Chapter XVII

Millennium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone ! I almost thought this week won't have an update. Now that my finals are over I work full time and I'm so tired afterwards I can barely write. Plus I must add I'm obssessed with the sixth season of Game Of Thrones -any fans ?- I also have a huge dilemma concerning Millennium, that I shared with some reviewers. I still don't know what would be better so I'm pondering and thinking a lot about the story, that makes me unable to write as fast. But I revamped the foreword and got a poster : isn't it awesome ? Anyway, next Thursday is KCON in Paris and as some of few might know, I'm going so no update on next Thursday. Enjoy this one !

 

Woohyun chopped scallions meticulously before putting it into the soup. He could feel the heat by waves and the buzz of the rush hour. He looked around to check on his staff and frowned as he didn’t see their young apprentice.

“Dongwoon-ah, where is Taehyung ?” he asked –or more shouted because of the noise– to his right hand man.

“Maybe he took his break.” The other man shouted back, himself busy preparing a complex dish.

“How many times do I have to tell all of you !” Woohyun shouted. “No one is allowed to take a break during the rush ! God damnit !” he shouted, rushing outside the kitchen to get the apprentice and bringing him in by pulling his ear. Yes, that sounded like a good idea.

Woohyun found him in the men’s changing room, talking animatedly with some waiters over something he showed them on his phone.

“Yah Kim Taehyung !” Woohyun shouted, making the staff shriek away and the youngest apprentice looking scared. “How many times did I tell you to not take a break during rush hours ? We need everyone in here !” he shouted in a strict and authoritarian tone.

“Sorry Chef !” the youngest of the team apologized, looking frightened.

“I don’t need your sorry !” Woohyun scolded him strongly. “You better be busting your if you want to keep your job !”

“Yes Chef !” Taehyung said, bowing to him.

“And I’m confiscating that.” Woohyun said, taking the young man’s phone. “You’ll get it back after your shift. Now go !”

“Yes Chef !” he nodded before rushing to the kitchen.

Woohyun went to the Chef’s office, intending to put Taehyung’s phone inside his locker. When he was about to do so, he caught a glimpse of the screen, remained unlocked. It was an article from a famous tabloid. The title, huge and bold, was screaming the newest scandal :

INFINITE-H HOYA SPOTTED IN A HOTEL WITH TOP MODEL LEE SAEHEE

Without even realising, Woohyun scrolled down to see more. Despite being reluctant, words like spotted leaving a hotel together and tender gestures exchanged were jumping in his sight. He clenched his jaw and shut his eyes tightly. He couldn’t be upset over this. He had a job to do. The American investors were coming to Millennium Hotel, and Woohyun couldn’t let Sunggyu down. So, like a professional, he put the phone in his locker and cleared his mind, bringing it to focus on his work and shut down anything not work-related. He will deal with his unstable emotions later. Right now was neither the place nor time.

 

It started early in the morning, though this morning started off normally. Hoya woke up at five since he was on a strict diet coupled with a training program to build up for an upcoming role in a drama. He made himself a protein milkshake as a breakfast and went to the running machine in the living room to do some cardio first. He adjusted his watch se he could check his heartbeat as well as his exercise. After thirty minutes at a good pace, he switched to the pec fly machine to work on his pectorals. He was in the middle of his session when one of his managers burst in the apartment.

“Thank God you’re here !” the man said, breathless. “Where is Dongwoo ?”

“Slept at friend’s.” Hoya retorted. “Why ? What’s wrong ?” he asked, getting up and grabbing a towel, wiping the sweat off his nape.

“You don’t know ?” the man looked at him in disbelief.

The two men ended up starring at each other until the manager sighed.

“Look at your phone. You’re making the headlines and it’s not good.”

Hoya grabbed his phone and went on Naver. The first searched item was Lee Saehee Hoya dating, and the next others were variations of it. He clicked to a random article and saw pictures obviously taken the day before, when they both parted ways at the hotel.

“ !” he cursed loudly.

“Well said.” His manager said. “That’s a very delicate situation you put ourselves in. The fans are going crazy all over the web, the CEO is trying to handle the press but since it came out online there is nothing we can do.”

Hoya was barely listening. The only thing he could think about was those lies, and the people it might hurt.

“I have to go.” he said frantically, taking his sport hoodie and putting it on.

“You won’t go anywhere !” the manager told him, gripping his shoulder tightly. “There is a crowd of reporters outside waiting for you. You stay here, that’s the instruction.”

“Listen, there’s someone I need to see. Right now.” Hoya said, shrugging to get rid of the manager’s hold.

“No you can’t.” the manager said back, grabbing his arm with more force this time. “We have instructions. You stay here while the company tries to clean the mess you made by being careless.”

“You don’t understand ! I need to go ! I can’t let him assume things ! I have to let him know…” Hoya said, frantic.

“Now is not the moment.” His manager answered. “Right now, you have to stay here and lay down. Give me your phone.”

“What ?” Hoya exclaimed, outraged.

“Give me your phone.”

After some physical struggle and threats, Hoya finally gave his phone to the man, along with a murderous gaze.

“You stay here. Two people are guarding the door in case you got the idea of leaving.” His manager said.

“I hate you.” Hoya said with all the disdain he could muster.

“Well, you brought this on yourself.” The man answered. “Now where is Dongwoo ?”

 

Sungjong stretched like a cat as he lazily went to the kitchen to prepare br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter