The Light

Monsta X's Shownu Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You once dreamt a marriage but not this kind of marriage, not with someone who you had never love or know. You held your head hight, gathering all your encourage. There, stood a man beside you who is going to be the husband of your life.

As soon as the vows finished, you both faced each other. You observed his face and he was calm, no sign of nervous in his eyes. He moved forward for a kiss but you turned away and kissed your cheek instead.

You managed to whispered something to him.

"Don't you dare to kiss me."

 

 

 

 

You despised men, every single on of them. In those times, you just had enough with men. To you, living alone without men is your choice and you managed. Without men for all these years and your mother worried about you. She told you to get yourself a husband but you refused. Saying that being alone was good.

So good that you could live in a deserted island alone. 

Those time were hard for you. You brokedown alone with no one by your side but your mother. The moment that you realized everything was a lie, you build yourself a wall. The barrier for you with men because you just don't want to associate with them anymore. By doing that, you feel so free.

At the moment, all you care was only yourself.

You woke up by the sound and nice smells from the kitchen. You know who was making those in the kitchen. Slowly, getting off from your bed and made your way to the bathroom, getting ready for work.

As soon as you stepped on the dining room, you smell the scent of coffee and you liked it. You made your way to the kitchen and found your husband was there, brewing coffee while cooking breakfast, as usual.

He turned around and saw you standing at the entrance. "Oh!", was the only thing he said first. "Good morning.", he smiled, revealing his adorable eye smile.

"Morning.", you replied and took a glass from the cabinet before making your way to the fridge.

"Breakfast?"

"No. Thank you.", you said as you grabbed some juice. "I'm late.", you added and washed the used glassed. 

You always said that every single day, hoping that your husband got the hint that you don't want to be with him. Either he's too stupid to realize the hint or he ignored the hint that you had gave him. 

His attitude made you asking yourself, when will he get tired with all of these things happening between them.

"Oh.", he paused. "Okay then.", he said as his eyes followed your movement. Althought you can't see it but you could feel his gaze were on you. You walked out from the kitchen and went straight to the door. Before you could close the door, you heard a faint voice from kitchen.

"Be careful.", it was your husband.

 

 

 

 

 

"How about giving your husband a chance?", your friend said as she feed herself salad. You looked up and rolled your eyes, taking a sip of your latte.

For the umpteenth time, you sighed. You had lost count.

She had been always dropping the same topic each time both of you meet for a meal or hangout on weekend. She never failed to annoy you with the marriage issue and asking about your husband.

"You know the answer, Moonbyul.", you looked down.

Moonbyul put down her fork and picked her fingers infront of you. "Not all men are the same. You're on your denial stage, babe.", she said and continue to eat her salad.

"Which part of men that are not the same, Byul?", you sounds pissed but trying to keep your cool. "You've seen what I had been through! How could you?", you hissed.

"Hey, cool down.", Moonbyul gasped. "I was just...suggesting.", she added.

"You've been suggesting that for almost a year, Byul!", you said and stood up, grabbed your coffee before leaving Moonbyul and her salad.

"I don't want to hear about this issue again.", with that you walked away and left the dumbfounded Moonbyul. 

"Did I say something wrong?"

 

 

 

 

 

"How's your wife?", Hoseok asked as he sipped on his coffee. Hyunwoo shook his head and gave him a smile. At the beginning of the marriage, it was okay for Hyunwoo to talk about his wife with his friends. But as times flew, he doesn't think that it was okay anymore. Especially your attitude. 

He wondered where did he got wrong?

"Still the same.", he said and looked down, trying to avoid the gaze that his friends gave him.

He was deadlocked. He wasn't sure what he should do to fix their marriage. He almost did everything and nothing was working out. You're still being cold towards him and sometimes ignored him. All he wanted is you to see that he was waiting for you, to be that somebody that could be the happiness and light in your life.

"Do you know how strong you are right now?", Hyungwon asked and all Hyunwoo could do is chuckled. To think that question again, he also wondered how strong he was.

"You have no idea, Hyunwoo.", Hoseok added and Hyunwoo just shrugs.

"This is not something that I wanted to proud off, guys. I am not proud of what happen to me.", Hyunwoo looked away. "I don't think that she see me as a husband because she sometimes looked at me as if I'm her enemy.", he sighed.

"Have you ever thought about a solution?", Changkyun asked and earned some looks from the elders.

"I did, Changkyung. I really did. I did almost every possible solution that it could be but nothing work out.", Hyunwoo replied.

"How about....", Changkyun paused.

"...and what is that?", Hoseok asked. He had a bad feeling about something that the youngest might say.

"A divorce?", he said and two slaps from both Hoseok and Hyungwon. 

