Now I Know

Monsta X's Shownu Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's break up.", he coldy said without looking at you. You trying to search him in the eyes, trying to find the lies but not to avail because he was avoiding you. You grabbed him by his shoulder and asked him to look at you.

"You're joking, right?", you asked him, trying to hold yourself from crying. He slapped your hand away and looked into your eyes.

"I said, let's break up! Was it too hard to understand or you're too stupid for yourself?", he harshly said. You were taken back by his words and took a few step back. He then looked away again, obviously not wanting to see your face.

"Hyunwoo...", you calls and you were shaking.

Hyunwoo scoffed and walked away from you, leaving you behind with sadness. You can't move your feet to chase him at all. All you could do was staring at him who was began to fade away from your sight. When you no longer see him, you broke down and cries out loud not caring at all if people were looking at you.

Slowly, you stood up and walked away from the place. You felt really weak because of the painful broken heart that Hyunwoo had caused. You brought your hand to your chest and tightly clutched it. You were unfamiliar with the pain because this is the first time you deal with your own broken heart. All this time, it was your friends.

Now, you know what it feels like. You feel your stomach churn and it feels like so hard to breath even though you were breathing fine.

You wonder what mistake had you commited that made Hyunwoo decided to break up with you. You both were okay three days ago and you both had fun. You didn't see this is coming because everything is perfectly fine.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my God!", your brother gasped at your miserable state. You were wet and crying. Not to mention that your make up was ruined. Luckily you didn't apply a heavy make up or you probably looked like an idiot. However, you really don't give a about how you look right now.

"What happen to you?", he asked as he pulled you inside of the house. You lived alone with your older brother, Hyungwon ever since your father died when you were in high school. Your mother had died long time ago because of cancer.

"What did I do?", you softly said, not looking at your brother.

"What are you talking about?", he asked, confused.

"Am I a bad person?", she asked again, not answering her brother's question.

"Did something bad happen", he took a seat beside you and give you a warm hug. That's when you broke down in his arm, again. You don't know why but everytime you think about what Hyunwoo had said to you, you feel the pain again and you feel like breaking down once again.

You cried so hard on your brpther. He couldn't do anything but to hug you and comfort you.

After a few minutes, you seems to calm down and you began to let go of your brother.

"Ahhooo...", he sighed when he saw how swollen your face was. He brought his slim fingers to your face and wipe all your remain tears. Now, mind to tell me what happen?", he asked.

"Hyunwoo...", you paused. "He broke up...with me.", you said, half-whispered. Again, Hyungwon brought you in his arms and hugged you tight.

"I'm here with you. I'll be always here by your side.", he said. "You need anything, just find me. Okay?", he added and you nods.

"I want to meet Hyunwoo again, tomorrow.", you said as you losen the hug. Your brother give you a look, obviously disagree with you. "I'm sorry Hyungwon, I couldn't help with it.", you paused. "Please, this will be the last time. I just...want to see him for the last time."

 

 

 

The next day, you had to put on a heavy concealer on your swollen face. You didn't forget to cover half of your face with scarf. It doesn't look that weird since it's winter and it's normal to wear scarf around your neck.

You were now at front of his door but you were hesitate to ring the bell. You stood there for about a few minutes when you decided to ring the bell. You didn't come all the way to stand in front of his door. 

You ring the bell and waited for the door to be open. After a few seconds, you heard someone yelled and gets the door. You were kind of disappointed whe the person who opened the door wasn't Hyunwoo, your ex-boyfriend but Jooheon, his half-brother.

"Oh...", he gasped. Totally shocked at you were here and seems like he already knew that you had broke up with his brother. Judging from his shock expression, he didn't expect  you to come to the house after the break up.

"Can I meet Hyunwoo?", you asked politely.

"He doesn't want to see you.", he said. He sounds casual. No hate, no stutter and no hesitate.

"But I want to see him.", you pleaded. "Please, just this one last time. I want to meet him, please.", you pleaded him.

"Oh come on, woman! Which part of the 'he doesn't want to see you' that you didn't understand? I'll explain.", he sarcastically said as he rolled his eyes.

"Jooheon, please.", you keep on pleading.

"Please! Just go home. He doesn't want to see you, alright?!", with that he slammed the door in front of your face. You were very, very disappointed because you didn't get to meet Hyunwoo.

"Goodbye.", you whispered to the door. "I love you, Hyunwoo.", with that you walked away.

At that moment, you had decided that you'll try to forgot Hyunwoo for the rest of your life.

 

 

 

"You heard that?", Jooheon asked his brother who was had been behind the door all the time. Jooheon couldn't help but let out a frustration sigh towards his brother. He heard everything that you had said to Jooheon. Hyunwoo closed his eyes and gulped down. He feel really bad. Really, really bad for making you miserable. 

Hyungwon had called him yesterday, telling him about your condition when you gets home. To be honest, it broke his heart too.

He looked at Jooheon with teary eyes and gave him a sad smile before shaking his head. "I just had no choice...", Hyunwoo said, looking down.

"You have! You can just go tell her the truth and you both will be happy!", Jooheon said.

"I don't want to hurt her.", he replied.

"What's the different now, Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter