Chapter 2

My mismatch

"So? Did anything else happen?"

 

"Well let's say it was quite awkward at first."

 

~

 

~My heart's a stereo, it beats for you so listen close. Hear my thoughts in every note—~

 

Jiyeon woke up lazily and answered the phone, checking her alarm clock. She was back at her apartment, wanting a lazy day but a phone call found its way to her phone.

 

"Yoboseyo?" She answered tiredly as she waited for the person to say what they wanted to say so she could go back to sleep.

 

"Jiyeon? Its me, Yesung. I'm outside your apartment right now." Yesung says from the other line. Jiyeon restrained herself from whining in annoyance. Lazy day? Ruined.

 

"Yeah yeah so?" She said as she got off her bed and fixed it back to its neat self. "I was wondering if we could go somewhere? Just to have fun, as friends." Yesung says as he waited outside her apartment, weary that maybe some ELFs might see him.

 

"Okay okay, I'll be down in a bit." Jiyeon says before ending the call and went to take a shower. Yesung turned his phone off and waited.

 

~

 

After 30 minutes, Jiyeon was already rushing down and out the apartment. She rushed to Yesung and gave him a smack on the back of his head.

 

"Ow! What was that for?" Yesung said with a pout, turning around to see Jiyeon who was wearing an oversized cream sweater, black leggings with some white converse.

 

"A very wintery look, Jiyeon. Now come on." Yesung says, grabbing her hand and walked to the nearest cafe. "You know you have guts to call me when I've already planned my lazy day, Yesung." Jiyeon says with a huff. Yesung laughs and just puts a hand on her bag, urging her to continue walking.

 

When they reached the cafe, they were both laughing as they talked about the people they saw that played like idiots. The staff welcomed the two of them as they walked in. 

 

They looked around for an empty table but when they saw a half-empty table fit for 4 people but only 2 was occupied. They walked towards the people and before they could say anything...

 

"Ah—! Hyung?"~K

"Oppa?"~J

"Yesung-ssi?"~H

"Heh? What are you guys doing here?"~Y

 

"That's what we should be asking you!" Kyuhyun implied with a laugh. He turned his head to see his little sister and raised an eyebrow. "Another set up date?" He asked, looking at the two of them

 

"Oh no, this is an actual date. A friendly one at that." Jiyeon says quickly, waving her hands as if saying Kyuhyun was wrong with his conclusion.

 

"Why a cafe though?" Hyesun asked as she eyed the two of them. She had to admit she was slightly jealous. "Jiyeon just woke up, so I took her to the nearest cafe to her apartment which would be here." Yesung says with a shrug.

 

"Jiyeon. You didn't tell me you had an apartment?" Kyuhyun said, looking straight at Jiyeon who secretly slapped Yesung on the back. "You weren't there when I asked permission. You were with the hyungs to your super show." Jiyeon says, trying not to face palm at her brother's stupidity.

 

"Then how come Yesung-hyung knows?" Kyuhyun deadpanned, okay. NOW Jiyeon wanted to face palm badly. "He's my fiancé for Pete's sake Oppa." Jiyeon said exasperatedly. 

 

"Okay okay okay. How about we take a seat and just order some drinks okay?" Yesung says getting in between the siblings, knowing if no one stopped them then it would be chaos. Hyesun quickly agreed at Yesung's suggestion, call a waitress for a menu.

 

The two siblings sit down and huffed. Yesung then sat down next to Kyuhyun and cross from Jiyeon. "Okay enough with the frowns, you two. Now go give your orders." Hyesun says, slightly concerned what ever might happen if their mouths spurted chaos.

 

Once they've given out their orders, an elephant was just resting on the table. Kyuhyun and Jiyeon refused to meet each other's gaze, Hyesun and Yesung didn't know how to push the elephant away from the four of them.

 

"S-So—! Let's talk yeah? How have you been Jiyeon? How's work?" Hyesun asked her silent best friend which was quite rare, Jiyeon wasn't exactly wild but she wasn't an introvert. 

 

"Its been okay... I've teached a lot of workers who seemed interested in digital marketing and the studios are filled with students who are also practicing for winter performances." Jiyeon says as she fiddled with her fingers, she hated it when she and Kyu fought with one another.

 

Hyesun clapped her hands together. "So business is good?" She asks, she had been quite interested in Jiyeon's work for quite some time. "You could say that." Jiyeon said softly and stopped fiddling with her fingers.

 

Hyesun turned to Yesung and pleaded for help through her eyes. Yesung took a deep breath looking away before looking at the siblings. "Come on you two, I know you hate fighting with one another so you guys better make up." He said with a small smile of comfort. 

 

Kyuhyun just had his hands laced together, his head down while Jiyeon just looked anywhere but towards Kyuhyun. "Come on you two, make up already. This tension needs to stop." Yesung urges, Kyuhyun looks up while Jiyeon met his gaze.

 

"Mianhae, Jiyeon-ah." Kyuhyun said slowly as his eyes met hers. Jiyeon smiled in a slightly sad and tired manner. "I forgive you oppa... Mianhae." She said softly, Kyuhyun then walked over to her and hugged her, his arms resting around her shoulders. It was their way of making up.

 

Hyesun and Yesung both sighed in relief, also thankful that once the siblings made up their orders arrived. The elephant left their table and now they were all chattering ams enjoying their time with each other like old times.

 

They laughed, joked, talked about how their lives were and how it was going to survive for the next few years. Its as if they forgot that the only thing blocking them from these type of moments were the awkwardness, the secrets the four kept from each other.

 

They spent their time at the cafe as if it was a usual thing they did which they haven't done in a few years. Their smiles reached their eyes, their laughs sounding more real than what you'd hear from time to time.

 

Their feelings that were shown in their time with each other? They were real. Sincere.

 

~

 

"How did it feel?

 

"It felt right. Everything was okay at that moment."