Chapter 7

My mismatch

"It just came?"

 

"Like lightning..."

~

 

"I have work omma, but I'm sure I can spare some time for lunch with you." Jiyeon says, with her mom on the other line of the phone. "Please do, darling. We haven't seen you for quite some time now." Her mother said over the phone. Jiyeon continued to talk to her mother before hanging up through her earpiece. 

 

As she continued to drive to her office and crossed the lane, she turned her head to see a truck coming at fast pace. She was panicking, her car not able to move faster.... 

 

At that moment, she saw everything flash in her eyes. From birth, to first steps, to first word... First friend, first enemy, first love, first heartbreak, first kiss, first dance, first audition, learning life at its hardest. To the first time she met Kyuhyun, to the day she met Yesung and Hyesun.

 

~

 

"Yah~ Jiyeon, what happened?" 8-year-old Kyuhyun asked the crying 7-year-old Jiyeon. "H-He bullied me—!!! Oppa!!!" She whined as she hid her face in her hands. He crouched down and rubbed her back gently.

 

"Don't cry, Jiyeon..." He coos softly, a frown on his lips. Jiyeon just sniffled and huffed in her own childish way. He then stood up. "Who bullied you?" He asked angrily, if the present Jiyeon sees this younger Kyuhyun she would say he looked rather cute than menacing.

 

Jiyeon points to the bad-looking little boy as she wept, Kyuhyun huffed before walking over to boy and punched him. After that single punch, one turns to two, then to many. 

 

The 10-year-old Ara saw her brother quarreling she quickly went over and separated Kyuhyun from the boy as he was being separated by his other friends. "Don't EVER hurt my sister again!" Kyuhyun yelled as he struggled in his sister's grip.

 

"Kyu! Kyu, calm down..." Ara says as she held her brother tight. The other boys scoffed at him before running off. "Kyu... Why would you fight them?" She asked as she inspected her brother.

 

"Their leader hurt Jiyeon, so I punched him!" Kyuhyun says with a huff, not meeting his noona's gaze. Ara sighed and looked at the few bruises he got. "Where's Jiyeon?" She asked.

 

Just at that moment, Jiyeon ran to her brother and hugged him tight. "Oppa... Mianhae... You now have bruises because of me..." She whispered, Kyuhyun hugged her back.

 

"Its okay Jiyeon. I will always protect you..."

 

~

 

"Kyu..." The truck then collides with her car. 

 

~

 

"The last thing you said was his name?"

 

"Because at that moment... When that memory flashed before my eyes... I realized, I needed him."