Chapter 9

My mismatch

"You all felt relieved?"

 

"Yeah. She finally woke up, even though she was just under some pills."

 

~

 

"Jiyeon-ah! You're awake!" Eunhyuk said in both surprise and happiness. "Where am I, oppa?" Jiyeon croaks out as she felt a cannula on her nose. "I'll let them know, wait here!" Eunhyuk says giddily before walking out of the room to tell everyone.

 

Jiyeon just looked around the room, the smell making her ill but thanks to the cannula, she couldn't smell it too much..

 

"Jiyeon-ah!"

"Cho Jiyeon!"

"Yah, you made us worry!"

 

Everyone rushed into the room with ecstatic faces. It made her feel at ease to know all the people who mattered were there. Friends, family, some of her oppas, everyone who held a place in her heart was there.

 

"Do you remember anything?" Hyesun hurried over to her best friend, making sure she's alright. "Do you know me?"

 

"Yah, Hyesun-ah!" Jiyeon laughed and hit her best friend's shoulder lightly. "How could I forget you?" She smiled at everyone in the room, sending her message of thanks to them through it like telepathy.

 

"He was worried. A LOT." Hyesun whispered into Jiyeon's ear, making her heart jump. She knew who that person was. 

 

"Are you feeling fine my love?" Yesung approached her, continuing the act. Jiyeon nodded. "I'm glad." Yesung leaned over to give her a light kiss on the forehead like a brother to his sister before whispering, "You don't want to know what he went through. He was here all along." 

 

Kyuhyun then walked to Jiyeon after getting a light nod from Yesung. He wanted to tell her so many things but he couldn't in front of everyone. How he wanted to hold her, tell her how much he felt. But all he could say was, "I'm glad you're awake now. I missed my dongsaeng." And he gave her a hug, giving her his warmth which she longed for. "I miss my oppa too..." She somehow managed to answer him with a smile.

 

"Ms Cho, you're finally awake. Feeling nauseous?" The doctor asked as he walked through the crowd and checked on her. "Kinda. What's with the cannula though?" Jiyeon asked as her slender fingers touched the cannula on her nose.

 

"Well your lungs were struggling to stabilize it's own breathing due to lack of oxygen when the accident happened. You might still need it for a few days." The doctor says, tapping the cannula gently. Jiyeon sighed before leaning back on the pillow.

 

"Well we have to attend to our schedules now. Stay safe, get well, Jiyeon-ah." Siwon said, her hair gently. As he did so, someone felt a twinge of jealousy in his heart. Jealous of how Siwon caressed her. 

 

"Yeah, we'll see you soon Jiyeaon-ah!" Henry tells Jiyeon reassuringly with a happy smile. The others gave her their goodbyes til it was only Yesung and Heechul left. "Hey... I have a schedule today, but I assure you, I'll accompany you when I'm free okay?" He says before giving her a hug and then walked out of the room.

 

"I know you don't love him." Heechul spoke up as he lifted his fedora so he could meet Jiyeon's gaze. "What do you mean, Heechul-ah?" She asks, hiding the disbelief on her face.

 

"You both don't love each other. You both love different people. Its like a mismatch." Heechul says casually as he looked at her. "Why would you think that?" Jiyeon asks, hiding the fidgeting of her fingers.

 

"You don't look at each other the way Yesung looks at Hyesun." Heechul says with a shrug. "And I'm sure you don't feel anything for Yesung as more than a friend." He adds as he looked at Jiyeon.

 

"Please don't tell anyone, Heechul-ah. We've only kept this between each other." Jiyeon says as she frowned, she knew she shouldn't panic for the cannula was the only thing that will keep her alive for the next few days.

 

"Your secret's safe with me, Jiyeon-ah." Heechul says, smiling at Jiyeon who sighed in relief. "By the way... I wanted to share something that I thought about." She spoke up and reached out for the pen and empty pad of paper on the table beside her. 

 

Heechul stood up and handed it to her as he grabbed a chair and places it next to her. "What is it?" He asks as he looks at Jiyeon scribbling words on the paper before handing it over to him.

 

'Your Love, the air that makes me breathe. Your Love, the happiness that wraps around me. Our Love, yeah, what other words are needed baby?'

 

'My Love, I’m always by your side. My Love, if I close my eyes, I can hear you. Our Love, just listen to the sound of my heart baby. I think of you before I fall asleep.'

 

'I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.'

 

'We might not be each other’s firsts, but it’s alright. Because we’ll be each other’s lasts, let’s not think that it’s too late. Let’s think that it’s only the beginning. There are more days to know each other than not having known each other.'

 

'I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.

 

Oh ohoh yeah. You are my everything baby...'

 

'I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.'

 

Heechul nodded in approval before grabbing the pen and paper before thinking about some lyrics. He then started to write and arranged the lyrics. When he finished he handed it to her.

 

'Your Love, the air that makes me breathe. Your Love, the happiness that wraps around me. Our Love, yeah, what other words are needed baby?

 

My Love, I’m always by your side. My Love, if I close my eyes, I can hear you. Our Love, just listen to the sound of my heart baby, I think of you before I fall asleep.

 

I think of you right when I wake up, I check my phone for texts several times. I tune my ear for my phone to ring. Sweetly kiss me, I’ll show you off to my friends. Without change, I love you tomorrow.

 

I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.

 

We might not be each other’s firsts, but it’s alright. Because we’ll be each other’s lasts, let’s not think that it’s too late. Let’s think that it’s only the beginning. There are more days to know each other than not having known each other.

 

Nothing in this world can replace you. Even if everything changes, I won’t change. To me, girl you are so beautiful you know? Will you listen to this song?

 

I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.

 

Oh ohoh yeah. You are my everything baby...

 

Even if it’s not hot, I’ll warmly hug you. I’ll love you in my arms, I hope it’s like this forever. If you promise...

 

I love you, I can’t express it all with words. I love you, now I only need you. Say I do, I love you, only you.

 

I love you, I want to give you everything. I love you, I promise that it’ll be forever. Say I do, I love you, Only You.'

 

"Sarang." They chorused.

 

~

 

"You made a song together while in the hospital?"

 

"Just like when Kyu made the bed song, we made Sarang."