Chapter 6

My mismatch

"What was the feeling telling everyone?"

 

"It was like proving the world wrong, even though their opinions will never change. Like stereotypes."

 

~

 

"Okay, you two. You better answer the press truthfully, we don't want the problem to enlarge." Ara says as she looked at Yesung and Jiyeon who seemed nervous about the whole presscon arrangement.

 

"Now go..." She says but her tone reassuring them. They both walked to where they would be sitting. The flashes of the cameras and rushed questions filled the room as the two of them walked in.

 

They both sat down quietly, and looked at the people. "Jiyeon! Yesung! Is it true that Victoria from f(x) was the lady for this scandal?!" One of the people in the room yelled so their question could be heard.

 

"Uhh... Yes it was her." Yesung said, his hands fiddling with each other while Jiyeon stayed quiet. "Did Jiyeon already know that Victoria was the reason of this conflict?!" Another yelled. Jiyeon adjusted the mic so it was closer to her.

 

"Yes. I did." She answered shortly, glancing Yesung then to the flashing cameras. She her chappy lips as the questions continued to flow.

 

"Why were you even at the bar, Mr Jong Woon?!" Another yelled, Yesung took a deep breath, knowing that this question would come. 

 

"Because the ladies of f(x) invited me, saying that I needed to cheer up after putting on a frown once the awarding finished." He answered truthfully. "Did you even know that there are chances Ms Victoria may have feelings for you?!" Another person yelled, both Yesung's and Jiyeon's eyes widened.

 

"No. I'm afraid I haven't..." Yesung said slowly, looking down at his hands before looking up at the press. "Where were you the time the show started, Ms Cho?" Another person yelled, Jiyeon stopped fiddling her fingers. 

 

"I was with my brother who was supposedly going to take me back to my apartment to which he did. Though I haven't received any contact from Yesung after he told me he was attending a show as a guest host." She answered, wishing she wasn't even in the same room with these nosey people.

 

"Why didn't you go after your fiancé to support him?" Another yelled, Jiyeon looked at the person who asked the question. "Because I was preparing for our wedding." She says bluntly, she couldn't just chop her body in half! What did they expect?!

 

"Was fetching him out of the question?" Another yelled, Yesung decided to let himself speak for this question. "I ask you, Mister. Would you want your wife to go out and drive to you when its past 3am?" Yesung said angrily, the man shook his head. "Then to answer your question in behalf of Jiyeon, no. Fetching me was way beyond out of the question." 

 

"Why was Victoria with you? Why not Ms Cho? Did she know you were with Victoria during that tiknow  Another person asked, in a normal tone this time as the press slowly calmed down.

 

"She was driving me to a motel to stay in since the apartment was far from the bar so I could sober up. And like I said it was already 3am so I couldn't just call her to pick me up, especially when she's a lady. And no, Jiyeon did not know I was with Victoria til it showed up on the news the following day." Yesung answered truthfully as Jiyeon remained silent.

 

"Was there any reason why you would drink so much Mr. Kim that you can't recognize whoever you're with anymore?" Someone asked, Yesung took a deep breath as he fiddled with his fingers.

 

"Well I only drink to the core when I'm affected by something, which I was... It was over a picture... Which... Didn't please me too much." Yesung says, a frown already etched on his face. Jiyeon knowing it all, hid her own frown.

 

"Picture? Why would such picture upset you?" Another reporter asked from the middle of nowhere, pushing further into the issue making Jiyeon sigh in frustration. They were asking too much.

 

"Hey, don't you think that's too perso-" 

"Hajima. Gwenchana." Yesung grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to the chair, saying it was alright. "I'll tell you all..."

 

"Its because... The person I loved was with someone else. They posted the photo and I wasn't so pleased so I drank til I couldn't see who I was with or how I even ended up in a motel and hungover... That is all. We will be taking our leave now." Yesung answered truthfully before standing up, grabbing Jiyeon by the hand as they walked off to the back. 

 

What they didn't know was that Kyuhyun, Hyesun and Heechul were all on standby in different corners of the room in disguises.

 

~

 

"Did you know who the people in the picture were?"

 

"Of course I did. Even when he said it, I could already imgine who was in that photo."