Chapter 8

My mismatch

"What was it like?"

 

"It felt like that crack you hear? Like the crack just told you... 'Your heart is falling apart'."

 

~

 

"Where is she?! Hyung! Where's Jiyeon?!" Kyuhyun asked frantically. After he got the call from Leeteuk saying that the hospital called him saying Jiyeon was involved in a car crash, Kyuhyun quickly finished his schedule and drove his way to the hospital.

 

"Kyu, calm down! She's in the ICU..." Leeteuk says as he held Kyuhyun back from barging in. "Hyung! I have to be there! She—! She needs me there!"

Kyuhyun says in frustration and anger, Leeteuk just held his dongsaeng til they both fell to their knees and Kyuhyun broke down.

 

"Hyung... What did I do to deserve this? What did Jiyeon do to deserve this? Why did it have to be her?" He asked as he cried on his hyung's shoulder. He slammed his fists down the tiled floor of the hospital in pure frustration.

 

"Neither of you did anything, Kyu... Calm down..." Leeteuk says, comforting Kyuhyun. As they both just stayed in the same position, Hyesun, Yesung and the other super junior members rushed in the hospital frantically asking where their Jiyeon was.

 

Leeteuk explained everything to them and told them to keep quiet as he motioned to the sleeping Kyuhyun with a tear-streaked face. Everyone looked at him with pure worry and sympathy and took a seat. The last to arrive was the Cho family who wept silently. 

 

"Uhhh... Cho Jiyeon." A doctor said, everyone then stood up. "How is she, doc?" Jiyeon's father asked the doctor as he held onto his wife who held Ara's hand tightly.

 

"Nothing too major happened to her. She just had a few cuts and bruises, her right wrist a little crooked but we've fixed everything she's still under anesthesia and pain killers so she's just resting for now..." The doctor says as he checked his clipboard. "You may visit her but only a few people at a time."

 

Everyone then took their turns to visit their slightly unconscious friend, daughter, sister. Til the last person to visit was Kyuhyun. Some may have thought that he'd go straight to the room where Jiyeon was held in but they thought wrong.

 

He had to take a few deep breaths but he couldn't calm himself down. He was struggling, he couldn't just face her directly. He once again took a few deep breaths before his hand rested on the doorknob. He twisted the knob and opened the door.

 

The first thing he saw was a sleeping princess, only though she was in the scariest place he could think of. To him, she was like a sleeping beauty waiting for his Prince and that was Him.

 

He walked closer to her, slowly, as if she could wake up with just one sound he makes. He knelt beside her bed and held her hand, thanking the Lord again for another miracle. It took a lot of time for it to sink in to him — She's still alive.

 

"Jiyeon-ah..." He traced her jaw with his free hand going up to her heavenly lips, her perfectly-drawn nose, those eyes he never wanted to see crying — oh, those eyes — and just everything about her.

 

"R-remember when we were little? I told you I'd always protect you right?" He said, his voice shaking. Little did he know that both Yesung and Hyesun were standing by the door, silently watching.

 

"I'm sorry oppa couldn't do that earlier." A sole tear escaped his eyes, making everything else around him disappear. He could only see her. "I-..... Oppa's here now. Wake up, okay? I'll do anything." He sounded like a hopeless fool in front of people who didn't know, but it was nothing. He could cry until he died if she didn't wake up.

 

"What would everything mean if I lost something, someone rather, who's already my everything?" He cried before resting his head on the bed.

 

 

"It really hit him hard this time, huh?" Hyesun remarked. To be honest, it was the hardest for Kyu to wait and hide how he really felt when he's not her fiancé. 

 

"That's how it feels to be broken." Yesung replied. "Like your world will collapse without that person. Like you can see them, but you can't reach them no matter how many times you call."

 

"I guess you're right... Let's just pray Jiyeon will wake up sooner than later." Hyesun said, hiding the fact that she was surprised of what Yesung said. It was as if he hid the true meaning behind those words. The two of them decided to leave Kyuhyun and Jiyeon alone. 

 

Kyuhyun sat down on the chair and watched over his sister for a few minutes til Eunhyuk. "Hey Kyu, Leeteuk-hyung is asking for you..." He said, his tone hesitant. Kyuhyun sighed before standing up and walked out of the room, Eunhyuk replacing him.

 

As Kyuhyun walked out of the room, Leeteuk walked up to him and puts a hand on his shoulder. "You feeling any better?" He asked his dongsaeng; it was obvious that he wasn't. "I don't know, hyung. I seriously don't know." 

 

"Well..." Leeteuk smiled slightly. "You're actually luckier than we were. When you got in that accident, you were in a coma for three days. For more than three days, we didn't know if you'd ever be able to wake up or not. The doctor said she'll be alright, ne?" Leeteuk tried to cheer him up a little and assure him everything would be alright. To be honest, his hyung's words made him feel a little better.

 

"Yeah... Thanks hyung that means a lot..." Kyuhyun says with a small chuckle, Leeteuk just smiled at him and patted his back.

 

"Hyung! Hyung! She's awake! Call the doctor!" Eunhyuk says as he rushed out of the room. Everyone perked up and looked straight at Eunhyuk. "She's awake." They chorused in relief.

 

~

 

"You finally woke up?"

 

"Yeah. To the smell of insanity."