By Your Side

Monsta X's Shownu Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC’s POV

“Guys, come on. We need to practice! The competition is just around the corner.”, Shownu said. I stood up, not saying anything and then proceed to gather and practice. I was told that I did not try enough every time I messed up choreography and the blocking. No matter how hard I tried, I keep messing up and the pressure is building up.

“What are you doing?”, he asked. I lowered my head down and muttered an apologise. Think that he would let it go is definitely wrong because he did not. Probably because the competition is around the corner and he was pressured because I keep messing things up. I did not talk back to him, not making some rude remarks. I just took it all in and because I respect him as a leader.

“If you think this competition is some kid play to you, you are wrong. Even if it is a kid play, it is still very important to some people—people like me.”, he stood in front of me and gave me a solid  fifteen minutes of lectures. “And now get your back together and do it properly. You just waste our precious fifteen minutes of practicing.”, Shownu turned around and ordered to proceed on practicing.

 

 

Today is the day. Everyone was nervous and we were waiting for our turn. I don’t want to mess things up so I keep practicing alone without them knowing. I have been lost in track of time while practicing alone and someone actually have to look out for me and I received another scold.

“Look, just for today can you please not things up?!”, Shownu raised his voice and this is the first time. No one says anything but I did not expect anyone to back me up when I am the one who is at fault. “If you can’t make it easy for us, please don’t be burden to us.”, he added. Again, I muttered an apologise. 

Our turn will be in a few minutes and we were at the back stage, standby for our turn. When the other team finished their performance, it is our turn. Gulping. I went out to the stage. The tense, the pressure—I could feel it all.

 

 

A fifteen minutes of performances did take my breathe away but I was considering backing out from the team after the performance because I don’t want to be their burden.

I stood there, behind the curtains at the backstage. They seems like not even realised that I was not there. They were going to announce the winner and I was hopping that we could win. I am not asking much, just a winning for my team, our team. Because Shownu said this competition is important to him.

“And the winner is…”, the long paused really making everyone anxious. “Starship Crew!!!”. the MC said and I was so happy for them, for our team. I was about to run to them for a group hug but it seems like they do not need me there. Watching them for the last time before walking away.

“Let me make things easier for you.”

 

 

Shownu’s POV

That was the last day I was in contact with her. Though we won but she was left out from the group photo. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter