Chapter 3

My mismatch

"How'd it happen?"

 

"I don't know. We never had a route to go to in the first place."

 

~

 

"Hello? Yesung? Aren't you gonna pick me up from the flower shop?" Jiyeon says through the phone with a frown etched on her face.

 

"Mian, Jiyeon. I have a show to attend as a guest host today..." Yesung says over the other line clearly busy. 

 

"So you're saying that you can't pick me up...?" Jiyeon whispered to the phone since the staff was already looking at her.

 

"I can't, I'm truly sorry... You can take the bus though?" Yesung suggests, Jiyeon rolled her eyes. "I'll see what I can come up with. Enjoy the show. Bye." She says before hanging up and sighing.

 

"Alrighty then... Gotta look for another ride." She says and scrolled through her contacts. Her parents and sister were busy so that was a no. Hyesun was off to another gig so no. Her oppas? Nope. She had no choice.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Oppa! Thank goodness, you answered." Jiyeon says with a sigh of relief.

 

"Jiyeon?" Kyuhyun says over the phone, he was quite surprised Jiyeon would call.

 

"Are you busy right now?" She asked, hoping he wasn't. "Actually I just finished my schedule for today. Why?" He asked through the other line.

 

"I need a ride. Yesung has a show to attend to and Hyesun is busy with her gig." Jiyeon explained as she sat down. "What about Noona, Omma or Appa?" Kyuhyun asked as he goes to get himself a glass of water.

 

"Busy too. Come on Oppa please?" She pleaded over the phone, once she heard the sigh she smirked. She won.

 

"Arrasso, arrasso." He sighed in defeat. "Where are you?" 

 

"I'm at the flower shop in Byeongmun. Gomawo oppa!" She squealed, causing the staff who was arranging the flowers to look at her in disbelief. She was acting like a child in a woman's body. When she realizes that she turned to the staff and bowed as an apology.

 

She walks out of the shop and waited for ger brother to arrive. When she sees a familiar car up ahead she sighed in relief. As the window rolled down, you could see that it was Kyuhyun driving.

 

"Hey Oppa." Jiyeon says with a smile. "Oh just get in." Kyuhyun says as he opened the car door. She gets in and closes the car door before Kyuhyun drives off. "So, are you gonna take me to my apartment?" Jiyeon asked her brother.

 

"I don't even know your address... Let's just go roam somewhere." Kyuhyun says as he continued to drive. Jiyeon just raised an eyebrow before shrugging. "I have to be home before 3pm though." She says.

 

"Don't worry, I'll get you to your apartment before 3pm even comes..." Kyuhyun says reassuring her as he drives them to an amusement park that only lasts in the city for a few days.

 

"An amusement park? How long has it been since we went to an amusement park together, Oppa?" Jiyeon asks in surprise, Kyuhyun just chuckled and unlocked the car doors. They both got out of the car before Kyuhyun uses his car lock control to automatically lock the car. 

 

As they walk in the amusement park, they looked from ride to ride, game to game and food stand to food stand. They first went to most of the park's rides before going to a small diner and ate some fast food.

 

Once they were full they decided to go and play some games. Some of the vendors mistoom them for being a couple which was covered by rushed "No we're not!" "We're siblings!"

 

In a game, Kyuhyun actually won her a stuffed animal which was the cuddly seal. He handed it to Jiyeon the moment he got it and she blushed, receiving the stuffed animal in her hands. Kyuhyun played with her hair and she whined at her oppa in disbelief, trying to fix her hair.

 

"Oppa, don't ruin my hair! The seal is gonna be much cuter than me!"

"Ani, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen even when you still have your bed hair. Trust me." He winked, making her turn blossom red.

"You mean that?"

"Ne. A lot." He suddenly grabbed her hand and before she could even protest, he put their entwined hands inside the pocket of his varsity jacket. The moment was destroyed by the sudden grumbling of his tummy. "I'm sure I meant that too. Kaja!" He dragged her with him cheerfully and she could only manage a giggle at her childish oppa.

 

~

 

"Did you guys even realize that on the other side chaos was unleashed?"

 

"Why worry about the things around you when you're having the best moment in your life with the person you love most?"