Memory Lane

Torn

Sean was sitting on the sofa while reading the newspaper when he heard a faint voice rang softly in his ears. He instantly lower the newspaper and brought his gaze up to check on Youngbae. His eyes were still closed but Sean noticed a slight twitch of his fingers. He immediately stood up from the sofa and hustled across the room.

"Youngbae-ah, are you awake?" Sean asked after reaching the bed side.

Youngbae's eyes fluttered open and working on focusing as he slowly regained consciousness. Sean immediately reached out and pressed the nurse call button near the bed. He swiftly shifted his gaze back on Youngbae and saw he tried to lift his sluggish hand.

"Stay still Youngbae-ah, wait for the doctor ok?" Sean said while holding down his hand.

It wasn't long before a group of doctor and nurses broke their entrance into the room, hustling their way toward the patient.

"How are you feeling Youngbae-ssi?" The doctor asked after he reached the bed side and noticed Youngbae has regained consciousness.

"Where am I....?" Youngbae asked weakly, looking confused and dazed as his eyes scanned the room groggily.

"You're in the hospital Youngbae-ssi, do you remember what happened?" The doctor asked.

Youngbae tried to recall his memories but he grimaced when a sudden pain rushed through his body.

"What's wrong Youngbae-ah?" Sean asked worriedly.

"My chest hurts" He grunted, gritting his teeth against the pain.

"It's from the gunshot wound, don't worry Youngbae-ssi I will give you something for the pain" The doctor said.

The word gunshot has triggered a flashback for Youngbae, where the image of his mother aiming a gun at Jiyong came rushing back at him. His mind rewinded the dreadful scenes like they were just happened minutes ago.

Youngbae made a sudden move to bring himself up but ended up with agonizing groan as a new level of pain shot up through his chest.

"Yah stay still Youngbae-ah! You're not allowed to get up yet" Sean warned, pressing Youngbae's body back down on to the bed.

"Where's Jiyong? Is he safe?" Youngbae asked, his eyes staring at Sean's, demanding an immediate answer.

"He's alive unfortunately, thanks to you and your stupid act" Sean answered, giving him a cold gaze "So just stay still and let the doctor do his job" Sean removed his hand and let the doctor check on Youngbae's stats. He gave him another dose of painkiller to ease the pain.

The next time he woke up, Youngbae's eyes met with a pair of tired and sad eyes. It made his heart constricted, knowing exactly it was him that has brought pain and exhaustion to its owner.

"Hi mom...." He called her gently.

"It's good to hear your voice again Youngbae-ah..." She smiled but tears slowly made their way down on her beautiful face.

Youngbae reached out a hand, ignoring the pain it caused and wiped her tears gently with the back of his thumb. He lowered his hand and took one of her hand in his.

"I'm sorry mom....I disappointed you" He said ruefully and gave her hand a light squeeze.

She took a deep breath and let it go. Leaning forward, she reached up and ran her fingers through Youngbae's hair. She then lowered her hand and gave a few light taps on his son's chest, signaling that it was alright.

"Let's just forget about the revenge Youngbae-ah, there's nothing more important than you" She said firmly.

Youngbae couldn't believe what he just heard, after years of futile attempts to convince her on giving up on the revenge, finally it took him almost his life to make her change her mind.

"R-Really? Is it true mom?" Youngbae asked, his face beamed with happiness.

It hurt her to see how happy his son because of this, knowing how much G-Dragon meant to his son.

"I mean it, however you have to promise me two things Youngbae-ah" She said while looking at Youngbae with hopeful eyes.

"I can promise you anything if you're willing to give up on your revenge mom" Youngbae smiled and kissed her hand softly.

"First, you have to come and live with me in US and second you're not allowed to have any contact with Kwon Jiyong anymore"

Youngbae always knew if ever someday his mother willing to give up on her revenge, cutting any sort of connections with Jiyong would be the thing she would ask of him. He has been well prepared for this situation or he thought he has, because when it did really happen, he felt extremely uneasy.

He feared for Jiyong, what will happen to him if he wasn't around to neutralize his tendency of self destruction. But he must also accept the fact that it was already a miracle for his mother to be able to give up on her revenge, asking her to accept Jiyong as his friend was just impossible.

"I will do everything you've asked of me mom, but please at least give me a chance to say goodbye. Moreover after what just happened, I need to let him know that I am fine and"

"No! If I let you see him, you would change your mind Youngbae-ah" She cut him off.

"No mom I won't, I can promise you that....please you have to trust me" He pleaded

"Youngbae-ah, listen to me, I'm already willing to let him live, please don't ask me more than I can give. I let you see him from afar before we go, just to give you a peace of mind but that's it. I can always change my mind if you force me to" She warned before releasing her grip on Youngbae's hand and left the room.

Few weeks later....

A black suv car pulled up at the street across a fancy western restaurant. The car's window was so dark that you could barely had a glimpse of its passengers.

"He often came to this restaurant lately, he always sit by the huge window, you can see him from here" Sean said.

Youngbae recognized the place, it was the last place he had a fancy dinner with Jiyong, he offered him a lavish treat. Jiyong often treated him with lunch and dinner but that night it was just different, the food price was over the top and he was acting somehow strange.

Youngbae's eyes landed at the figure who sat by the window, eyes staring at nothing in front of him, he was there alone. Judging by the sharper chin , Youngbae knew Jiyong must've been losing some weight. He sighed at the scene and kept reminding himself not to open the door and went over to Jiyong, because he has this tremendous urge to scold him to eat more.

"We need to go, your mom is already on her way to the airport" Sean words cut him out of his revery.

Youngbae shifted his gaze to Sean and gave him a light nod. He let out a heavy sigh and took a last glance when the car slowly made its way through the buzzing street.

I don't know if this is the best thing for you Jiyong -ah, but this is the only thing that I can do to protect you......please appreciate your own life and give yourself another chance to trust someone, because you're worth it....

Jiyong turned his head and looked outside the window, it was busy with numerous cars with different type and colors taking their turns passing by the street. It's been several weeks since Youngbae died and somehow it felt that huge part of himself also died with him. He had no tears to shed anymore, because he felt nothing. He just an empty shell that kept on looking for proof of his previous existence by tracking down the memory lane.

"I'm nothing without you Youngbae-ah....I am no one..."

 

*Author Note*

To all my readers, I'm truly sorry for the always late update, I am caught up with works with additions that I am a turtle speed writer >.< I hope you all can bear with me and I really appreciate all the comments and subscribes from you guys *hugz*