Chapter 1

My mismatch

Jiyeon and Yesung packed up their things as they decided to go back to the Villa while Yesung didn't have a schedule to attend to.

 

They walked to Yesung's Subaru XV and got in the car before driving off to the Cho's villa. As they were driving, Jiyeon took a few photos of the scenery that they passed by. 

 

When the gate arrived, the gates automatically opened when the cameras checked to see who the guests were. Jiyeon gave the camera a small wave and a smile.

 

Yesung then parks in the garage, turns the engine off and got out of the car, helping Jiyeon out of the car and they grabbed their things and walked inside the villa. 

 

"Annyeong haseyo agassi, seonsaeng-nim..." The maids chorused, bowing at the couple. Jiyeon and Yesung gave them a smile before walking off to the terrace to look for Jiyeon's parents.

 

"Jungku-ssi, where's omma and appa." Jiyeon asks the guard that was standing by the terrace. "They had an errand to run, Jiyeon. Happy engagement by the way." Jungku said, the both of them bowed and waved him goodbye.

 

"Oh and Jiyeon, you might want to visit your oppa, he's been inside his room for who knows how long." Jungku said with a frown on his face. Yesung turned to Jiyeon who just sighed and nodded.

 

When they reached the living room, Yesung stopped. "I'm gonna stay here and watch some TV, you go ahead and check on Kyu." He said with a reassuring smile. Ever since they were 'together' the only people they could trust were each other.

 

"Okay, I'll be back. Hopefully in one piece." Jiyeon says with a small smile before going up the stairs and down the long hallway, looking for Kyuhyun's room. Each room was engraved with a name so it wasn't too hard to find his room in this large house.

 

She reached his room and knocked. "Oppa! I'm coming in!" She says and pushed open the door to see the same room but next to the usual gaming Kyu was a wine bottle and a few more on the floor.

 

"You're drinking again?" She says as she leaned against the wall. "Shut up, you wouldn't even care if I bought the whole wine stable here." Kyuhyun says in a pissed tone.

 

"Yeah right! I don't freaking care! I don't give a damn care why you were so late last night and your girlfriend used that whole orchestra excuse again!!" Jiyeon replied furiously, catching her breath before regaining her calm. "Oppa, what's going on? Is there something wrong?"

 

Kyuhyun's hand balled up into a fist and continued to play some game to distract himself. "Nothing's wrong. And its not Hyesun's fault the orchestra told her to fill in the empty spot of the performance. And its her job, Jiyeon. Leave it at that." He said bluntly, not even bothering to meet Jiyeon's gaze.

 

"F-fine." Jiyeon bit her lower lip, tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She was so frustrated yet she couldn't blame him. Neither could she blame her husband-to-be nor her best friend.

 

"Hey...look at me." Kyuhyun stood from his seat, sensing the mood getting blue. Of course he would. They've been together since they could start to talk.

"Aniyo. I-.... I'm leaving. Enjoy your game." 

 

Jiyeon turned her back on her brother and was about to leave the room when she felt a tight grip on her wrist. It wouldn't let go but instead it pulled her close to the person who just made her cry a few minutes ago.

 

Before she could even protest, he held her tight like a child kept safe in her mother's arms. She leaned in his chest, hearing the beat of his heart. It was an inviting warmth and she let herself indulge in it. How long has it been since she let herself take in his scent? How much she missed these.

 

"Where have you been all this time without me?" They chorused, when they realized they said the same thing they both blushed madly, but neither of them backed away.

 

~

 

Yesung on the other hand got bored and went out of the villa. He informed the maids in case Jiyeon would come searching for him which is, at the moment, quite impossible.

 

He took his phone from his pocket and dialed Hyesun's number. After some ringing, she finally picked up the call.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"It's me."

"Jongwoon-ssi?"

"You don't call me Yesung? And since when did you use honorifics with me?"

"Because our names sound alike. Since you and Jiyeon are getting married, I figured out I should get used to calling you like this."

"Eodi-ya?"

"I'm with the orchestra."

"Busy much? Why is it quiet?" Yesung asked with suspicion. 

"We're having a long break. I have to-"

"Wait. Don't hang up. Let's talk."

 

The both of them talked about random things like they used to before as Yesung continued walking. He walked out of the prestigious village and continued his journey to wherever his feet will take him. 

 

"Where's Kyu? Did he attend the party yesterday?"

"If you were there you'd know."

"I already told you. We had a gig."

"Kay." Yesung replied, not convinced.

"Jongwoon-ssi?"

"..."

"Jongwoon?"

"..."

"Yah, Woon-ah!"

"Ding ding ding! Call me by that name. Jackpot!"

"Yeah right." She giggled lightly and that made his heart skip a beat. How he missed the way she laughed.

"Hyesun-ah, where did you say you were?"

 

Jongwoon currently stood in front of a cafe and noticed a familiar figure. That figure sat on the chair next to the window so he couldn't be wrong. When he walked closer to the shop, his suspicions were confirmed.

 

"I'm at practice, why?"

"You're wearing red now?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" She replied, startled.

 

The woman sitting by the window looked around in confusion and that only made Yesung even more confident. It was her. She was lying to him but he couldn't bring himself to hate her.

 

He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, pushed the door with all his might and ran to her, panting. The woman who was seemed so down the dumps looked up and gave him a petite smile.

 

"Oppa..." That was all she could manage to say.

 

They were trapped in each other's eyes, never breaking eye contact. Their eyes told stories to each other, the things they couldn't fathom into words. It was as if time stopped.

 

"Hyesun-ah ... I was lonely."

 

~

 

"Then what happened?"

 

"The old times happened. Before the engagement. Before the set up. Those moments we cherished? We were making new ones."