Grief

Torn

"I beg you, please tell me he's alive" Jiyong pleaded, kneeling on his knees while tightly holding Sean's hands. They were at the hospital's hallway, Jiyong had caused a scene because the security prohibited him from entering the OR waiting room. Sean had to come out and order him to calm down.

"Jiyong get up!" Jinu warned, standing behind him and watching with absolute despise at the scene before him. He picked up Jiyong at Youngbae's apartment after Jiyong gave him a call, sounded so desperate and loss.

"Hi Jinu, it's been a long time, nice to see you again" Sean said cynically. They used to be in good terms but things went awry after his boss was allegedly murdered by Mr. Kwon.

"Cut your bull Sean" Jinu replied, reaching forward to bring Jiyong back on his feet.

"Just take him away, nobody welcomes him here" Sean said coldly and his heels.

"No,no,no please, you have to tell me, how's Youngbae?" Jiyong begged, grabbing Jinu's right hand to prevent him from leaving.

"That's none of your business!" Jinu yanked his hand free "Don't you think you've caused enough?! You better pray he'll survive or else I'll kill you!"

"That's enough!" Jinu meddled, sensing the situation was about to get out control.

"Then get loss both of you! You're just making things worse here!" Sean barked and then left with haste.

Jiyong was about to chase him when Jinu grabbed his hand and prevented him to move further.

"Jiyong please have some dignity! You're disgracing Kwon family!" Jinu said harshly.

Jiyong turned around to face him and let out a cynical laugh "Dignity? Kwon family? They've long gone Jinu hyung, the only thing that matters to me right now is Youngbae!"

"I hope he's dead, so you'll stop acting like this!" Jinu said in contempt, for him Kwon Family was everything, he lived to serve them.

Hearing those words made Jiyong snappep and unconsciously landed his fist at Jinu's cheek out of rage, sending the older couple of steps backward.

Jinu brought his thumb up to wipe the blood at the corner of his lips "You brought this to yourself, should've finished him when both of you weren't this attached"

"It was my fault....I shouldn't have let him in, none of these would happen if we weren't friends" Jiyong muffled, covering his crying face with his right hand.

"Don't you dare blaming yourself! it was him that" Jinu's words suddenly came to a halt when he saw Sean with few others marching their way toward them. Sean fished out a gun and aimed it at Jiyong, anger was clearly depicted on his face.

Jinu pulled out his gun and swiftly stood in front of Jiyong to protect him. People around the hallway were screaming and running when they saw both of them were pointing gun at each other.

"Are you crazy Sean, we are in the hospital!" Jinu warned, clearly taken aback by Sean's sudden stunt.

"Like I care! Youngbae is dead!" Sean seethed, tightening his grip on the gun.

Jiyong stared at him wide eyed "What? You're lying! Youngbae is not dead!! You're lying!!!" Jiyong screamed and was about to lunge forward when suddenly a few men caught him from behind.

"Bring him back, I'll settle this" Jinu ordered, it turned out that he had called some of his men to come, knowing the situation would go south if anything bad happen to Youngbae.

"No! I want to see him! Let me go!" Jiyong elbowed one of the men and kicked the other, he was fast and almost freed himself when Jinu suddenly knocked him down from behind.

"Take him" He ordered.

"Do you really think I will let him go just like that?!" Sean barked from behind.

"No, but you must, do you really want us to have blood bath here Sean?! At least you have to conduct a proper funeral for Youngbae first, we can always continue after that" Jinu said.

"I'll come to find him, mark my word" Sean hissed, turning around and ordered his man to follow suit.

 

30 minutes earlier

"How's my son? He's alive right?" Mrs. Dong asked with teary eyes when the doctor finally came out from the OR.

"He barely makes it, but your son is a strong man mam, he managed to pull through" The doctor smiled.

Mrs. Dong cried wholeheartedly "Thank you, thank you so much doctor" she bowed coupled of times, expressing her gratitude.

"What should we do with that Kwon outside?" Sean asked after the doctor left.

"You go and tell him that Youngbae is dead" She said coldly.

"What? But Youngbae is alive, why"

"Just do as I say! And you must convince him, he must believe that Youngbae is dead" She cut his words, wiping her tears away with her hands and staring at Sean right in the eyes.

"But why Mrs. Dong? What do you want to achieve by doing this?" Sean asked

"I will spare the Kwon, I'll give up on my revenge but I can't have him as my son's friend! He won't give up on Youngbae, more over after he risked his life to save him" She replied.

"I understand, I'll make sure they believe it" Sean said.

 

Mrs. Dong sat beside the bed, she held his son's hand tightly in hers. Her eyes trailed all the tubes and cables that connected to Youngbae's body. She couldn't hold back the tears that kept streaming down her cheeks. Her mind kept replaying the horrifying scene where she almost killed her own son.

"Does he mean that much to you Youngbae-ah? His father killed your father and brother, how can you shield him with your own body?" She said in disbelief.

"I will take you out of Korea, we will leave everything behind, it will be just the two of us and we will start everything new" She smiled and brushed a few loose strands of hair out of his face.

"Dong Young Bae is dead, you will live with a new name from now on, how does Taeyang sound? I hope you'll have a bright future and leave all the dark memories behind" She got up and kissed him on the forehead.

Jiyong woke up in his bed with major headache, it took him couple of seconds to take his surroundings in. When the flash of previous event came to engulf him, he bolted his way toward the door and turned the knob but it was locked from the outside.

"Open this door! I want to see Youngbae!!" He shouted in despair, kicking the door with force.

"He's dead, there's nothing you can do Jiyong -ah" Jinu's voice was heard from the outside.

"No! He's lying!! Youngbae is alive!!! Open this door!" Jiyong kicked harder, Jinu was afraid that Jiyong would hurt himself if he kept forcing his way out so he ordered one of the man to open the door.

Jiyong was immediately grabbed by three men when he got outside his room. He ordered them to let him go but they refused it so he started to attack them to break free.

"Kwon Jiyong come to your senses! Youngbae is dead!" Jinu yelled in anger.

"I won't believe it until I see with my own eyes Jinu hyung! He's not dead until I say he is!" Jiyong hissed after he knocked down the men.

"They already hold his funeral, what more proof do you need Jiyong-ah? You just have to accept it, Youngbae is no longer with us" Jinu said.

Jiyong was caught in silence after hearing those words, his eyes stared in disbelief at Jinu's.

"No, no.... it's not true....please tell me you're lying Jinu hyung...." Jiyong pleaded, his knees suddenly buckled and he sat down helplessly on the cold floor.

"It's the truth Jiyong-ah and don't try to go to his funeral, they'll kill you there" Jinu warned, knowing exactly what Jiyong would do after hearing it.

Jiyong let out a despair chuckle and tears started running down his cheeks "That actually sounds great Jinu hyung, Youngbae is probably waiting for me right? Then maybe I can see him again" He laughed as tears made the world turned into blur.

"He was your best friend, you knew him better than I did, ask yourself what Youngbae would've really wanted Jiyong-ah" Jinu said, trying to talk some sense into him.

Jiyong clenced his fists, his lips trembled as sobs racked his body. He wept, tears streaming from his chocolate brown eyes, loud, heaving sobs tearing from his throat in a desperate battle against the grief, knowing exactly what Youngbae would've wanted, it was for him to live his life and be happy.