Chapter 4

My mismatch

"Did you even mean it?"

 

"It was just a scandal. A big 'misunderstanding'."

~

 

"Yesung-ah, we'll be on in 15 minutes!" The PD of Mnet shouted, reminding Yesung of the time while he's busy meddling with his phone.

"Ne!" He replied with glee.

 

He scrolled over the feed of his instagram and smiled after seeing his photos with his family, Jiyeon and Super Junior during the engagement party. Even though it was all for show, it still is a good memory.

 

He kept scrolling, only to find something that caught his eye. It was a picture of Kyuhyun and Hyesun on that day, around 3AM, which is 3 hours after their engagement party. The both went on a bar and took a shot of them drinking wine on the same glass with the caption

 

gaemgyu Found my wine 🍷 buddy . Saranghanda ! #wine #drinking #3am #withgirlfriend

 

leehyehye Having the right drink 🍷 with the right person . #wine #drinking #withhim #mycho

 

Hyesun couldn't go to their party and Kyuhyun made it late — not to mention that he almost ruined the mood — and here they were, drinking together. It made him pissed. His blood was boiling, he would've punched anything in his way if he wasn't in the studio.

 

"Yesung-ssi, we're on in 3 minutes, please be on your assigned place now!"

"Ne, algesseumnida." He stood up from his seat and left his phone on the table, trying to make the best smile he could wear. He was after all - a professional.

 

"Okay, we're on! Hana, dul, set!"

"Annyeonghaseyo, Yesung imnida…"

 

The moment he spoke, all the ELFs in the studio screamed. The place was filled with KPop fans so Yesung managed to put on a great expressions and some jokes but he can't really hide it from the other idols. Some of them have already known him for years, let alone f(x). 

 

It was the day of f(x)'s first showcase for 4 Walls and all four of the members were there. The fans were thrilled and they cheered for their favorite and Yesung could only hope that the show would end soon.

 

"And the winner for this week is….f(x)!"

"Chukkahae!"

 

As expected, the girls won. Of course, Amber and Vic noticed Yesung's foul mood behind all those smiles and corny jokes as usual so they decided to invite their sunbae to the afterparty.

 

"Yesung hyung, jal isseo!" Amber playfully hit Yesung's shoulder, hoping it would shake him up.

"Ah, chukkahae Amber-ssi." Yesung bowed and turned away.

"Yah, hyung!" Amber grabbed his wrist. "Since when did you use honorifics and turn your back on me?"

"Mianhae Amber-ah…" Yesung felt apologetic to Amber but he couldn't hold his bad mood in. "I don't feel well..."

"Have a problem?" Vic jumped in.

"Ani." He denied, avoiding any more interrogations. "Just tired. That's all."

"Then let's drink! We're gonna have a party. I'm sure you'll have fun." Amber added.

"Gwenchanayo–"

"Aniyo, Woon-ah. You're too readable. C'mon, just forget about your problem and let's just have fun, okay?" Vic inquired, cutting Yesung's words.

 

He trembled after hearing Vic call him 'Woon-ah'. Only Hyesun called him that. Only her. No one else. But he was too tired to even bicker with them. He just nodded and went along, hoping he could sneak out as soon as possible.

 

They arrived at some club near the studio and it was very loud. There wasn't anyone except for the staff and all the idols who went to Mnet which were invited by f(x). They rented out the whole place. It was sweet.

 

Amber drank with Yesung on the bar, gulping some vodka margarita. They talked and talked as they drink until the both of them couldn't figure out how many glasses they've finished. Some idols came to greet them but didn't stay for long. The both of them were drunk and so Amber bid goodbye to Yesung to go to her unnies.

 

Yesung on the other hand was too drunk to be himself and just let his feet take him to the dance floor. He danced his worries away, thinking that would be the solution.

 

Soon, some girl who was eyeing him since the moment they walked in came closer and started dancing. She was like any of those girls you'd find in the club but Yesung was too drunk to even care. He swayed with her, holding her waist and that turned her on. She danced even closer to him, rubbed herself into him and that was the time Vic noticed the girl to be some wasted known lady and that Yesung could be in trouble. She walked to them and pushed the girl away, pretending to dance with him.

 

"Yesung-ah, let's go to the corner." She leaned in closer and whispered to him since it was so loud.

"Andwae. I'm still dancing."

"Yah, look how wasted you are! You're even letting some random girl dance like that!"

"I don't care! She doesn't even care about me!" Yesung yelled, putting Vic on the edge for moment.

"Look, I don't care about your woman problems but we're still idols and we have responsibilities!" She pulled him out of the dance floor with all her might and it was unbelievably easy because she didn't expect him to be that tipsy. It was too much.

"Unnie, just help oppa out. You know that Super Junior oppas have helped us out in the past too." Krystal tapped Vic's shoulder and just nodded in approval, sensing Vic's idea.

"That's right. Heechul oppa even went to our showcase. He left just a second ago. They look after us really well." Luna agreed.

"Arrasso. Thanks guys. Just cover for me, okay? I'll get back as soon as you know it."

"Fighting!" The girls chorused. "Oh and Vic-" Amber whispered into Vic's ear. "I know you've been waiting for this."

 

Vic knew what Amber meant but Yesung who was leaning on her became too heavy. If arguing with Amber meant holding him any longer, she'd pass.

 

Vic took Yesung to her car and drove to the nearest motel around, hoping to drop him there and just leave but it wasn't what she expected. She took off his shoes and his suit and suit and was about to leave when he suddenly spoke.

 

"Hyesun-ah, don't go with another guy. It's too painful."

 

He grabbed Vic's wrist and took her for Hyesun. Soon she was facing him and inside she was panicking, not knowing what to do when Yesung cupped her face and slowly leaned in. She shut her eyes close in reflex and felt his lips but it wasn't an ordinary, romantic kiss. It was a forced one with so much anger and a mix of regret, she couldn't understand why someone like him who was going to get married cried like the world was ending, let alone mumbling the name of some other girl. She pushed him and he was shaken.

 

"Omo, Mianhae Hye-yah. Jeongmal mianhae." Soon he was crying and she didn't know what to do. She wiped the tears that rolled on his cheeks but he suddenly pulled her in and trapped her into his embrace. Vic's heart raced even though she knew it wasn't her. His heart cried for another girl.

 

"Yesung-ah, she's not me." She managed to say but he held her even tighter.

"Don't leave me."

 

The big boy sobbed and she couldn't do anything. She just calmed him down and put him off to sleep, pitying him and the fact that he's so ruined. She also laughed at herself for going this far to help him, but it's still worth it right? She covered him with a blanket, grabbed a chair and pulled it closer and just stared at him.

 

"Why don't you muster up the courage to tell her that yourself, Yesung-ah?" She pushed his bangs aside. "Well, who am I to tell you that when I can’t even do so myself?" She laughed to herself.

 

The person she was talking to was fast asleep with a tear-stained face and anyone who would see him in his current state would mistake him for some broken jerk. She watched him until her eyes got heavier and fell asleep right beside him.

 

-*-*-

 

BREAKING NEWS. SUPER JUNIOR'S YESUNG AND f(x)'s VICTORIA SEEN GOING TO THE SAME MOTEL TOGETHER AFTER f(x)'s AFTER-PARTY. THEY WERE ALSO SPOTTED LEAVING THE CLUB TOGETHER IN VICTORIA'S CAR. WHAT WERE THESE TWO IDOLS UP TO?

 

~

 

"Did you even tell her?"

 

"I didn't even know that it wasn't her."