Chapter XIX

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, I apologize for the unplanned hiatus. Things had been hectic in my personal life so it's hard for me to write nowadays. Maybe that's why what I write is even more dark and angst than usual. This chapter was supposed to be longer, but there is so many bad things happening already I chose to cut it in two, to let you digest this load of angst first before adding another layer. So next should be mainly about Sunggyu's downfall (and consecutively everything he planned and hoped for) This chapter is wooya/myungyeol centered. And don't be fooled by it : it is only the beginning.

 

Following the CEO’s instructions, Hoya and his usual team of managers, stylists, makeup artists and so forth took a plane for Jeju first thing in the morning. The agency has organized an exclusive with the magazine Vogue Korea, and he has to do a photoshoot and interview with the woman soon to be revealed to the public as his girlfriend. It was the best way, the CEO figured, to make a marketing deal out of it and turn the scandal into something bringing in money for the company. Hoya hated it, but then again, he didn’t have much choice. Dongwoo, on the other hand, stayed in Seoul, and had been told he’d pursue his solo schedule normally and without interruptions. The best way to show strength, the CEO had said, was to keep himself on track and not be affected by the scandal. After all, Dongwoo wasn’t involved in it.

Hoya didn’t like the thought of Dongwoo being left alone, but the elder told him he could handle himself. After he left, his hyung whispered with a secretive smile that he’ll get Sungjong to talk to Woohyun, and it relieved him a bit. He knew Woohyun would listen to Sungjong, first of all because the maknae didn’t take “no” for an answer and that he would bug Woohyun till he listened to him. He was afraid, though, that it wouldn’t be enough.

 Woohyun was peculiar, that he knew. What if he got mad that Howon didn’t bother to come in person and explain himself ? What if, worst of all, he wasn’t able to forgive him ? After all, he did have with Lee Saehee, quite regularly over the past few months. She was willing and convenient. But that, Woohyun wouldn’t care. He had been with someone else, and even if Woohyun knew he had seen other people, it still bothered him, Howon had noticed when they spend the night together.

His train of thoughts were interrupted by a hand over his shoulder. He removed his headphones and turned around to look at the person disturbing his thinking, namely his manager.

“We’re landing soon.” The man informed him. “We’ll go to the location straight away to get you ready for the photoshoot.”

He barely gave him a nod before putting his headphones back, sinking a bit more onto his seat.

 

The shooting will have two sceneries. First, the beach for a romantic, fresh atmosphere, and the other on an empty asphalt road across a hill, for a wild and y vibe. That was what Hoya was told being led to a tent where he had to get prepared. After changing clothes, he let the noonas buzzing around him for his hair and makeup. When everything was done, he was led to a low wall separating the road and the sand, the sight of the sea below was beautiful.

“Hoya-shi, we’ll start by solo pictures before the couple session.” the photographer informed.

“Alright.” The idol said, immediately setting his mind on professional.

The shoot ran smoothly, Hoya being used to be in front of the camera. After an hour and three outfit changes, the crew chief shouted a fifteen minutes break for lunch before the couple shoot. As he walked to the event tent where his managers and staff waited, someone called after him.

“Hoya !”

The idol turned at the familiar sound. Saehee was a few steps behind, looking awkward.

“Can I talk to you ?” she asked nervously, as if she expected to be brushed off.

“Hum… yeah.” He agreed, awkward as well.

They ended up walking along the shore. Saehee was barefoot, her sandals in one hand.

“So, about this… hum… situation…” she started off awkwardly. “From what I heard, your company proposed this idea to avoid the situation to worsen even more… As for me, well, I accepted to play along because a scandal could make me lose all my endorsements, which won’t happen if we come out as a couple. I’m sorry nevertheless. I know your situation, and I’m sorry I made this even more complicated.”

“My company threatened to break my contract if I didn’t play along, so I guess we’re stuck with each other.” he tried to joke but only managed to sound bitter.

“From what I heard, we will tell the media we’ve been dating for eight months and we’ll be breaking up in eight months, so we would have last a year and half.”

“I read my script.” Hoya told her. “I know what to tell the media and how to appear to them. But this” he gestured the two of them, “is not a relationship. It’s a fake glossy cover to appeal people, nothing more. We had , that was it between us. I don’t have feelings for you. Remember that.”

“I know you don’t love me.” She chuckled. “You say another’s name when we . How could I forget ?”

“He refuses to take my calls, he doesn’t answer my texts or kakao messages… He must be really upset with me.”

“Why don’t you ask your friend to go-between ? He’s colleague with him right ?”

“You mean my dongsaeng ?” Hoya said. “I thought of that, but with all the rush, I didn’t get to talk to him."

“I don’t ask you to be a boyfriend for me. We’ll keep it strictly professional, like a forward contract.”

“I’m fine with that.” Hoya stated. “We’ll get together if needed for promotions and few public appearances.”

“Yeah and a prior notification is mandatory.” Saehee added. “You know… just in case we’re busy…” she eluded.

“I wasn’t aware you saw other guys.” Hoya said, taken aback.

“Aww Hoya sweetie, now you sound like a jealous boyfriend.” She cooed at him.

“Shut up.” He brushed it off. “Let’s go back now before someone start looking for us or worse, some journalist to spot us.”

She nodded in agreement and they made their way back to the set.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter