

"He's down with fever, I'm going to take him to the hospital, thanks for your help" Daesung said in a rush and tapped the valet guy's arm lightly before making his way to the other side of the car.

By the time Daesung left with his car, Jiyong was still having an argument with Seungri and minutes later Seungri finally decided to give in. He took the phone up to his ear and informed Jinu that Jiyong refused to take his call.

Jinu must've said something disconcerting in return, judging by the way Seungri stared worriedly at Jiyong before ending the call. Jiyong hated it, why did his father have to do something that made his life turn into something worst.

"Jiyong hyung...please listen to me..." Seungri said as he took Jiyong's hand in his and squeezed it lightly.

"Don't say anything! I don't want to hear any of it!" Jiyong yanked his hand free and walked away.

"Your father is here in New York!" Seungri shouted and it made Jiyong stopped in his tracks.

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked coldly, without turning around.

"He has been hospitalized here for more than three months, Jinu hyung said he has pancreatic cancer, right now he is in critical condition, the doctor said he may not survive within these few days" Seungri's voice trailed off on the last few words.

Jiyong stayed silent, he felt like the world was crumbling down and trying to bury him under. It was just the last piece of puzzle needed to depict his worst nightmare, he was alone.

"It's just perfect" He murmured

"What was it Jiyong hyung?" Seungri asked, he didn't quite catch his words.

Jiyong's body shook with strangled laugh before turning around to face Seungri.

"I said it's just perfect Seungri-ah, I don't have to worry about anything anymore" Jiyong laughed with tears in his eyes.

Seungri knew Jiyong was in the verge of breaking down so he went to approach him and gently pulled him into a hug.

"Let's go and see your father Jiyong hyung, I don't want you to regret it for the rest of your life" Seungri said and tightened his arms around him.

Jiyong didn't say any word and allowed his body to be guided by the younger, he felt numb, nothing really mattered anymore.

Daesung let a huge sigh when Youngbae opened his eyes, he saw the older took a moment to take his surrounding in before closing his eyes again. Youngbae realized he ended in hospital with an IV hooked in one of his arm.

"How pathetic I am Daesung-ah, passing out just when I was supposed to face him" Youngbae croaked, his voice was hoarse.

"He didn't see you hyung, he was having an argument with his friend when I carried you to the car" Daesung said, knowing that it would be the only question that Youngbae's mind was having right now.

Youngbae didn't know whether he should feel relief or guilty knowing he was spared to face Jiyong.

"Maybe it wasn't the right time hyung, you'll get the chance to face him when you're ready" Daesung said when he saw Youngbae did nothing but staring at the ceiling and stayed awfully quite.

Youngbae smiled bitterly at his words "I shouldn't have that kind of luxury when it was my fault Daesung-ah, I should've let him let him know that I'm still alive and release him from all the guilts. He should throw punches at me, punish me from being an ultimate jerk when he considered me as his best friend" Youngbae said as his hands curled into a fist and jaws tightened, completely frustrated at himself.

Daesung realized nothing that he could say to make Youngbae feel better and he silentlty agreed with the older's words.

"Hyung, I've told your mother about your condition, she said she'll come shortly because she was nearby" Daesung said to distract his attention.

Youngbae let another sigh, no matter how much he despised his mother for what he had done to Jiyong, he could understand the pain she was going through and she was a good mother despite her hunger for revenge.

"You shouldn't have called her Daesung-ah, it will just make her worry" Youngbae said and closed his eyes, he still felt a little bit dizzy.

"I didn't hyung, she called your phone and I picked it up, she said she has something urgent to tell you and asked where you are"

"Something urgent? What is it about? Youngbae frowned

"I don't know, you can ask her when she's here" Daesung tapped his shoulder lightly.

Jiyong stood like a statue beside his father's bed in the hospital, he was hooked with so many tubes and wires. He had always seen him as a strong and poweful man and to see him this weak was just too painful.

"Y-you came J-jiyong-ah" He whispered, voice was so thin.

Jiyong had to look away, because he couldn't take it all in, it was just unbearable. Tears started to make their way down on his face.

"I-I'm sorry.....I-I w-was" He stopped halfway, struggling to catch his breath

"Please dad stop....please..." Jiyong pleaded, he could not bear to hear the struggling of his father just to utter a few words out.

"We could talk about this later, just please rest ok" Jiyong said and took his hand in his when he saw his father was making another painful attemp to speak.

"I-I d-dont have t-time, so p-please l-listen"

"Please don't say that, I beg you please don't leave me..." Jiyong's voice thick with tears and he kneeled down beside the bed, eyes gazing down.

His father squeezed his hand weakly, trying to get his attention back.

"I forgive you dad.....so please....please.....stay....." Jiyong brought his gaze up, his pleading eyes met his father's.

His father's lips curved into a smile, it was the first time for Jiyong to see his father smile at him and it tore him into pieces. Why did it have to be this horrible situation that brought that smile into his face.

"D-Don't w-wor-ry....Y-you a-re not a-alone, Y-young" His words was cut off when suddenly he gasped for air.

"D-Dad? What's wrong?!" Jiyong stood up in panic and fear, he pressed the nurse button repeatedly and ran outside the room to call for doctor.

Jinu and Seungri who were sitting outside the room immediately stood up and followed him inside.

A team of doctor and nurses came in a rush and ordered the three of them to step aside, Jiyong refused to leave his father bed side and it took both Jinu and Seungri to drag him away.

The doctor made a few attemps to revive his father but it seemed that he was done struggling, his eyes stay closed as the heart monitor stayed flat.

When the doctor announced the time of death Jiyong knees buckled, his eyes just stared at his father's unmoving body and his hunched body went completely still. He didn't cry or bellow for his father to come back, he just went silent.

"Jiyong hyung, are you alright? Seungri asked worriedly when he saw no reaction came from the older.

Seungri wait for a moment but he got nothing in reply, Jiyong was awfully quite.

Seungri cupped Jiyong's face and turned it around to face him, but Jiyong's eyes were just staring at nothing.

Seungri moved his hands down to Jiyong's shoulders, shook them back and forth while calling his name to snap him out of it, but he still got no reaction.

Seungri was raising his hand and was about to slap Jiyong when a hand grab his hand mid way.

"Please don't hurt him, he's hurt enough" a voice said.

Seungri turned around to see the owner of the voice and what he saw make his eyes went absolutely wide.