Prologue

My mismatch

"What do you mean? Aren't you two engaged?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Now what?"

 

"He's my mismatch. That's it."

 

~

 

Engagement Party*

 

"Happy engagement Yesung and Jiyeon!" Everyone in the function hall yelled. From Family members, to close friends, to super junior hyungs.

 

Yesung and Jiyeon walked in with linked arms when everyone yelled their congratulation to the now engaged couple.

 

"Hyung! Finally the time has come!" Siwon says, giving Yesung a good pat in the back. "Well no one really suspected it Siwon-hyung!" Eunhyuk says happily as he congratulated his hyung and his best friend.

 

"Well we actually thought Leeteuk-ah would propose to Sora-ssi first." Jiyeon said with a smile as she muffled her giggle with her hand. Everyone else laughed while Leeteuk blushed madly, even Sora was laughing.

 

Kyuhyun then walked in only to see a busy function hall—Yes. He was late which was surprising. His tie wasn't fixed nor his hair. He totally forgot that it was his dear sister's engagement party—or he chose to forget that is.

 

His mother quickly fixed her messy-looking son while Ara just laughed at his idiotic-looking brother. Kyuhyun's eyes searched for that long-haired brunette through the sea of people. Once he spotted the engaged sister of his he yelled, "Jiyeon-ah!"

 

Jiyeon spun around to see his surprisingly late brother, she gave him a wide smile and pointed to the ring on her finger with a giggle. Kyuhyun just smiled back. 

 

As Jiyeon looked away from her brother, someone seemed to be missing from the crowd. Oh. That's right. It was Hyesun. That girl always brought in a unique act in every party which seemed to be missing in this one.

 

"Heechul-ah, have you seen Hyesun anywhere?" Jiyeon asked the blonde-headed guy. Heechul took a good look around the hall and shook his head. "Didn't she say she was coming?" He said in pure confusion, he didn't think Hyesun would miss out, especially with Jiyeon's special day.

 

Jiyeon took out her phone and looked through her messages to see that Hyesun messaged her.

 

**

Hyesun~😘:

 

Unnie! I can't come to the party today! I have a gig with the orchestra, mianhae! I'll make it up to you. Fighting~! xoxo

 

**

 

Jiyeon frowned as she reread the message and turned her phone off. "So?" Heechul says, pushing Jiyeon to answer. "Well, she said she couldn't come. She has a gig on the same day." Jiyeon says as she looked at her groom-to-be interacting with the guests while she was there, worrying why her best friend couldn't come. 

 

"That's not like her. Kyu's quite tense today as well... Is there something wrong?" Heechul asked with a raised eyebrow. "That... I don't know." Jiyeon says, her once lively tone has become dull and shy.

 

"Well, have fun Jiyeon-ssi, this is YOUR engagement party! Stop frowning!" Shindong appears from God knows where. Jiyeon and Heechul looked at Shindong who not only had a happy smile on his face but also a plate full of food.

 

"Okay okay, Shindong go unwind." Heechul said exasperatedly. Jiyeon nodded and gave him a small wave to bid him goodbye. 

 

After the party~ In the hotel room**

 

Yesung and Jiyeon waved their last guests goodbye with their signature smiles and farewells. Once they were all gone, they both went inside their hotel room and locked the door behind them. 

 

"Phew... I didn't think we'd have that many guests just for an engagement party, what would happen if it was the wedding?!" Yesung says as he slumped down the carpeted floor. Jiyeon nodded in agreement before taking her heels off, putting them back in the box.

 

"I think we'd already sold out a whole resort if the wedding happened." Jiyeon says as she grabs the makeup remover and took her whole makeup look off. "Well it would've been grand." Yesung said with a chuckle as he took his socks, shoes and necktie off. 

 

Jiyeon laughed and nodded in agreement before grabbing some pajamas and changed in the bathroom, she comes out in blue pajamas, her hair tied in a messy bun. Yesung goes to wipe off the foundation and change into some pajamas.

 

He then laid next to her and took out his iPhone, taking a selfie with Jiyeon and posted it on instagram with the caption:

 

yesung1106: "Just engaged! Time to go to bed! 👫💏💑 #engaged #yesung #superjunior #saranghae"

 

Jiyeon did the same with her instagram before the both of them let out a big breath.

 

"We put on a good show." Jiyeon says, giving Yesung a high-five. "Now we need a shut eye, g'night Jiyeon." He said with a sigh before going over to the other bed and lays down. "Yeah... G'night Yesung." Jiyeon says before turning off the lights.

 

~

 

"Then what happened?"

 

"No one knew it was a set up all along."