"We're trying to save a marriage here, kid. Not to ruin one!", Hoseok hissed. His feeling was right when he felt bad about the suggestion.

"It's okay, Hoseok.", he paused and looked over Changkyun which earned shocking looks from the three of them. "He got a point."

"What?! Are you serious?", Hyungwon asked, still in shock.

"Just in case.", Hyunwoo said. "If she isn't happy with me, what can I do? Plus, there's no point to keep her around me.", he added.

"I did try my best to keep the marriage but she's not.", Hyunwoo lowered his gaze.

"But, Hyunwoo. You better figured other things out. Things might worked out better and divorce isn't the best option, yet.", Hoseok said.

"I'll try my best."

 

 

 

 

 

A month has passed since the conversation that Hyunwoo had with his friends. He acted natural and normal, like nothing happen. He wanted to give you more time and space but he too think that the time and space he had gave to you was enough.

He had enough.

It's almost ten in the evening but Hyunwoo wasn't sleepy yet. He was watching television, his favorite show while waiting for you to come home. When the clocked showed almost past ten, he heard someone unlock the door from outside. Knowing who it was, he slowed down the volume and waited you to come in. 

"You're home.", Hyunwoo who was watching television turned his head to the door where you just get in. He took the remote control on the coffee table before switched it off.

"Yeah.", you said and took off your shoes.

"We need to talk.", Hyunwoo said.

"About what?", you asked.

"About us.", he replied.

"About us?", you laughed. "Which part about 'us' that you wanted to talk about? I thought we had nothing.", you added.                          

"It's about you.", he paused, looking at you. "What do you want in your life?"

You gulped down, suddenly feeling both nervous and intimidating. Probably because this is the first time that you talked face to face with him. It's not that you never talk to him face to face. 

You did.

But right now, something doesn't feels right. Maybe because your husband was being serious. You looked around and gulped once again before answered his question. You looked up, into his eyes.

"I just want to be happy.", you said. "But not with you. I have no intention to be happy with you and had warned you when we were married."

You finally have the guts to say them. You know it might hurt his feelings but at least he knows. You also, in the other hand wanted him to be happy with someone else. As bad and as cold you are, you still feel sympathy towards him.

Son Hyunwoo was kind, very kind. Way too kind. But he doesn't deserve to be with someone like you. Someone who despised men, a lot.

"Why you didn't refuse the marriage?", he asked, confused.

"As bad as I may look, I just want my mother to be happy. That's why I agree with this.", you paused. "I'm sorry that you stucked with me but...I did this for my mother.", you looked away.

"What?", he shrieked. "Do you think marriage is kind of game?", he questioned you.

"Doesn't men always see it as one?", you smirked. "Look, Mr. Son.", you paused. "I suggested you to find someone else that would like to play this game with you because I'm not interested.", you added. You was about to walk away until Hyunwoo talked back.

"Am I that easy to you?", he sounds hurt.

"No.", you said. "You are one strong opponent to me.", you turned around and greeted his hurtful expression.

Hyunwoo pinched the bridge of his nose and gritted his teeth. He turned around and let a heavy sigh. You was about to walk away but again, was stop because he called you.

He called you by your full name.

"I really had enough with all these bulls.", he said. "I'm tired.", he added before walked away, leaving you in the living room.

 

 

 

 

 

You went to a cafe near to your workplace one fine evening. You had been asking Moonbyul to come with you but she refused, saying that he got a lot of work to do. That's why you were alone, buying coffee for two.

For you and Moonbyul.

"Excuse me.", you heard someone called your name from behind. You turned around to see a good looking stranger. He seems familiar to you but you don't know who he was.

"Yes?"

"Sorry, I'm Minhyuk. Lee Minhyuk.", he paused and you looked at him, confused. You wondered who is this good looking guy in front of you who introduced himself as Minhyuk.

What does he wants from me? You thought.

"O...kay?"

"I'm Hyunwoo friend.", he said and you gasped. You finally remember this guy in front you. He was the one who singing with crack voice in your wedding. Althought you wasn't happy about the marriage but at least this Minhyuk guy made your worst day to a better day.

"Oh yeah. I remember you.", you said.

"Since I met you in this nice place, let's find a place to sit.", he offered. You were hesitate at first but in second thought, your coffee might take some times because there were a lot of customers. Once you both found a place to seat, you settled yourself.

"How are you?", he asked.

"Just good.", you shrugged.

"You lied.", he smiled.

"What do you mean?", you asked, trying to hide panic expression on your face.

"Hyunwoo told us everything.", he's still smiling. "You know what? We all wondered what so special about you? He keep talking about you non-stop for the first three months of the marriage. He was happy back then but he changed.", he paused. "What did you do to him?", Minhyuk wasn't smiling anymore.

"What do you mean?", you were c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter