Chapter 5

My mismatch

"How did it feel fixing them?"

 

"It felt as if I was important to them. More than just their friend or brother."

 

~

 

"Kim Yesung!!!" Jiyeon yelled in annoyance.

"Mwo? Wae?" Yesung answered, pissed. "This is like the nth time you shouted my name."

 

"Of course I would! 2 days after our engagement party and you already have a scandal!" Jiyeon just dropped the bomb, making Yesung lose it.

 

"I NEVER ASKED WHERE YOU WENT. I NEVER ASKED WHO FETCHED YOU. I NEVER ASKES HOW YOU GOT THAT STUFF TOY SO WHY ARE YOU SNOOPING INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS?!" He exclaimed, his hands balled up into fists, his posture looked tense and the look on his face showed he was beyond angry.

 

"BECAUSE I CARE, YESUNG! JUST BECAUSE WE'RE JUST SOME SET UP DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T CARE FOR YOU!" Jiyeon yelled in frustration as she looked at him with a look of disbelief. "WAS IT BAD THAT I CARED FOR YOU UNLIKE YOU?"

 

"Hyung? Jiyeon? What's going on?" Kyuhyun asks as he walked in the living room, looking tired from finishing yet another day of fulfilling everything in his schedule. Yesung and Jiyeon turned to him, when they saw that it was Kyuhyun their postures softened but their glares still reached each other.

 

"Did you read the news?" Jiyeon asked Kyuhyun even though the answer was quite obvious. "No. Why? What's in that junk to read?" Kyuhyun asked with confusion in his eyes.

 

"You're right. It's junk." Jiyeon fired again the moment Kyuhyun finished reading the tabloid. 

"Hyung, what happened?!" Kyu exclaimed with the same face Jiyeon had a while ago.

"I should be the one asking you that!" Yesung yelled at Kyuhyun while the other party stood there like a lost reindeer. "Where were you after our engagement party?"

 

"I was out drinking with my girlfriend. What's so wrong about that? I mean, you and Jiyeon even took a selfie in bed and I don't have the right to take a freaking SELFIE?!" Kyuhyun's voice rose, signaling the start of another war.

 

Before anything else could happen, Jiyeon called her best friend. She wanted to hear her opinion too.

 

"Yobose-"

"Yah, come here! Palli!!"

"Yeon-ah?" Hyesun mumbled.

"Ne ne ne! We're at the villa, that's like 3 minutes away from you and we need you here right now ASAP!"

"Okay,  calm down. I'm coming."

"Palli!!"

 

Jiyeon hung up and checked on the two. Thankfully they didn't escalate quickly to grabbing each other's collars but it could happen.

 

"So you're jealous that I was with her. You know hyung, you could've told me. You didn't need to go to Vic-"

"Shut the hell up! Don't talk about Hyesun in front-"

"WHAT'S GOING ON?! WHAT'S THERE TO TALK ABOUT?!"

"Thank goodness..." Jiyeon managed to whisper after Hyesun's arrival but it seemed that she only added fuel to the fire. "Or... no?"

 

"So the number one hot topic of the town is here." Hyesun remarked, earning a glare from Yesung. "Even the ahjummas are talking about you, you know?"

"You don't know what I had to go through." Was all Yesung maanged to say in front of her.

"Hyung, the girl's finally here. Didn't you want to say something?" Kyuhyun smirked lightly. "I said shut up Kyu!" Yesung reminded his dongsaeng.

 

"Oh, I know what happened. You had a great night with Victoria-ssi...you went there together and-"

"It's not what you think!" Yesung shouted in frustration. "I.. I saw your picture with Kyuhyun-ah after our engagement party and you didn't even go there." He sighed as he caught his breath.

 

"I sent a text. It was an eligible reason, Woon. And I could go drink with my boyfriend and even sleep with him if I wanted to because the whole world knew. Unlike you, you already announced the engagement and there you were, drinking!" Hyesun ranted causing Yesung to drop his jaw in disbelief. Kyuhyun felt awkward and went to Jiyeon's side, both of them shrugging their shoulders.

 

"It's not what you think!"

"Then make me understand and tell me! I can't understand because you won't tell me!"

 

This was getting deeper as tears streamed down Hyesun's face. Jiyeon was at a panic and Yesung was alarmed after seeing her tears and poor Kyuhyun had to keep up with everything.

 

Yesung wanted to tell her everything and hug her tight but he couldn't. It was a problem of his. She knew what it was about, yet she wanted to hear it from him.

 

Jiyeon and Kyuhyun decided to phone a friend because it was getting more and more intense. The confidence they had that they could solve this was crumpled into pieces.

 

"I was just...I..."

"He was thinking of you." Heechul butts in, saying the words Yesung would have never managed to say.

 

Yes, he was there. He witnessed everything that happened before Vic and Yesung left and Vic told him everything that happened. He was the only one who could solve what was happening.

 

"He was thinking of you. He talked to Victoria like she was you. During the Mnet showcase, he couldn't be himself because he kept thinking about your picture with Kyuhyun. He drank because of it. Vic had to send him safely. Worse could've happened. What if a saesang saw him? Or a thief robbed him in the middle of the street?" Heechul omma shared his thoughts and the four of them listened to him attentively. Jiyeon and Kyuhyun smiled like idiots who just won the lottery.

 

"H-how did you know?" Was all Hyesun managed to say, tears still falling down heavily.

 

"I thought we were best friends. I know everything, dear." Heechul gave Hyesun a hug and she sobbed in his arms.

 

Yesung stood there like a racer who won last place, but now he was determined to fix everything. She looked at the most innocent one in the room, Jiyeon, and smiled lightly as if thanking her for worrying. He gave Kyuhyun a slight bow which meant an apology. He nodded in return.

 

As of now, he didn't know how to reach Hyesun yet. He wasn't ready. He was like that around her but now he knew what was more important. He had to fix it all up and thank Victoria. He'd kneel in front of everyone if he had to. He caused enough pain for all the people that mattered, he thought.

 

"Heechul hyung, gomawo."

"I know, Jongwoon. You're still the same."

"I know she'll be safe when she's with you."

"Why do you care so much?" Heechul inquired, making Yesung sweat. Jiyeon answered for him. 

"They grew up together. The four of us did."

"Ah. I see." Heechul replied, not so satisfied but he decided not to push further.

 

Yesung was about to leave and when he reached the door, he turned and waved at his wife-to-be and brother-in-law-to-be. As he looked at his princess who was still sobbing, he could only manage to whisper something that would've never reached her ears.

 

"Mianhae. Jeongmal."

 

~

 

"Did it hurt?"

 

"More than you could ever imagine..."